Randle El to REDSKINS

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
little randle el, from dolton illinois(my hometown) has reportedly signed with the redskins.

details of the contract are not confirmed yet.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the salary cap not apply to the Redskins?
A week a go they were in serious trouble capwise. OK the salary cap went up, but the skins are signing big name players to huge contracts like,say, they are about 30 million dollars under the cap..

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not likin' this one bit. Don't understand why we never made a play for Randle El who would have been a solid receiver and kick returner. The Skins have a stable full of receivers for Brunell to throw to and we got one guy, DD. Plus, the Yikes went out and offered a 3-time probowler guard huge $$ and signed our very own star kicker.

WTF is going on?

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been nice to see Randel El in GB. Im just glad to see that the Bears didnt sign him, they really wanted him on their roster.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would have been very nice in a Bears uniform, but the Redskins were willing to pay a LOT more. I don't blame the Bears for not taking the bait.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins ALWAYS seem to be signing these high end FA's. Yet, they can't make it to the "big game".......i wonder what their problem is?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
I'm not likin' this one bit. Don't understand why we never made a play for Randle El who would have been a solid receiver and kick returner. The Skins have a stable full of receivers for Brunell to throw to and we got one guy, DD. Plus, the Yikes went out and offered a 3-time probowler guard huge $$ and signed our very own star kicker.

WTF is going on?

yay, more useless noninformed panic!

Randle El was going to get overpaid, and thats fine..we still coulda made a play on him..BUT...the new coaching staff likes BIG wr's. Randle El isnt BIG. Hes small and speedy, not what we're looking for. He is damn good, but not what we're looking for. BUt lets freak out some more, it makes sense.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT-romadz said..

"He is damn good, but not what we're looking for..."

Of course...why would TT want to sign someone who is "damned good"....

I mean...let's be reasonable....

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT-romadz said..

LOL

You have got to be kidding me!

Randle El came into the league at the same time as Javon Walker -- both have 4 years of NFL service.

Randle El was one of the top available players and was expected to be courted by several teams, but the Redskins' offer of $31. million/ at least $11.5 million in guaranteed money had him signed before the weekend was done -- Randle El wasn't the Steelers' top receiver, he caught 35 passes for 558 yards for 1 TD last season.

Many want to make this bogus claim about Walker having only one good season -- so let's compare.

2002 Rookie years:

Randle El -- 47 catches -- 489 yards -- 10.8 per catch ave -- 2 TD

J. Walker -- 23 catches -- 319 yards -- 13.9 per catch ave. -- 1 TD

2003 2nd Years

Randle El -- 37 catches -- 363 yards -- 9.8 per catch ave. -- 1 TD

J. Walker -- 41 catches -- 716 yards -- 17.6 per catch ave. -- 9 TD

2004 3rd Years

Randle El -- 43 catches -- 601 yards -- 14.0 per catch ave. -- 3 TD

J. Walker -- 89 catches -- 1382 yards -- 15.6 per catch ave. - 12 TD

2005 4th years

Randle El -- 35 catches -- 558 yards -- 15.9 per catch ave. - 1 TD

J. Walker --- 4 catches --- 28 yards --- 7.0 per catch ave --- 0 TD

Career totals:

Randle El -- 64 Games -- 162 catches -- 2012 yards -- 12.4 per catch ave. -- 7 TD

J. Walker -- 48 Games -- 157 catches -- 2444 yards -- 15.6 per catch ave. - 22 TD

So despite playing in 16 fewer games Javon has essentially the same amount of catches, with 432 more yards (22% more), a higher per catch ave (more than 3 yards per catch) and more than 3 times as many TDs (312% more).

Walker also has more first down catches 106 to 95; more catches for 40+ yards 11 to 3; more catches for 20+ yards 37 to 31.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say he was better than Walker..Bruce...

I just said that he was good...(Hines Ward is better..)

But he would be an excellent complement to Walker or Driver...maybe not for that kind of $$$ though..

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz thank you so much its seems like you and me are the only ones who understand taht free agency is not just 1 week long. And does anyone besides tromadz know that it costs lots of money to sign these guys. alot of you are like we should sign hutchinson and vinateri and this guy and that guy. it doesnt work taht way this is the NFL we are not the yankees

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT-romadz said..

THATS why I am pro-choice.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce. My brain is definitely addled about this. Trouble is, JWalk says he does not want to play for GB. But, if both he and Randle El are elite receivers, and if you cant's sign JWalk, why not see what it would take to get Randle El? Ya, if price is too high, take a pass. But to not talk to him at all ... hmm?

You and I agree that TT works in mysterious ways. Not talkn to Randle El is very mysterious to me.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted him in Chicago as well but Washington paid way to much for him. I don't blame him for taking the money and I don't blame the other teams for not matching it.

Staff online

Latest posts