Randy Moss?

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All signs point to a long era of mediocrity for the vikes. The locker room is in disarray, they have a lot of players heading for free agency who likely won't want to stay after all of this bs, they have no plan for the future at QB (Tavaris Jackson isn't going to want to stay after the the vikes treated him), Childress's contract got exented through 3013 (assuming he's not fired)

They may already be the laughingstock of the NFC North. Come on Detroit you can do it, take third!!!:happy0005:

:viksux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could this possibly get any better? I'll tell ya how. Somebody is going to claim Moss off the waiver wire, no doubt. We already know that Bert quit on the Pack because we didn't get Moss for him. Now Moss is gone from Bert's loving embrace yet again. Picture Bert overruling Childress (Bert's clearly running the show over there), but Moss has already been claimed... so the Vikings have to trade for him again. And you can bet the team that claims him would sense Minnesota's desperation and rob them blind on the deal. No, it's not likely... but just the idea of it is delicious.

Or more realistically, maybe Bert will quit and go home now. I've been predicting that since he came back.

He can't be traded again this season since the trade deadline expired a couple weeks ago. Only way he winds up back with the Vikes is if whatever team he winds up on next happens to cut him and they get him off waivers or negotiate a free agent deal with him.

This makes me wonder- What's Brett think? I mean, he retired after we failed to get him in 2008. Literally, the day after Moss worked out a deal with the Pats, Favre retired. You gotta believe he is none too happy about this.

Seriously, seeing all this disarray makes me absolutely grateful for the staff we have. From Ted Thompson all the way down to the janitorial staff, we have a great group of people running our team. No, we're not perfect, but we're also not a huge joke either.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm... Moss opposite Jennings... Moss on the last year of his contract... Moss playing for a new contract

I'm pretty 50/50 on this. I wouldn't be mad either way. I think he ends up in Seattle though.

hmmmm. Moss playing for a new contract. Like he was with the Vikings. Moss jogging his routes. Moss not making an effort to go after a pass. Moss acting like a fool at a press conference causing a team distraction. hmmmmm. HELL NO!

The best thing that could happen out of this, is if the Bears sign him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've been reading over there, this guys seems to have his head on tight:

Disclaimer: I think Brad Childress has coached his way out of a job.

But I don't see this as a huge mistake by the Vikings. They took a chance -- yes, it was desperation -- on Randy Moss being able to jump-start a moribund offense. They knew it had as much chance of failing as it did of succeeding.

It didn't work. And Moss clearly has become a divisive force in the locker room. Childress is an idiot, but I can't blame a guy for getting rid of a player who isn't contributing, isn't putting forth effort, and IS setting the team against its head coach. Childress isn't Belichick. We get that, Randy. But the team has no chance if you divide it.

Moss had to go. It sucks. We played the roulette table. It has worse odds than blackjack, craps, or baccarat. We lost.

Not all of them are disillusion. I guess they had to hit rock bottom to see the light.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is a 3rd round draft pick worth?

To the Vikings ... 24 days of Randy Moss
To the Seahawks ... 50 carries and 140 yards of rushing with Marshawn Lynch
To the Packers .... Jermichael Finley or Morgan Burnett for hopefully their careers

Or such studs as Aaron Rouse, Abdul Hodge, Donnell Washington or BJ Sander... Jason Spitz gets a pass for still being in the NFL

BTW, Seattle traded a 4th for Lynch

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This makes me wonder- What's Brett think? I mean, he retired after we failed to get him in 2008. Literally, the day after Moss worked out a deal with the Pats, Favre retired. You gotta believe he is none too happy about this.

Maybe Brett is reason why not official?

Had to "run it past Brett 1st" lol

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmmm. Moss playing for a new contract. Like he was with the Vikings. Moss jogging his routes. Moss not making an effort to go after a pass. Moss acting like a fool at a press conference causing a team distraction. hmmmmm. HELL NO!

The best thing that could happen out of this, is if the Bears sign him

That's the best idea I've heard yet!!! Bears would probably do it too for the same reason the Vikings signed him. An act of desperation to save a sinking ship. Trouble with that is I can actually see Moss doing some good for the Bears. It may backfire for the Vikes and likewise, us.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol

3013??? Now that's a LONG TERM contract! :happy0005:

Whoops wrong key, i obviously mean't 2013 (ok I got it right this time).:rotfl:
Damn, never before has a typing error made me laugh so hard, i don't think the vikes would have a single fan left if Chilly was their problem until 3013:viksux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That organization is over for the next 5 years.

