Ranking the NFL QBs

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you'd also take Eli over Rodgers, right? Because if it's all about winning then Eli has more Super Bowls so he's obviously the better QB. Russell Wilson is also a better QB because he's won just as many but been to another.

And Dan Marino is probably not HoF worthy, they really screwed that one up.
Rodgers legacy is a long way from being finished. And this wasn't about who would you like as QB now, but who is worthy of a "greatest top 5 QBS in the NFL" and it's not about whether someone belongs in the HOF or not. At this point, while they are still playing and have a number of years ahead of them. it's too soon to say where Rodgers or Eli or Wilson might end up on this list. I will say that Marino doesn't belong on the list, and given that he is close to the end of his career, Peyton doesn't belong on the list either. I'll never forget the look of abject terror/panic on Manning's face when the Seahawks pounded the Broncos in the SB. Something that automatically disqualifies someone from Top 5 consideration, just IMO mind you, is an inability to win chanpionships - plural. That's why Favre doesn't belong on the list either. They all belong in the HOF, or are well on their way there, but the HOF is a different discussion.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just pick Jack out of your username...

Anyway, I am done, as usual, this board believes you are not allowed to criticize TT, MM or A-Rod for anything.

In closing, I think all three of them are awesome, I would not trade them for anything, I just refuse to sit here with rose colored glasses when Rodgers and this team are failing to get back to the Super Bowl. There are obviously reason for it and all 3 of them deserve their fair share of criticism, which I admit is very, very little but there none the less, they have not been perfect.

There is not such thing as good enough in sports, either you win the championship or you were not good enough. Period. And there is nothing wrong with not being good enough every single year, it is not achievable, but you can certainly fine ways to improve.

I stand by the fact that as long as our defense is pathetic, the offense needs to be more aggressive and that includes A-Rod
I agree with you. I thought this string started with the 5 best QBs in NFL history. I think it's important to win chanpionships - plural - to even be considered. I'm with you on TT, ARod, and to a lesser extent MM. They are all at or near the very top of their respectibe professions and provide us with a lot of great entertainment. As a fan base we have been very fortunate over the past 20 plus years. But 2 SBs is not nearly enough given the talent. Favre threw away a chance at the SB in overtime against the Giants at home, and MM decided to play not to lose against the Seahawks last year and lost. I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning those calls without fear of being considered disloyal to the green and gold. That the calls likely cost us one or two more SBs makes them even more egregious. Game of inches kids. And the gane is 60 minutes long MM.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My user name on this board is a tribute to Jack Vainisi, as in "Thanks Jack Vainisi". Vainisi was a very important man in the history of the franchise that, until recently, seemed all but ignored. Vince Lombardi may not have come to Green Bay except for Vainisi and if he had anyway, wouldn't have had the roster he did to work with.

My name isn't Jack and when I'm referred to as Jack IMO it ignores the tribute I'm trying to make to a very deserving person in Packers history.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers legacy is a long way from being finished. And this wasn't about who would you like as QB now, but who is worthy of a "greatest top 5 QBS in the NFL" and it's not about whether someone belongs in the HOF or not. At this point, while they are still playing and have a number of years ahead of them. it's too soon to say where Rodgers or Eli or Wilson might end up on this list. I will say that Marino doesn't belong on the list, and given that he is close to the end of his career, Peyton doesn't belong on the list either. I'll never forget the look of abject terror/panic on Manning's face when the Seahawks pounded the Broncos in the SB. Something that automatically disqualifies someone from Top 5 consideration, just IMO mind you, is an inability to win chanpionships - plural. That's why Favre doesn't belong on the list either. They all belong in the HOF, or are well on their way there, but the HOF is a different discussion.

You're ranking for QBs seems to come down to which good QB had the best team. And, in my opinion, I'm afraid you lost me when this system basically says that Roethlisberger is a better QB than Favre, Marino and Peyton Manning because Roethlisberger won a Super Bowl after going 9/21 for 123 yards and 2 interceptions with no touchdowns but his TEAM still managed to beat Seattle.

Members online

Latest posts