Random Thoughts Heading into Cowboys Week + A Fearless Prediction

theheadcheese.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers' next two opponents, the Cowboys and Vikings are a combined 3-11. Is this a great NFL season or what? First up, the Cowboys, whose dreams of playing at home in the Super Bowl went up in smoke as the losses piled up and their QB went down. The Packers face the John Kitna-led Cowboys on Sunday night favored by 8 1/2 points, the biggest spread in the series in more than 20 years.

Kitna was 0-5 against Green Bay as the Lions QB. His one win against the Pack came with Seattle in the "Holmgren" game. He's 46-70 as a starter and at 38, doesn't move too well. He's the definition of mediocrity and has a below average line in front of him.

Have you noticed? Brandon Jackson is averaging 5.6 yards per carry in his last four games...Donald Driver will miss Sunday's game. He's missed two games in the last seven years. Feels like James Jones will step up in this one, in what has been a roller coaster ride this season. The big drop against the Jets and the fumble against the Bears have offset the big night against the Vikings. Need him Sunday.

This should be the game the Packers offense finally clicks. The Cowboys defense is allowing opposing QBs to throw effectively and efficiently--with a passer rating of 105.4. On the Cowboys side, RB Felix Jones is banged up and may not play. Rookie Dez Bryant is an emerging star both as a receiver and punt returner. You wonder if Ted considered him at #23 when he pounced on Bulaga. Jerry Jones traded up to snatch the mercurial WR with the next pick.

Fearless prediction: the Packers will face the Vikings with Leslie Frazier as their new head coach. I see the Purple beating Arizona this week and then losing in Chicago, prompting Chilly's dismissal. Zygi won't want to take the chance of the boos raining down on his coach and team, with a Dome full of Cheeseheads gleefully joining in.

Follow the Pack 24/7 at The Head Cheese: The Place for Packer Fans : Head Cheese
Follow theheadcheese on Twitter@TCHeadCheese

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeap, not expecting to lose this one..............
Lol! That would be hilarious if Childress is fired before season is up:viksux:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your on the Vikings flagship station? Now that is AWESOME. Will be listening. I could not find a place to register on The Head Cheese.....I want to enter your D-Player of the week contests. My fearless prediction: one of the Viking cheerleaders will be head
coach.....what the heck, have some fun when your season sucks.:viksux: (They really do)

I like Green Bay's Station's Letters WNFL.

OP
OP
T

theheadcheese.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Green Gold Angel, you can vote on my site for the Defensive Player of the Game after each game. I pick a winner every Thursday. Yes, it's fun being the voice of reason in this purple haze up here. I drive Vikings fans nuts. -DS

dallas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey head cheese.
Couple of Dallas fans coming up this weekend for the BIG (ahem) game and wanted to know if anybody has extra space on their grill for tailgating. Heard great things about the pregame at Lambeau, and saw some packer fans on the travel channel with Guy Fieri in a tailgate cookoff. Planning on getting to game early to soak up the atmosphere and a couple of brats. If anyone would welcome a couple of Texans to the pregame I would apppreciate it. You can email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Dallas

Members online

Latest posts