1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Random Rumors About Our Running Backs Situation...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I thought this thread could be fun.

If you find any rumor at all, no matter how ridiculously stupid, linking any running back to Green Bay, post it in here so we can see.

I just found this, and it's absolutely ridiculous:
    On The Sidelines (Packers Rumors)

2. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    DWill x2 via twitter for some draft picks

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +103
    I hear that the front office is working on a deal for a new RT, RG, LT, C, LG and RB...His name, ... CHUCK NORRIS :)

5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    "The other NFL rumor gaining steam is the Packers targeting Steve Slaton of the Houston Texans. Since Arian Foster is the leading man for the Texans, Slaton has been relegated to third-down duty. He has just 12 attempts for 57 yards this season but behind the burly line of Green Bay, the former third-round pick in 2008 could offer that breakaway bang the Packers need so badly."

NFL Rumors

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Slaton would be sort of cool to have. If he could hold onto the damn ball.

And he'd pair well with Grant next year.

7. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I don't know what's more of a rumor here, the targeting Slaton or the burly GB line?

8. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Reports out of Louisville, KY say that the Green Bay Packers are in negotiations with Hall Of Fame halfback Paul Hornung. Hornung,75 was the centerpiece of the offense of the Packers during the early 1960's and is still a fan favorite. " I have watched the first few games" said Hornung, "I think I can still go for 12 yards in 7 carries...heck, I walked that much to the john and back during the game...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I think we should lure Emmitt Smith out of retirement. Offer him anything he wants.

10. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    LOL at the Paul Hornung post... Got a good chuckle out of that.

And as for that Joe Arrigo... he comes up with some crazy ****. I don't believe a word that I read that he wrote.

One thing to think about that I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet... What if Grant's not the same back when he returns? From what I understand this injury isn't a light one, and RB's are a finicky people with a SHORT lifespan... Levens was never the same after he returned from this injury...

11. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Love this thread its amazing :D

12. BigDaddyKaine

BigDaddyKaine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OMFG, I now know who his "Sources" are, they are random posters on the internet.

One of my boys jokingly wrote about Packers and DeAngelo Williams, Arrigo saw it and ran with it. What a douche.

13. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retire

14. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Hell yeah!!! I propose we trade Rogers, Finley, Matthews, and a 2nd round pick for him!!! Contracts? To hell with em! This is OJ baby!!!! I'm gonna go phone T.T. with the specs!

15. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    What the hell? No mention of the rumor that I'm going to be named the Packers starting running back starting in week 5?

16. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +615
    You realize his hand is the only hand that can beat a royal flush.

17. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    What about Nelly?

18. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    Diction and grammar classes? :Talkative:

19. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    And all the Just For Men he could ever need to darken his beard with...

20. BigDaddyKaine

BigDaddyKaine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's so fast, he makes fast people look not fast.

21. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I recently heard... and don't quote me on this... that we were gonna sign Joshua R Huffman in week 5.

22. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    It's Official.... From ESPN:

GREEN BAY - Has TT went E.T.? With Ryan Grant lost for the season and Brandon Jackson averaging 1 yard per carry, the Green Bay Packers are looking at an unlikely place to improve their running game: Outer Space.

Joshua R Huffman has agreed to a 1 year contract with the Packers. He will become the starting halfback in week 5 after passing a league mandated physical upon his earth arrival.

Huffman, 65, has become an intergalactic phenomenon for the Pluto Judos after averaging 7,000 yards per season since debuting in 1967. His 22 yards per carry average should be a significant addition to the Packers offense and boost their hopes for a potential Super Bowl run.

What may be more important about Huffman's signing than his statistical contribution is his salary: Judos are known to play for the league minimum and express great loyalty to their owners. This is evident in his 43 seasons with the Judos without having played for another organization. As the Planetary Football League is on strike, however, Huffman has looked at other planets for potential work.

"I think this is a great opportunity for me and all life from Outer Space" Huffman stated in an interview with John Clayton. "I've always been told that it's harder to run the ball on a planet with gravity because defenders can tackle you easier. I'm looking forward to proving that myth wrong. My people also view Bears as the symbol of Satan, so I'm looking forward to playing them the most."

On the day Neil Armstrong supposedly landed on the moon, the Judos were playing the Moon Goons. Despite spending the entire day on the planet, Huffman claims no Earthlings were ever present on the moon.

23. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    LMAO, this thread is hilarious! Can you imagine some poor Packer fan stumbling upon this thread in the dead of night? Being half awake and not really reading and understanding the title, they would probably have a massive coronary!