Randy Moss?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
With Moss gone, Rice is getting closer to a return

As Vikings fans recover from the stunning decision of a dysfunctional franchise to dump the NFL's answer to Dennis Rodman, there's good news.No, really, there is.Per a league source, receiver Sidney Rice may less than three weeks away from playing.Rice...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm and the plot thickens. I wonder if they just cut Moss, an obvious distraction, because they knew they were getting Rice back soon. Maybe they figured it wasn't even worth it to keep Moss around for those 3 weeks because he was doing them more harm than good.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss' Reported Release Comes as Shock to Wes Welker, Patriots

Randy Moss' Reported Release Comes as Shock to Wes Welker, Patriots

Link

• Andy Kent
  • NFL Writer

While it was strange to see Randy Moss on the opposite side of the field wearing the purple and gold of the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday at Gillette Stadium for the New England Patriots, it was even more strange to hear the news that he reportedly was jettisoned by the Vikings less than 24 hours after their 28-18 victory.

Monique Walker of The Boston Globe caught up with some of the players in the locker room on Monday, among them wide receiver Wes Welker. Since coming over to New England in a trade from the Miami Dolphins after the 2006 season Welker has been the team's most productive receiver in terms of catches, and having Moss on the field with him to draw the attention of opposing defensive backs certainly helped his cause.

"Yeah, absolutely," Welker said in the Patriots' locker room when asked if he was surprised to hear the news. "Randy is obviously a great player so that's a tough deal if it is true. Who knows? But I find that hard to believe."

Of course it was all over the Internet by then, but Welker didn't know that. He was a little more guarded when he was asked if the team would welcome Moss back should the Patriots end up claiming him off of waivers.

However, Moss' name was not on the waiver wire by the 4 p.m. deadline, so that might never come to pass.

"You know that's all coach (Bill) Belichick's decision," he said. "So whatever he decides we're open to as a team and I'm sure he'll do what's best for the organization."

New England is 6-1 overall and 3-0 since Moss was traded to Minnesota for a third-round draft pick in 2011 two days after the Patriots knocked off the Miami Dolphins, 41-14, on Monday Night Football in Miami. Moss was held without a catch in that game and managed just 13 catches for 174 yards and a touchdown in four games for Minnesota.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, what the hell is going on in Viqueen Land? Randy is on my $4itty fantasy team...what a ******

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would have guessed Moss's time with the team would be shorter than Favres...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're not counting the pre-Patriots/Raiders era?

Yeah, I mean just from this season. I thought Moss would finish his career in Minnesota. I also thought Favre might call it quits mid season. did not see this coming.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So, is there a team that will pick Randy up off of waivers? Dallas, don't think so. Buffalo? Doubt it. Anyone want to guess?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
So, is there a team that will pick Randy up off of waivers? Dallas, don't think so. Buffalo? Doubt it. Anyone want to guess?

Is this like the prediction thread?? Where will Moss go?? WWMG bracelets!! Come'on LT..get on it!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Im terrible at this. I never would have guess the eagles would have picked up Vick. Or moss back to MN. But hell I will take a shot.

Oakland - no
New England - strongly doubt any chance of him coming back
GB - No
Detroit- no
Bears - yes
Rams - no
49ers - maybe
seattle- no
Broncos- yes
Chargers - yes

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Is this like the prediction thread?? Where will Moss go?? WWMG bracelets!! Come'on LT..get on it!
Might as well! Hell if the Vikings want to be a joke* as a fan I have to go with what makes me laugh. :happy0005:

*Although I think Chilly did it for a very good reason and we may hear more about it in the next few days. Although Moss's statement after the game on Sunday would have been enough for me to cut him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same dude who pretended to moon Packers fans in the end zone.
So there's no need to feel sorry for this guy.