They deserve it.

The woes continue. I read on the Viking board (they didn't list a source so I can't verify accuracy) that AP's ankle is worse than he thought, he pretty much played the rest of that game on pure adrenaline after he came back. Now they are saying he might not be back.

It'll take them a while to rebuild. Those up for free agency are gonna be out of there like a bat out of hell. I wonder how many with current contracts are gonna try to wiggle out of them. It's like a sinking ship and everyone is trying to get off before they drown.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The woes continue. I read on the Viking board (they didn't list a source so I can't verify accuracy) that AP's ankle is worse than he thought, he pretty much played the rest of that game on pure adrenaline after he came back. Now they are saying he might not be back.

It'll take them a while to rebuild. Those up for free agency are gonna be out of there like a bat out of hell. I wonder how many with current contracts are gonna try to wiggle out of them. It's like a sinking ship and everyone is trying to get off before they drown.

As in Adrian Peterson?

Didnt know he had an ankle issue at all

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it was Percy Harvin, not Adrian. Now AP's the only healthy impact player they have...

The best part about all of this is that the Vike's will have to deal with finding a new coach, changing schemes, getting a new quarterback, and all of the players wanting to get out of there ASAP! :viksux:

Edit: Oops! Looks like Kitten beat me to it!

waffles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know if this has been brought up, but I am not going to dig through 9 pages of text trying to find it.. I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often. Maybe its just my baseball intuition kicking in, but if I guy is going to half *** his way through a game then maybe he doesn't deserve to get paid. There are so many NFL wideouts with this diva complex and its time the teams that put up with this type of play either bench them or kick them to the curb.

But whatever, I guess I take the packers receiving core (and their attitudes) for granted! :D

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Reports: Brad Childress acted alone on Moss; has "lost the locker room"

It's not a new phenomenon to hear in league circles that Vikings players aren't exactly enamored with their head coach, Brad Childress. The events of Monday, when he told his team that he was going to release Randy Moss, may...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thought on Moss ...

Moss is an UFA next offseason. Even if the Vikings weren't interested and let him walk, they would have received a compensatory pick in the 2012 draft for him - with the round determined largely by the amount paid by the team that signs him for next season.

By waiving him, not only do the Vikings lose the 3rd round pick they gave to get him and potentially another $3.3 million if he clears waivers, but they will get nothing in return for him.

If someone signs him off the waiver wire, I believe they would get the compensatory pick for him.

Maybe that's why Moss is not yet officially on the waiver wire.

Childress must really be feeling the heat right now.

It would be hard to determine if Minnesota would even get a compensatory pick for Moss.

Minnesta would have to lose Moss without signing other comparable free-agents. A compensatory pick is only awarded if player(s) lost is greater than player(s) gained. The formula for a compensatory pick is decided through playing time, production and salary. Production has thus far been low, not to mention he would have only played half a season with the Vikings.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hard to determine if Minnesota would even get a compensatory pick for Moss.

Minnesta would have to lose Moss without signing other comparable free-agents. A compensatory pick is only awarded if player(s) lost is greater than player(s) gained. The formula for a compensatory pick is decided through playing time, production and salary. Production has thus far been low, not to mention he would have only played half a season with the Vikings.

That's what sucks the most for them and they are out a 3rd round draft pick, all of that wasted.

The ones who are probably laughing their butts off right now are the Patriots. They got rid of a thorn in their side and gained a 3rd round pick. Vikings get the short end of the stick, meanwhile the Patriots are laughing all the way to the bank.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Vikings announce Moss is out

After a bizarre late-afternoon flurry of rumors and reports created the impression that coach Brad Childress went rogue when deciding to cut receiver Randy Moss, it's now clear that, indeed, Moss is out. "This decision was made based on what...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Once again notice the difference between Mike McCarthy and Chilly. McCarthy recently said the problems on offense are his fault. Chilly has blamed the refs, his QB and now Moss. McCarthy and TT have taken a lot of heat the past few years. I think we ought to give them credit when credit is due. In this case, McCarthy has manned up and Chilly uses lies and blame-shifting to try to save his own butt.

Members online

Latest posts