Randy... Say it ain't so Moss

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This is just to rich... just what the doctor ordered for the classless Pats. Play with the fire that is Randy "I play when I want to" Moss.. your going to get burned. :)

With a chance for his first Super Bowl appearance only days away and a shot at a huge free-agency payday just around the corner, receiver Randy Moss reportedly has been involved in his first off-field incident since leaving Minnesota.

According to WDBO-AM radio, a temporary injunction has been entered against Moss "for protection against dating violence."

Moss reportedly cannot come within 500 feet of the complaining witness, or use or possess firearms.

The woman who obtained the injunction claims that Moss committed a battery against her, and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention.

A hearing has been set for January 28.

As far as we can tell, Moss has not been arrested and currently faces no criminal charges. Still, it's the last thing that he or the Patriots need as they prepare to continue to build upon a 17-0 record.

Our friends at Sporting News Radio tell us that, by 1:00 a.m. EST on Wednesday, roughly two hours after our story regarding certain allegations against "Randy Moss" was posted, the Florida radio station reporting the incident pulled the item from its web site.

Our friends at Rotoworld.com (amazingly, we actually do have multiple friends) did some more digging, and they found the Broward County judicial web site at which this story was first posted.

The Broward County web site shows the existence of a case involving "Randy G. Moss." There is a "Randy G. Moss" who plays for the Patriots and who has a residence in Florida. WDBO-AM in Florida apparently reported this story under the assumption that it's the same "Randy G. Moss." The fact that WDBO-AM yanked the story makes us wonder whether it is indeed the same guy.

We're in the process of attempting to contact the station for an explanation. Stay tuned.

Here is the court filing..

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/...&mscssid=&user_type=&hidPageName=http://www.c

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is just to rich... just what the doctor ordered for the classless Pats. Play with the fire that is Randy "I play when I want to" Moss.. your going to get burned. :)

With a chance for his first Super Bowl appearance only days away and a shot at a huge free-agency payday just around the corner, receiver Randy Moss reportedly has been involved in his first off-field incident since leaving Minnesota.

According to WDBO-AM radio, a temporary injunction has been entered against Moss "for protection against dating violence."

Moss reportedly cannot come within 500 feet of the complaining witness, or use or possess firearms.

The woman who obtained the injunction claims that Moss committed a battery against her, and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention.

A hearing has been set for January 28.

As far as we can tell, Moss has not been arrested and currently faces no criminal charges. Still, it's the last thing that he or the Patriots need as they prepare to continue to build upon a 17-0 record.

Our friends at Sporting News Radio tell us that, by 1:00 a.m. EST on Wednesday, roughly two hours after our story regarding certain allegations against "Randy Moss" was posted, the Florida radio station reporting the incident pulled the item from its web site.

Our friends at Rotoworld.com (amazingly, we actually do have multiple friends) did some more digging, and they found the Broward County judicial web site at which this story was first posted.

The Broward County web site shows the existence of a case involving "Randy G. Moss." There is a "Randy G. Moss" who plays for the Patriots and who has a residence in Florida. WDBO-AM in Florida apparently reported this story under the assumption that it's the same "Randy G. Moss." The fact that WDBO-AM yanked the story makes us wonder whether it is indeed the same guy.

We're in the process of attempting to contact the station for an explanation. Stay tuned.

Here is the court filing..

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/...&mscssid=&user_type=&hidPageName=http://www.c

Read the 2nd quoted box..

They are not sure its THE RANDY..

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Longtime.. I know.. but you gotten love it even for the distraction it may cause this week.. one can only wish right. ;)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Ahhh how sweet the justice is.. if they win this weekend.. Moss will hear this question a couple hundred times. ;)

http://580wdbo.com/includes/news/in...With-Temporary-Restraining-Order__105029.html

RADIO STATION POSTS MOSS RESTRAINING ORDER by Michael David Smith

On Tuesday night, the Florida radio station WDBO posted a story on its web site saying that a temporary injunction had been entered against Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss "for protection against dating violence."

A couple hours later, the station pulled the report without explanation, leading us to wonder if the station had jumped the gun, and whether the Randy G. Moss who had a restraining order against him was just a guy who happened to share a name with a football player.

But now WDBO has posted a copy of the order to its web site, and it is the Randy Moss who plays for the Patriots, unless there are two people named Randy Gene Moss who were born on 2/13/77, are 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, and live in Boston.

For the Patriots, this could become a distraction at exactly the wrong time, although so far this season the Patriots have shown an amazing ability not to let anything distract them.

As for WDBO, why did they post, then pull, then post the story again? I called their newsroom and couldn't reach anyone who knew, but they're standing by the story now.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Oh it is Randy... Boston papers are running with it now.. whether he is guilty or not.. this will become a media storm... distraction for the Patzies.. ;)

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1066961&srvc=home&position=0

A temporary restraining order has been issued against Patriots [team stats]’ receiver Randy Moss, after a Florida woman alleged he beat her and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention on Jan. 6, according to court documents.

