1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Randy Moss?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by longtimefan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +46
    Report: Vikings waive Randy Moss

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    with driver being hobbled and finnley out for the season...i would love for the Packers to get hime for the rest of this season only......

how funny would that be if TT picks up Moss without Favre, just to stick it 2 him.....

with or without him........GO PACK

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

3. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Is it Christmas already??? Every year I ask for the same present...to see the Vikings implode. And today I got that present. Thank you Santa Claus
    :viksux:

• Like Like x 2
  4. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    we shouldnt even think about adding that wash-up to the team. he deserves the vikings, they both suck.

5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Watch Moss's press conference from last night and you will see why people don't want him... He completely disrespected the Vikings and clearly gave up on an obvious play last night which he had the catch easily... He's a cancer. Don't want him.

............................... and it's hilarious.

6. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    What a joke.

Minnesota, and Chilly, officially become the laughing stock of the NFL! :jester:

7. Rodger's Title Belt

Rodger's Title Belt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NO THANKYOU. I'd rather have Swain than that headcase. This 2010 Viking team has to be the most newsworthy 2-5 team...EVER. Let me say once again how enthusiastic I am that we sent the grey-haired sexter on his way as well. The Vikes deserve everything their getting right now. Please don't let it end baby Jesus.

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Do we want him? **** NO!, with a capital F! Certainly not for the balance of his contract, which any team claiming him will have to pick up.

Dude half-assed it in NE, then half-assed it again in Minnesota. What makes anyone think he wouldn't do the same thing here? Jim Mora just said it best: "He's always had 'Questionable Effort.'

The ONLY way I would take him is if A) It were only for the remainder of the season and B) he cleared waivers so we could negotiate a bit. That would force Minnesota to eat the rest of his contract, allow him to double dip for the balance of the season and would let us get him cheap. but I'd worry about locker room cohesion.. That guy can blow up a locker room like no other.

BTW, waivers work by letting all the teams who want a guy that's been released put in a claim for him with him going to the team with the worst record.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    I merged 4 effing topics to one

BE smart news this big is going to be posted fellas

Now

Who ever takes him on is for FREE

Minny is on the hook for his salary this year

10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Only if no one claims him off waivers. If someone claims him, they also claim his salary from the Vikings.

From Adam Schefter:
    http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/29399599638

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Randy probably will sit out the rest of the year than go to the Bills. Child please.

Glad we never signed this nutcase.

12. theheadcheese.com

theheadcheese.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    What a Roll...

First, the Pack shuts out the Jets. Then Brett gets carted off, the Vikings lose and cut Randy Moss. We haven't seen a roll like this since Gilbert Brown squeezed into his #93 jersey.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Oh, and the Vikes lost a 3rd round pick for absolutely NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Wow. 4 games for a 3rd round pick. Vikings got bent over the table. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    If he sits out, he risks being low balled next season. If he wants that big contract, it's probably better for him to go somewhere and step up.

Already hearing rumors of several teams that are interested. Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Oakland, KC, the Jets, and yes, even the Patriots if he clears waivers.

15. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I'm copying Chris but yea, the team who picks him up owe him whatever is left on his contract which is like a little over 3 million I believe.

16. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yup. This is why you don't make knee jerk reactions when it comes to trades and free agents. Just because a guy was good on someone else's team doesn't mean he will be good on your team.

17. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Those of you who think Moss would be good in Green Bay are drinking to much "Squaw Piss". Rosenthal writes;

"Moss' declining skills seems to be getting short shrift in most analysis we've seen. The Patriots would not have traded him and the Vikings would not have cut Moss if he was close to the same guy he was three years ago, much less eight.

In half a season, Moss has 22 catches, 313 yards, and two touchdowns. Throws to him aren't efficient. He doesn't destroy double teams any more. He doesn't always give great effort, especially on throws inside the numbers. Moss has real value, but his skill set is increasingly limited.

He's a role player that requires the maintenance of a mercurial superstar."

In my opinion we have a guy who is twice the long receiver of Moss, already. His name is Greg Jennings. We need guys that can run the quick slants to take some of the heat off of DD until he heals up. That's all we need as far as receivers.

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Sportsradio 1250 out of Milwaukee said team that picks up Randy didnt have to pay a dime for him

So looked it up and it is about 3.4 Million

19. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I largely agree with everything you posted, but I think he could be a benefit only in that he would open some lanes for Greg Jennings similar to what he did for Percy Harvin.

Beyond that, I don't consider him an upgrade. He still has talent, but he displays "selective effort" and can kill a locker room, though at this point I would expect him to be on his best behavior for the balance of the season.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,042
    He could easily end up in Dallas or Chicago. At this point in his career I wouldnt want randy. It would be hilarious if he passes the waivers and ends up back in NE for free.

21. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    I wonder how many Viqueen fans are wishing for the days where all they had to worry about was the "love boat"
    :viksux:

22. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    It makes no sense for Dallas to pick him up. They are 1-6 and lost Romo for the season.

23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    A GOOD team with a good shot of making playoffs will take him

A bad team unless they are just stupid wont pick him up, cuz he is a free agent next year

24. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I am in no way arguing that we pick him up, but his huge upside is that no matter how much talent he has or doesn't have, he consistently draws double coverage.

25. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Moss as a Packer? HELLS NO

A) He'd never fall that far
    B) He's a nutjob
    C) He played like crap for the Vikes.
    D) We don't need the media circus. Team is focused and winning again. Keep the players focused on winning.