Is it Christmas already??? Every year I ask for the same present...to see the Vikings implode. And today I got that present. Thank you Santa Claus
:viksux:

NO THANKYOU. I'd rather have Swain than that headcase. This 2010 Viking team has to be the most newsworthy 2-5 team...EVER. Let me say once again how enthusiastic I am that we sent the grey-haired sexter on his way as well. The Vikes deserve everything their getting right now. Please don't let it end baby Jesus.

Oh, and the Vikes lost a 3rd round pick for absolutely NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Wow. 4 games for a 3rd round pick. Vikings got bent over the table. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.
I can relate.
There's a whole big 'ol laundry list of problems known as the Minnesota Vikings and I am just loving, LOVING, LOVING IT!!!!!!!
I know I really shouldn't.
But I'm sooooooo glad the Pack isn't going through anything that comes close to that drama.
Childress seems over his head... like a captain of a runaway ship... a captain nobody trusts or respects

If the Vikings want to get better, they took a step in the right direction by releasing Moss. I would also suggest getting rid of Favre and Childress too.
If you want to see them succeed or get over their problems, your nicer than I am.

Favre should have stayed retired any of the previous times.

That organization is over for the next 5 years.

They deserve it.
5 years?
Ya really think so?
But yeah. They do deserve whatever happens.
They reaped what they sowed.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well! Hell if the Vikings want to be a joke* as a fan I have to go with what makes me laugh. :happy0005:

*Although I think Chilly did it for a very good reason and we may hear more about it in the next few days. Although Moss's statement after the game on Sunday would have been enough for me to cut him.
That's the spirit.
When your team is down, make the best of it however you can.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Ahem, is it just me, or are the Viking legend Randy Moss' actions in a twisted way kind of like...Brett...Favre's...towards.........the Packers?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahem, is it just me, or are the Viking legend Randy Moss' actions in a twisted way kind of like...Brett...Favre's...towards.........the Packers?

not as much b/c of the significance of that position compared to the QB...but I think he handled it like as @$$ (Randy Moss)...he obviously doesn't give a crap about his fans, his team, or his ego...at least favre cares about his............oh yea, EGO

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
not as much b/c of the significance of that position compared to the QB...but I think he handled it like as @$$ (Randy Moss)...he obviously doesn't give a crap about his fans, his team, or his ego...at least favre cares about his............oh yea, EGO

I think you could make the argument that, regardless of position, Randy Moss defined the Vikings in a similar way that Favre defined the Pack. Both would have been remembered for the historic seasons they had. My one good Vikes friend worshipped Moss.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

LMAO!!! Along with the WWFD (What Would Favre Do) brackets. It's kind of sad to see them reduced to nothing more than a joke. It's a waste of talent and a waste of a legacy.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO they are both acting like Prima Donas.
And that's where the comparisons end.

As much as I dislike Farve, he does have a good work ethic.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
It's time for heads to roll in Minnesota

The decision of the Vikings, one day short of four weeks after sending a third-round pick to New England for receiver Randy Moss, to cut Moss loose allows us to conclude beyond any shadow of a doubt that one or...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LMAO!!! Along with the WWFD (What Would Favre Do) brackets. It's kind of sad to see them reduced to nothing more than a joke. It's a waste of talent and a waste of a legacy.

Told ya that OBF communist would be all over me

some one else make em lol

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Some Vikings players on board with dumping Moss

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss, Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval.Though Randy's bizarre post-game press...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
After reading what he did on Friday (According to YahooSports: Boorish behavior also contributed to Moss' demise - NFL - Yahoo! Sports), I can see why the Vikings let him go.

I like this part in the story, "Childress has consistently preached that he wants ?good people who are good football players,?

Ahem, which is why Childress said this of Bryant Mckinnie after he was fined by the league for his involvement in the Love boat scandal (after Zygi said they would remove players from the roster who where found to be involved).

"when you have a good tackle like that, particularly a left tackle, you have to try to keep those guys around. They just don't grow on trees, and he's one of the better ones in this league." - Childress.

Uh huh, good people, who are football players. Whatever Col. Klink.

Staff online

Latest posts