Rachelle Washington, 35, of Fort Lauderdale, filed a petition for a restraining order in Broward County on Monday. A temporary injunction was issued Monday against Moss by the Broward County court, ordering him to stay at least 500 feet away from her, her home and her car.

At Gillette Stadium this morning, Moss addressed the allegation, saying he’s “never laid a hand on a woman in 30 years.”

He asked fans not to rush to judge him.

A hearing has been scheduled for Jan. 28 at the Fort Lauderdale courthouse on the restraining order and the woman’s allegations.

In the court papers, Washington says the alleged incident occurred on Jan. 6 at her home. Washington alleges Moss committed “a battery upon (Washington) causing serious injury. (Moss) refused to allow (Washington) to seek medical treatment.”

Washington claims the two have been in an “intimate relationship since 1997.” She also claims in the papers that Moss has guns and has “a drug or alcohol problem.”

On Jan. 6, the Patriots were in the midst of their bye week, preceding their first playoff game on Jan. 12 against the Jacksonville Jaguars [team stats].

Moss had one catch in the 31-20 win over the Jaguars. The Patriots are currently preparing for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the San Diego Chargers.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss Denies Allegations He Seriously Injured a Woman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3199471

I implore every "person" who said TT should be fired for not bringing in this lowlife to the Packers to personally call TT and thank him for "not doing everything he could" to make that trade happen.

I just dont understand why anyone would want to cheer for this P.O.S.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Should we go ahead and hang him now? or should we give him the right to be proven guilty?

A woman can file a temporary restraining order against a man simply for feeling "threatened". (thank you O.J. Simpson) there does not need to be material evidence. However, at the hearing, the woman will have to show reasonable cause for her fear in order for the restraining order to be put in place.

And gentlemen, you too can achieve the lofty level of having a temporary restraining order placed on you simply by going to a womans home when she told you not to. Hmmmmm......

no means NO!!!

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Moss Denies Allegations He Seriously Injured a Woman

Should we go ahead and hang him now? or should we give him the right to be proven guilty?

A woman can file a temporary restraining order against a man simply for feeling "threatened". (thank you O.J. Simpson) there does not need to be material evidence. However, at the hearing, the woman will have to show reasonable cause for her fear in order for the restraining order to be put in place.

And gentlemen, you too can achieve the lofty level of having a temporary restraining order placed on you simply by going to a womans home when she told you not to. Hmmmmm......

no means NO!!!

In his previous nine seasons -- seven with Minnesota and two with Oakland -- he was involved in several incidents.With Minnesota, he was criticized by quarterback Daunte Culpepper and others for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss to Washington. He bumped a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abused corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirted an official with a water bottle in 1999.

I think all this and the fact he wiped his *** on the goal post at Lambeau show a pattern of him being a jerk, When you have that much smoke there is a good chance there is fire.

Sorry Johnny Cochran...a person is defined by their actions in the real world.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Moss has an established record of bad behavior, and is not a man with good character.

That said, I'm reserving judgment on this.

What is strange though is in one story I read, he admitted that she was injured in an accident, but then said she wasn't hurt. Well, that's either a contradiction or he means she wasn't seriously hurt. Even if he didn't assault her there could be something else bad that happened.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Moss say he's never laid a hand or tried to harm a woman in his life....

...but didn't he hit a female traffic officer with his car a couple years ago?

Sure, not everybody loves waiting in traffic, or are fans of cops, but you can't hit them with your car.

Oh Randy, almost a full year of no drama. What better time for Randy distractions than Conference Championship weekend.

Also...the lady could be fullashit. Woman have done this to male athletes before, and will again.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only did he hit her, he then refused to stop and continued driving slowly with her on the hood for a considerable distance, in an attempt to get her to jump off so he could speed away.

He intentionally used a motor vehicle to enforce his will on a cop. He makes bad decisions.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do i think he's capable of anything like that?
Yup.
I haven't seen the proof yet for me to say he's guilty..........but his track record would say I wouldn't be surprised if he did it.

V

Vikeman

I find these comments suspect. Prior to bashing the ignorance of the aforementioned posters, I will research past posts (up to a year ago) on this site just to see whom thought "Moss should be a Packer" & "he gets a bad rap". Now that he is a Patriot on a collision course with the Packers...he has a "track record" and is a "lowlife".

The guy did some childish stupid things in his younger days but has matured...and hitting women is not his style.

