Randall benched.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Burnett is an intriguing hybrid linebacker/safety good rushing offenses would take advantage of the Packers taking a linebacker off the field.

I hear what you're saying...but Morgan Burnett is more than capable of being able to help in run support. He's been our leading tackler 2 or 3 times since he's been here so I don't see much drop off with taking Joe Thomas off the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hear what you're saying...but Morgan Burnett is more than capable of being able to help in run support. He's been our leading tackler 2 or 3 times since he's been here so I don't see much drop off with taking Joe Thomas off the field.

The Packers mostly use Ryan and Martinez on running downs. There´s for sure a drop-off with Burnett replacing one of them in those situations.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was just terrible in all aspects. Especially trying to tackle a big receiver one on one after a throw at or behind the line of scrimmage. And still he was playing at least 10 yards off. I love HaHa. He is very good at tackling and when he gets around the line of scrimmage he has good instincts.
Agreed! Randall is flat out afraid of getting beat. Dix however has an attitude of "you come come my way, I'm gonna break me off a piece". I like it!

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers mostly use Ryan and Martinez on running downs. There´s for sure a drop-off with Burnett replacing one of them in those situations.

This is a passing down formation. Which is why I used the name Thomas instead of one of those two. Thomas usually comes in on passing downs...but instead of using him let Burnett play sort of a Rover and bring in Brice to replace Burnett. :tup: Get it now?

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thompson only drafted him because he knew he wasn't going to be paying casey hayward. I still have hope for the kid but he has not looked good this season.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Randall and think he has star potential, but I still have a lingering feeling that he has an attitude/work ethic problem.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed! Randall is flat out afraid of getting beat. Dix however has an attitude of "you come come my way, I'm gonna break me off a piece". I like it!

You'd be afraid to if you were nursing a groin injury and forced to cover a teams number 1 wide out. Yes, he hasn't been great.

Randall has 4.46 speed... He's actually has long speed, what I have noticed him lacking is quickness on breaks and getting fooled to often on double moves.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thompson only drafted him because he knew he wasn't going to be paying casey hayward. I still have hope for the kid but he has not looked good this season.

You know what is funny, everyone hated on Hayward all of last year... Yelling to get rid of him. Now he is easily recognized as a top 10 cover corner in the league. Should have paid him the money and we wouldn't be in the position we are.

Horrible call on that one.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what is funny, everyone hated on Hayward all of last year... Yelling to get rid of him. Now he is easily recognized as a top 10 cover corner in the league. Should have paid him the money and we wouldn't be in the position we are.

Horrible call on that one.

Exactly what I was going to say!! He was our best man to man corner and I'll stand by those statements. He wasn't afraid to tackle either. He wasn't a burner like Shields but at least he could break on the ball and get out his breaks!

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. But did he get benched because he was injured? When questioned, if he left the game because of an injury, he responded with "ask the coaches". So he was benched because is was visiting the burn center too many times.

Yes, but have you ever run with a strained muscle that isn't at 100% against the best athletes in the world?

His play was bad, that is not what I am trying to say. But people too often want to get rid of people. Al Harris, Woodson, even Sherman and Revis had bad games when they were on considered the best corners in the league.

I don't know that I see randall as a superstar in this league. But I could see him easily filling a #2 CB role, and the Packers are better with him on the field then off. Even if he had a bench worthy game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not given up on Randall. Last year he showed an ability to run with the receiver and then turn around and look for the ball. I would feel better about him if he has been nursing a hamstring injury. OTOH he should not be playing if that is the case. How can the injury get better?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. But did he get benched because he was injured? When questioned, if he left the game because of an injury, he responded with "ask the coaches". So he was benched because is was visiting the burn center too many times.

Yep. Nothing about an injury being the reason he was benched. Like I said before..If you're drafted in the first round you shouldn't be getting benched because of performance. the touchdown pass he gave up t Jeffrey sent me over the top!!. The Bears are on our 6-8 yard line and instead of being in the face of the wr this dude is giving up a 5 yd cushion and allows an easy slant for a touchdown. That was just dumb all around on his part. I know it wasn't a called coverage either because he was immediately benched the next series.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People giving up on Randall and Rollins but praising hayward need to remember how eerily similar his career started to theirs. Promising rookie year followed by by poor second year

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yes, but have you ever run with a strained muscle that isn't at 100% against the best athletes in the world?

His play was bad, that is not what I am trying to say. But people too often want to get rid of people. Al Harris, Woodson, even Sherman and Revis had bad games when they were on considered the best corners in the league.

I don't know that I see randall as a superstar in this league. But I could see him easily filling a #2 CB role, and the Packers are better with him on the field then off. Even if he had a bench worthy game.

He looked fine the week before making up about 15 yds on that first pick he had and returning it for solid yards tho. But now all of a sudden he has a bad game and it s because of an injury?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. Nothing about an injury being the reason he was benched. Like I said before..If you're drafted in the first round you shouldn't be getting benched because of performance. the touchdown pass he gave up t Jeffrey sent me over the top!!. The Bears are on our 6-8 yard line and instead of being in the face of the wr this dude is giving up a 5 yd cushion and allows an easy slant for a touchdown. That was just dumb all around on his part. I know it wasn't a called coverage either because he was immediately benched the next series.

It's been said before and it is true... Pick 30 of the first round is not anything like pick 5. Yes he was a first round pick but rarely do the picks 15-32 have the same impact as picks 1-15.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People giving up on Randall and Rollins but praising hayward need to remember how eerily similar his career started to theirs. Promising rookie year followed by by poor second year

Fair enough....but Hayward also played 90% of the time in the slot...which is much harder than being on the outside.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young 2nd year CBs are going to have a bad game or two. The fact he doesn't have a #1 to take the opposing #1, is a hard hill to climb... To chop him off at the knees now, is a mistake. Him and Rollins both have the talent to be good in this league. Im sure of that.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He looked fine the week before making up about 15 yds on that first pick he had and returning it for solid yards tho. But now all of a sudden he has a bad game and it s because of an injury?

He hasn't played good since week 1, I just seen something last week that he was in the bottom 5 corners before last week. lol

He didn't play great vs Seahawks either... I was at that game and a good throw was a touchdown on that play. Randall was literally covering no one until he made the break on a ball that hung too long. I chalk that up to luck, weather, and Wilson having a career bad day.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im telling you, it was the cold!!! That Florida boy never felt cold like that before. I bet he thought his skin was going to break! LOL

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough....but Hayward also played 90% of the time in the slot...which is much harder than being on the outside.

What? How do you back that statement up.

In almost every case you have lesser athletes on the inside playing WR. People like AB, OBJ, and Jordy play snaps from the slot, but its usually so they can get off of bracket coverage, and get on a inferior defenders. Not because playing slot is harder.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasn't played good since week 1, I just seen something last week that he was in the bottom 5 corners before last week. lol

He didn't play great vs Seahawks either... I was at that game and a good throw was a touchdown on that play. Randall was literally covering no one until he made the break on a ball that hung too long. I chalk that up to luck, weather, and Wilson having a career bad day.
Is he in over his head? Maybe.... 1st round pick or not, he is still only a 2nd year CB with a defense that cant seem to get to the QB consistently.

Anyone remember how good Sheilds was in his 2nd year? It takes time.

Sky King

Reaction score

.... But people too often want to get rid of people...
This: Addition by subtraction. The only thing it does for sure is create more holes on the roster that will need to be filled. That's something that's tough to do through the draft and street free-agents almost exclusively.

But we're 1-1 on DBs in recent years. Oakland should never have gotten rid of an oft injured Charles Woodson, either.

Members online

Latest posts