1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Rank Crimes

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Dagento, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Dagento

Dagento Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Which are the ten worst crimes according to you?

1st is the worst and 10th the least worst[/align]

2. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    1. Murder of a child.
    2. Child Molestation
    2. Murder of an adult
    3. Rape of an adult
    4. Kidnapping
    5. Armed Robbery
    6. Aggravated Assault
    7. Grand Theft Auto
    8. Theft
    9. Going Off Sides on 2nd and 1
    10. Getting Home and finding out you did not get your french fries.

#259- Prostitution.

R.P.

3. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1-10 Being a kid toucher

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I was on a jury and the person on trial was a parent who shot someone who molested their kid, there's no way I could convict that person. I'd buy that person a beer.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hopefully then you would not ever be on a jury in such a case.

I feel your personal conviction on the situation. However, it would be the end of our judicial system as we know it if you were allowed to be Juror on a case involving a child/murder/molestation and had preconceived notions on your vote before the trial.

Many Jurors in the Deep South felt the same about Not Convicting A Person On Trial for some crimes in the 1960's.

1960 Mississippi- I can not convict a White Man for a crime of murdering a Black Man for any crime against a White man. I would buy him a beer!

2008- America- I can not convict a Father of murdering a person who sexually abused his child for any reason. I would buy him a beer!

The Law is the law. We can not take the law in our own hands and that also means following the law set forth for Jurors in a trail in ANY CRIME... regardless of how disgusting that charge is against the defendant on trial.

Emotion and personal belief have no place on any jury.

Otherwise, there will be no law.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    But thats how laws get made to begin with. Murder is illegal because people FELT it was bad and should be punishable.

Can't take the emotion out of the people. Judges know this, and the ratfaced lawyers know this, thats why they put on such good shows for us jury members! It's like Hamlet, but not suicidally boring.

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    1. People who have shown that they cannot raise kids, are allowed to have as many as they want.

2. That anyone is allowed is to get more than one drunk driving.

3. That it costs more to go to the doctor three times a year, than most used cars.

4. Mike Sherman.

5. Anyone who even considers harming a companion animal.

6. Three-twenty-nine a gallon.

7. $275 million per day.

8. That those who work, usually make more than those who taught them how.

9. Me, ages 18-30.

10. Fuzz_Nuts

8. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Now this thread is getting interesting and educational as far as food for thought.

Then it is a good thing Hadden Clarke was never called for jury duty in the trial of Jeffery Dahmer. It would have been a hung jury, Hadden would never have convicted , because Hadden who was on the jury of Dahmer found nothing wrong with it. Jury dead-locked 11 to 1. Miss Trial.

Then....Let's just say... in the second trial of Jeffery Dahmer, Albert Fish was selected for the jury. Well, Albert is not going to convict him. He has his belief's, Jeffery did nothing wrong in my mind Albert says:. "Not Guilty." Jury dead-locked 11 to 1 Miss Trial.

I agree with you Trom. As has been stated; "The Law Is An ***." in some cases. However... There must be LAW! It must be followed, especially by jurors in a court of law.

9. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Laws are manifested from fear. I'm okay with that, it's the process that's horribly broken.

10. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was good stuff, again I must ask, whats all this about Fuzznuts?

11. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Just a surly rough-hewn maggot-pie, uglier than a lard bucket full of armpits.

12. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I agree with you and would be up front about it and of course would be immediately thrown off the jury by any decent judge.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats also the problem Zombie.......people like you and me would be honest, get thrown off the jury, and some lowlife would get to walk free, to go out and commit more crimes. How can you NOT let your morals affect your judgment? Now, that said, i DO believe i would base guilt or innocence ONLY on the testimony and evidence given.
    I hate child molestors, but would NOT find a guy guilty unless it was proven to me beyond a reasonable doubt.
    So i think i would be a fair juror.

15. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Being a Vikings fan
    2. Being a Vikings fan
    3. Being a Vikings fan
    4. Being a Bears fan
    5. Being a Lions fan

I debated on even putting the Lions on here... I just feel kind of bad for them

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The Law was made with the bible's commandments as a basis, as was most of our countries original code or moral conduct. Laws now have become skewed because we no longer have transcending values.

Our Laws are also made so that we would let 10 guilty people go free so that we don't wrongly convict an innocent man. That is an important part of our legal system that people lose sight of when a "Not Guilty" (not neccesarily innocent) verdict is handed down.

Also keep in mind, the legal system also assumes there will be a final day of judgement that will take care of those that are actually guilt but found not guilty.

that being said, the worse crimes are those that ruin lives, regardless of who it is against. A childs life is no more valuable than that of a 80 yr old. (like Cheesey for example)

17. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Crimes involving child abuse
    2. Philtration
    3. Giving a death penalty to an innocent man
    4. Talking trash behind Greg Jennings' back, although you won't live to tell it
    5. First-degree murder
    6. Thinking all finlanders live in huts in the middle of nowhere
    7. Bank robbery
    8. Sal from ESPN
    9. Aggravated assault
    10. Starting threads about frickin' Oreo cookies (this means you GBP)

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Me???? :shock: 80????? :shock:
    They say you are only as old as you feel......hey Trippster.......feel me and tell me how old i am!!! :lol:

19. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [quote="cheeseyMe???? :shock: 80????? :shock:
    They say you are only as old as you feel......hey Trippster.......feel me and tell me how old i am!!! :lol:[/quote]

WHOA :shock: lol

20. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I totally agree with that, and it's imperfection. I think the bigger problem in the jury room, is those that are more focused on returning to life/home, than on their analysis.

21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, that's the thing. I'm assuming they meant the guy was guilty and known to be guilty.

I STRONGLY believe in innocent until proven guilty, no matter how bad the crime was. I think that is the basis of America, and why we're better than other countries.

For instance, in England, silence is an admission of guilt. I think that's wrong, very, very wrong.

22. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. Stupid people!

All Finlanders live in igloos. Get it right, people!

23. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Igloos?"
    Isn't that one of those small beer coolers???

24. Dagento

Dagento Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Even though it´s a romantic thought that everybodys life is equaly valuble does it not work in real life. People allways value diffrent peoples life and a childrens life is the most valuble one. I think no one can say that a pedofiles life is equaly valuble as a childs.

In hospitals do they have priority that they first of all try to save a childrens life then a old man and rightly so.

A murder or a abuse of a child is the most worst crime. Raping, abusing or assulting women is also one of the worst. Hitting a women is, at least according to me, something you should never ever do. If a man do something like that then hes a coward, u never attack a women. Attacking a disabled person is also a disgusting thing to do.

I dont think any of u value everones life the same
    [/align]

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    All human life is valuable.........but if someone decides to commit a crime that takes away someone's life, they themselves have devalued their own life, and deserves punishment to the fullest.
    When you make a choice to commit a crime, you lose ALL your rights by your own actions.