Wasn't Al Harris (your beloved outstanding cornerback) caught up in some trouble with a woman in Florida...only to be made out as false allegations...and a BS attempt to basically extort money from Harris? Was he innocent until proven guilty. Moss is not a cancer and certainly not a bad guy. Matter a fact I think Vicoden man was screaming to get the guy in a Packer uniform. Funny how the world works sometimes.

V

Vikeman

I find these comments suspect. Prior to bashing the ignorance of the aforementioned posters, I will research past posts (up to a year ago) on this site just to see whom thought "Moss should be a Packer" & "he gets a bad rap". Now that he is a Patriot on a collision course with the Packers...he has a "track record" and is a "lowlife".

The guy did some childish stupid things in his younger days but has matured...and hitting women is not his style.

Wasn't Al Harris (your beloved outstanding cornerback) caught up in some trouble with a woman in Florida...only to be made out as false allegations...and a BS attempt to basically extort money from Harris? Was he innocent until proven guilty. Moss is not a cancer and certainly not a bad guy. Matter a fact I think Vicoden man was screaming to get the guy in a Packer uniform. Funny how the world works sometimes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bitterness is strong with this one.

Enjoy the game, Sunday.

V

Vikeman

johnny_blood said:
Not only did he hit her, he then refused to stop and continued driving slowly with her on the hood for a considerable distance, in an attempt to get her to jump off so he could speed away.

He intentionally used a motor vehicle to enforce his will on a cop. He makes bad decisions.

Wow...maybe if you would have read the lawsuit and statements to police made by the meter maid...you would know the truth. Moss didn't hit her with the car. She sat on the hood of his car (deliberatly) as he drove the wrong way down a one way street. Moss applied the brakes...she slid off. Guess what! No lawsuit! No conviction! But you know what really happened right Johnny? Because you were there...you don't need to look at the police reports online do ya bud?

If the guy became a Packer all of you would be defending him...and all of you know it. I can't wait to see this guy shred your secondary. Moss has always 100% completely owned the Green Bay Packers!

Al Harris is an outstanding cornerback...he matches up well with Moss!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y-v2YLSzAM&feature=related

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I neither said the Packers should get Moss, nor did I say he was guilty.

If Randy is accussed of something then people will recall his past. This is why he should exercise great caution.

Every team has employed criminals.

I do not know what I said that was ignorant, but I hope you can disabuse me of my false beliefs. I lived in the Twin Cities when he was there and have stated my best recollection.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe Moss has a track record for getting into trouble, but you cannot convict someone until there is proof and he is found guilty.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You did not deny that after she sat on his hood, he continued driving slowly for a considerable distance, ignoring her commands.

Did that not happen?

I am not being combative, that's an honest question.

Choosing to continue driving while a police officer is touching or on your car is a bad decision. I never said he plowed into her, and carefully stated things were happening slowly.

I don't know what you mean by if he was a Packer I'd be defending him. I did defend him, I said I'm reserving judgment. I never said he was guilty or that his past increased the likeliness that he is guilty. If you expect everyone to defend him more, and to not talk about his past, that's unrealistic.

I don't know what court documents you read but if they are online just cite them. As I said this is my recollection from living there. I do not recall that Randy did nothing wrong, as you argue. Why are you talking about "police documents online" without providing a link? It's not like reading Minnesota police documents is anyone's regular pasttime. How do you get them?

I was wrong to call her a cop, she's a "traffic patrol officer." I could be wrong about everything else, I am giving my best recollection.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vikeman said:

The Bitterness is strong with this one.

Enjoy the game, Sunday.
Isn't it though??? :wink:
I haven't seen any proof of Moss growing up. Thats why i was on the fence the whole time of whether we should go after him or not.
Lets see.........did Moss almost drive over a parking checker cop? Yup....he sure did. Did he spray water at an official? Yup again. The guy has a track record, and it would not be a surprise in ANYTHING he might do.
That said, I would NOT find him guilty unless i saw some REAL evidence. But I'm not on the jury.
Vikeman.....your blindly supporting Moss is just as bad as those that say he's guilty without seeing evidence.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
you don't need to look at the police reports online do ya bud?

Where are they?

Minneapolis Police Department said:
How to Obtain Police Reports, Records or Other Police-Related Information

Police reports and records may be obtained from the MPD Records and Criminal History Units located at:

<snip>

Depending on the type of report, requests for reports may be made in person, by U.S. mail or by telephone.

http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/records/

Nor are they among The Smoking Gun's files on Randy.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont think that Moss has that bad of a past.

Spraying water????? Hardly worth mentioning.
Leaving field 2 seconds early? WHile not a good teammate thing to do, that is hardly criminal.
Bumping the traffic control cop? That is a little more serious. But what were the circumstances?
Mooning people? Who hasnt?

I really think that the likelyhood of someone alleging something against an athelete is probably more likely a lie than the truth...unless that someone is Pacman or Chris Henry...

Members online

Latest posts