Rams moving to LA

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey folks. i know this isn't packer related, but no-one discusses things in the "other teams" lobby so though i'd ask about this here, feel free to move though

obviously it's been announced that the rams are moving, but the chargers also have an option to move to LA aslo, i'm just confused as to why they(NFL) would move two teams to one city, almost losing two fan bases

to be honest the whole franchise moving cities has always baffled me, as it's not something that happens in the UK

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Saint Louis got screwed. Kroenke had no intention of trying to keep the team in the city. He had his eyes on LA the whole time. The whole stadium thing is a scam anyway. Multi-billionaires try to get taxpayers to foot the bill and if they hesitate the owners threaten to or actually do move the team.

I wouldn't feel that bad if only the Chargers had moved. At least they'd still be in Southern California and would be on tv, in driving distance for season ticket holders, etc. I understand that the NFL wants a team in LA, as it's the second largest city in the country, but come on, they just destroyed an entire fanbase.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for the fans in St. Louis, but the Rams have been almost total crap in St. Louis. 'Greatest show on turf' years were good, but everything else was crap, so I can understand wanting to relocate.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rams left LA in 1995 for a New Stadium and the promise of more money in St. Louis. 20 years later Rams leave St. Louis and return to LA for a new stadium and the promise of more money. Sound familiar? Karma?

Nobody got screwed in this deal but the tax payers and fan base, but when do NFL owners ever do anything for the fans?

Last edited:

Latest posts