Raji to retire from NFL

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ryan Wood sources close to Raji have confirmed he wants to retire from the NFL.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a little shocking, but those guys take a beating inside. I hope that it's purely to pursue other aspirations and dreams, if that's the case.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Raji said he had a very nice offer from the Packers as well as interest from multiple playoff teams.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. This is surprising, LOL

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And.....now I'm fine if TT wants to draft a DL in the first round....I don't see our answer at ILB or TE at our current pick...but the DL of the future very well may be there for the taking.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is surprising as he's about to be 30 years old and as far as we know he's relatively healthy.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this is very sad. I was hoping he might get one last pay day, even if it wasn't from us. He was a stand up guy and deserved it. Stupid injuries.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

And.....now I'm fine if TT wants to draft a DL in the first round....I don't see our answer at ILB or TE at our current pick...but the DL of the future very well may be there for the taking.

With this year's draft being extremely deep on the defensive line it's possible to get great value at the position later in the draft though. That's why I would be in favor of selecting an inside linebacker in the first (of course depending on which prospects are still on the board).

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oy that's a tough pill to swallow. ..add DL to list of positions needed in the draft. Could have used one anyways but this makes it a bit more urgent.

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to see BJ go. Need to get someone to plug the hole. He did the job on snuffing the run

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ringo, here's your chance, a door has opened....run with it!

Honestly I want us to draft someone, however if work ethic and character made a Pro Bowler it sounds like Ringo would have already made one...hoping his growth is set to show.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Ryan Wood sources close to Raji have confirmed he wants to retire from the NFL.

Not surprising, Raji always had tremendous God given talent. Legit Hall of Fame talent, if only his desire matched his ability. Certainly explains why he was always so up and down.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is surprising as he's about to be 30 years old and as far as we know he's relatively healthy. [snide/mean comment] Although he did play like he wanted to retire for a couple of seasons.[/comment]

What did his BC coach say about him, that when he wanted to he'd ruin practices because he was that dominant. But that he only really wanted to on occasion. If he had Mike Daniels' desire and determination he'd be a perennial all-pro on his way to Canton.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may not be a bad thing because this coming draft is DEEP at the DL position. We'll be able to get a very good DL at #27.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may not be a bad thing because this coming draft is DEEP at the DL position. We'll be able to get a very good DL at #27.

No. We NEED ilbs or TE help before another fat body on the inside. Our best OLB cannot stay on the inside. Matthews is a better player when he's on the outside.

Members online

Latest posts