Rank 'em: Week 15 Edition

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda slow around here, so something to have some fun with until everyone gets the sleep out of their eyes.

Another season is flying by, and we've come to the "is you is or is you ain't " part of it. Who are the real, legit Super Bowl contenders today. Emphasis on legit, not 'anything can happen'. Here goes.
NFC
Top Tier/Top Contenders

1- Panthers-
Time to put away all the 'they're not really that good, etc" stuff. They're for real. A very good defense that takes the ball away on a regular basis, and features 3 elite players. Physical . A solid running game. A QB who makes plays running and passing. A very well coached team who's confidence is through the roof. Put it all together, and it spells 'team to beat in the NFC'.
2 -Cardinals- An explosive, high scoring offence combined with an under rated defense that stops the run and has play makers on the back end. Can Palmer hold up? They only go as far as if he plays, and plays well.
3-Seahawks- They've got their championship mojo back. Wilson is playing at an elite level, and has them racking up points and big plays despite no Lynch, Graham or Rawls, and a supposedly so-so WR group. The defense is starting to look dominant again, and just in time. Consensus winner of the "team no one wants to play" in the NFC award.

Second Tier
4-Packers- Teams passed around film after week 3, and discovered this team had no deep passing game. Always dangerous and to be respected as long as they have Rodgers, but too many issues for too long to overcome, and injuries are taking their toll.

Next level/Tier- Not gonna bother; not even a prayer in the bunch. This hodgepodge of mediocrity is only still discussed because there has to be 6 playoff teams per conference.Okay, okay toss the Vikings in as #5, but they've been exposed, are banged up, and a year away yet. And they still can't be sure that they have their QB of the future yet.

AFC
Top Tier

1-Patriots- What more can be said about them? The gold standard of the NFL, and likely will be as long as they have Bellichick and Brady. Getting key players back in time for the playoffs.
2- Bengals- Contingent upon if Dalton can make it back and be effective. Tremendous talent on both sides of ball, but the questions of can they get it done in the playoffs are still there.
3-Broncos- Contingent upon if they can get an even reasonable facsimile of Manning back for the playoffs.
Next Tier
4-Steelers- The wild card. Can score on anyone, but I still have doubts about their defense. If 2 and 3 stumble, I see them as the team that matches up least well vs the Patriots.

The rest-Sure, one of the Texans and Colts will have to get in( I think the Texans), but out of them, the Chiefs, and the Jets, I don't see any of them having a snowballs chance in hell of getting to Santa Clara.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen the Cardinals play a single game all year. They keep winning so I"ll put them #1. I'd put the Steelers in top 3 at least for AFC. Not sure what Cinci is going to do if Dalton doesn't come back. Another team I never watch, but losing your starting QB can 't be good this time of year. Having a back up win a game for you is one thing, even if it is a super bowl, having them win consistently and then thru the playoffs is another. Word is Dalton will be back, so that's good news for them. As they sit now, I'd put Pats, STeelers above them for sure.

As poorly as GB has looked, I don't think Carolina or the Seahawks are appreciably better when the playoffs hit. Seattle is still giving up points and yards on defense, they've just had the luxury of playing the Vikings and the Ravens the past couple weeks. and now they get to play the Browns and the Rams without a QB. They're good, I don't think they're much different than they've been all year and hardly unbeatable.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the Bengals and Broncos ahead of the Steelers because all things equal, IMO they're better overall teams. But if Cinncy and Denver go into the playoffs with health/performance issues at QB, then I move Pitt in front of them.
Ironically of the three, I think the Steelers are the easiest matchup for the Pats.

Members online

Latest posts