Randy Moss In New England

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw it on nfl network ... randy moss in new england passing his physical now ... and if he passes his a patriot ... for a 4th rounder

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears lol ... harrell is an amazing pick ... so i wouldnt talk comparing to greg olsen i would pick harrell any day

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it cant happen but i just hope ... olsen doesnt even try to block harrell anywhere on the field loool it'd be funny...

Btw lol its funny how brett was 100% sure moss would be a packer

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to take this time to thank Ted Thompson for KILLING the green bay packers. How do you not ****ing trade for this guy?

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its just moss guys calm down ... i wanted him too but its not the end of the world ... i just hope the patriots dont make it to the playoffs :)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss in New England

Let me say this about Moss. Although I think he was at one time a great receiver, he was not a good person. He's trouble. He's been trouble everyplace he has been. I'm not totaly disappointed that he may not be a Packer. What does bother me, and it bothers me a lot is what appears to Ted's lack of urgency in bringing some offensive weapons to GB for Brett Favre. If Moss had anything left in his tank he would have been another good weapon for Brett Favre. But to me it's not just the Moss trade, it's the lack of participation in free agency and then of course, his questionable first day drafting. This may all turn out in the long run, but it doesn't look that way right now.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
disappointing, but not the end of the world. With all these WRs taken (17 in day 1 - ave is 12), I think we will see some solid vets cut for cap reasons. We don't really need a $9 mil WR, we need a solid 3rd.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th round pick? I know TT likes to hold on to his picks but is he really going to find someone better than Moss in the 4th round. This guy is a joke.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
disappointing, but not the end of the world. With all these WRs taken (17 in day 1 - ave is 12), I think we will see some solid vets cut for cap reasons. We don't really need a $9 mil WR, we need a solid 3rd.

I agree

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it cant happen but i just hope ... olsen doesnt even try to block harrell anywhere on the field loool it'd be funny...

Btw lol its funny how brett was 100% sure moss would be a packer

You must really like swingin on TT. I don't think the Bears drafted Olsen for his blocking, which he'll improve anyway.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th round pick? I know TT likes to hold on to his picks but is he really going to find someone better than Moss in the 4th round. This guy is a joke.
I think this was more about Moss being willing to renegociate with NE, but not as much with GB. It would have been tough to bring him in at 8-9 million off the cap. I don't think the pick was the issue.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss in New England

Well I have to say I am alittle ticked as well. Why in the world couldnt TT get Moss, another weapon for Brett...I just dont get it...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Randy Moss wanted to go the Patriots, he wants one last shot of getting to the SuperBowl and I dont think he felt Green Bay was heading there anytime to soon...but if I was TT I would have made the deal sweeter then the Patriots to get him on our team...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Moss in New England

Someone should go and stand outside the office of TT in Green Bay and ask him what in the world hes doing...

:rotflmao:

this really is some funny stuff.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Randy Moss wanted to go the Patriots, he wants one last shot of getting to the SuperBowl and I dont think he felt Green Bay was heading there anytime to soon...but if I was TT I would have made the deal sweeter then the Patriots to get him on our team...
According to what I just read, Moss wasn't going to renegociate for anyone but NE. That's probably why he ended up going there.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume Moss wanted to play for the Patriots much more than he did the Packers. I would think that Moss would rather play with a still young Tom Brady and a bonafied SuperBowl contender, than what appears to be a rebuilding team with Favre in what could very well be his last year.

I don't think there was much Thompson could have done to get Moss short of mortgaging the future. But on the other hand Thompson knew this and should have done something, anything , to add atleast 1 weapon to the offense through FA.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

You can't have it both ways. You can't sweaten a deal enough for a guy who doesnt want to be here, if that indeed was the case.

I said yesterday I had a feeling Moss wasn't going to be a Packer. Damn.
I also said Raiders wouldn't trade him to another AFC team. Damn.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I am very disappointed that we didn't get Randy Moss. However, if he wasn't willing to restructure his contract, like I thought he was, then it was the right move by Ted.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume Moss wanted to play for the Patriots much more than he did the Packers. I would think that Moss would rather play with a still young Tom Brady and a bonafied SuperBowl contender, than what appears to be a rebuilding team with Favre in what could very well be his last year.

I don't think there was much Thompson could have done to get Moss short of mortgaging the future. But on the other hand Thompson knew this and should have done something, anything , to add atleast 1 weapon to the offense through FA.

That is also my point of view. He has held on to an awful lot of money on the salary cap and has had some opportunities to improve our offense. I don't regret not signing Green. I do regret that we haven't made any moves to replace him. Brandon Jackson smells to me like a guy who might be Vernon Morency. In other words, another quality back up. We know Robinson will be back but he won't be back at the start of the season. Although I am not a fan of Moss, if he has anything left, he would have been another quality weapon that may have put our team in a more competitive state.

Members online

Latest posts