Randall blasts Packers FO for trading him for Kizer.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While not "great," 73 is actually a decent PFF grade. For example, PFF scored Alexander at 72. Randall might have to do better to offset his head case liabilities to get that next contract in Cleveland. If he does, then he might.

Alexander was a rookie so I would expect some growing pains. The top 10 safeties were all in the 90s so Randall seems pretty average

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poetic justice would be getting to the SB and facing CLE, then having Rodgers shred him for the win.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't think he was happy here. The trade was mutually beneficial. Far from cancer, but not really a asset in locker room either. Plus his attitude was more annoying than productive.

Hope he has a good career, but he really should let things go and stop mouthing off.

I like this post - particlarly the 1st sentence. Never really looked at from that perspective before but with the benefit of hindsight, I can see very easily how that could be the case.

Usually, the loudest talker isn't the most self-confident person in the room so they talk louder and more often. At some point, he'll approach the world as men do.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
What a headcase.

I am surprised we got anything for him in return. His value is nothing but old gum and pocket lint.

With him just walking out on rest of the guys against the bears he sank his rep in the locker room.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What a headcase.

I am surprised we got anything for him in return. His value is nothing but old gum and pocket lint.

With him just walking out on rest of the guys against the bears he sank his rep in the locker room.

And once other teams know you're set on trading a guy, your leverage dries up and thus your return isn't going to be very strong. The Texans just experienced this with Clowney-- they were a motivated seller, and thus they didn't get as much bad as they would have if the buyer had been the more motivated party.

In looking at the departure, one has to consider the intangible benefit of a more cohesive locker room.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points. That was the true value of the trade. We eliminated a ********* head case freelancer that his teammates could not rely on. Pretty cool that it was the veteran players that wanted him bounced off the team.

Look at the group we have now. Pretty solid. They all look like they get it, and are responsible and well studied playing within the scheme. Plus, they all seem to have a lot of fun together.

Can't wait to see our #1 D in action tomorrow for the pick party.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to agree with him. Imagine King, Randall, Savage, Amos and Alexander starting in this secondary. I remember one incident where he was sent to the locker room, yes, but he seemed to be a hard working good football player overall.

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-believe-packers-traded-him-for-deshone-kizer

(Unsure if links are allowed, will remove if this is not the case)
dr. hayward and mr. hyde were bigger mistakes than randall could ever be. he forced himself out. they were misjudged.

oh...and i'm still trying to image king back there. lol

Last edited:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are probably right, all though we still could have seen a safety taking early. Who knows, Savage could have dropped to our original first rounder, or we could have ended up with a guy like Tornhill or Gardner-Johnson. Still sounds like an amazing secondary to me.

I really can't recall what it was what made MM send him to the locker room earlier in that one game, but apart from that one incident, there were never really character concerns were there?

His own teammates hated him, and asked that the team get rid of him. I think John Dorsey has a roster full of these head cases and expect they'll implode early.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly the case. Randall wasnt good at cb and he was a safety originally. Packers tried to fit a arrogant square peg in a round hole. His view of his talent has always been beyond his actual production. His still gave up quite a few catches last year and didnt grade out as a great safety - 73 at PFF. He gets interceptions but also gets beat a lot.

His first 2 years in college, he played cornerback. As a safety at ASU, he played against the other teams best receiver, not as a true safety.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to agree with him. Imagine King, Randall, Savage, Amos and Alexander starting in this secondary. I remember one incident where he was sent to the locker room, yes, but he seemed to be a hard working good football player overall.

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-believe-packers-traded-him-for-deshone-kizer

(Unsure if links are allowed, will remove if this is not the case)

They're allowed but Bleacherreport is a fake news website. That's where Tyler Dunne's fat *** works writing baseless click bait diatribes on Rodgers.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was our small-town version of Antonio Brown, and I have no problem watching guys like that run their mouths in other cities. Yeah, we traded you for Kizer and after cutting Kizer, it still was a good move.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was our small-town version of Antonio Brown, and I have no problem watching guys like that run their mouths in other cities. Yeah, we traded you for Kizer and after cutting Kizer, it still was a good move.
Yeah it’s really too bad the Packers aren’t currently the team trying to find a way to void that mega deal the Raiders gave Brown. (that was sarcasm btw). Some of us see these guys and understand that it is better to stay away. Others, see shiny beads and start drooling.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conceding for the sake of argument that it was a brilliant move to let him go for basically nothing in return...

... it cannot also be argued that this was a (nother) great first round pick by our HOF GM.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Touche. I'm sure that your comment was meant for others, but I never minded the Randall pick. As others said, the talent was obviously there but the mind/mouth/attitude are even harder to evaluate because there is rarely any tape on it.

H

HardRightEdge

Comparing Randall to Antonio Brown, in degree and importance, goes to show "head cases" fall on a spectrum.

Last edited by a moderator:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparing Randall to Antonio Brown, in degree and importance, goes to show "head cases" falls on a spectrum.
While this is obviously accurate, I will say that Brown didn’t start out as crazy as he now appears to have become.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you have to say this for players like Brown and TO, they tend to hold crazy back until they become too important to bench/trade. Some players like Randall couldn't keep it bottled up long enough.

Yes, I agree that there is a spectrum and we're all on it somewhere!

H

HardRightEdge

While this is obviously accurate, I will say that Brown didn’t start out as crazy as he now appears to have become.
Neither did Randall. Nut job-ishness is a latent tendency. It just takes the right circumstances to bring it out. In Brown's case, it was Smith-Schuster stealing some of his thunder.

Members online

Latest posts