Raiders cut Jordy

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said before. He had 739 yards last season and that was being the 3rd/4th option on the team. That is more than anyone on the team outside of Devante Adams. Again if you can tell me another player on the team that's better than him then I'm all for it, but based off last year I'm not confident in anyone of these receivers coming in and taking in the #2 spot. Again, if Jordy can produce what he did last year in that pitiful offense, he'd at least be a solid #2 for us.

We'll agree to disagree. Jordy's finished, same as Cobb. Time to move on.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, we would be lucky to catch an old wr at 3 or 4 as productive as driver was at this age. Not bad if we can get it for right $$$

Attachments

• 2019-03-14_22.55.05.jpg
    2019-03-14_22.55.05.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 73

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
As I said before. He had 739 yards last season and that was being the 3rd/4th option on the team. That is more than anyone on the team outside of Devante Adams. Again if you can tell me another player on the team that's better than him then I'm all for it, but based off last year I'm not confident in anyone of these receivers coming in and taking in the #2 spot. Again, if Jordy can produce what he did last year in that pitiful offense, he'd at least be a solid #2 for us.

If there not gonna draft one of the top receivers then sure bring back Jordy cause it really wont matter at that point. Even then I don't think Gute would do it though.

If they do get one which I believe they will then it's not the best decision IMO. We have a new offense with a new coach so i don't see going backwards here. Best to move forward with the new toy they draft and develop the other yonger guys.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there not gonna draft one of the top receivers then sure bring back Jordy cause it really wont matter at that point. Even then I don't think Gute would do it though.

If they do get one which I believe they will then it's not the best decision IMO. We have a new offense with a new coach so i don't see going backwards here. Best to move forward with the new toy they draft and develop the other yonger guys.
If they do get a receiver in the first round then fine I'm all in favor of giving the dude a shot. But if you're expecting me to believe that one of our current receivers is better than Jordy who had more yards than them at his "old age", then I'm not buying it. For someone who lost a step, he certainly played pretty well enough to fit in our system, as well as serve as a mentor to the other receivers.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We kept Driver a year too long.

Jordy Nelson QUIT on the Packers in 2017. Don't kid yourselves. Watch the tape. Adams worked his tail off to get open for Hundley while Nelson was counting the days until the offseason. I loved Jordy but he was already losing a step when we cut him. The way he quit trying was what sealed up my feelings about him. Now he can't even beat out Antonio Brown for a spot on the Raiders roster! :D I'd take Jordy back for retirement but nothing else. He's a great guy and was a great player for us, but we don't need an old man. I'd rather that our young WRs learn from Davante.

This forum is sour on our rookie WRs just like they were super sour on Blake Martinez after his rookie season. At least one of those WRs will emerge this season. We don't need Jordy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If they do get a receiver in the first round then fine I'm all in favor of giving the dude a shot. But if you're expecting me to believe that one of our current receivers is better than Jordy who had more yards than them at his "old age", then I'm not buying it. For someone who lost a step, he certainly played pretty well enough to fit in our system, as well as serve as a mentor to the other receivers.

If you have read my posts you would know I am anything but high on our current receivers outside of Adams. As of now I would call it the weak link of the roster.

Howerver, i am trying to be part of the solution and I don't think bringing back a 34 YO receiver to be the answer. Other then AB I didn't want any of the FA recievers and glad they didnt over pay one. The guy we need is in the draft. Trust me.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jordy Nelson QUIT on the Packers in 2017. Don't kid yourselves. Watch the tape. Adams worked his tail off to get open for Hundley while Nelson was counting the days until the offseason. I loved Jordy but he was already losing a step when we cut him. The way he quit trying was what sealed up my feelings about him. Now he can't even beat out Antonio Brown for a spot on the Raiders roster! :D I'd take Jordy back for retirement but nothing else. He's a great guy and was a great player for us, but we don't need an old man. I'd rather that our young WRs learn from Davante.

This forum is sour on our rookie WRs just like they were super sour on Blake Martinez after his rookie season. At least one of those WRs will emerge this season. We don't need Jordy.

I don't know if I'd say Jordy QUIT in 2017 but you have to wonder why the Raiders are letting him walk. I suspect his best days are behind him. If you read Raider forums those fans are not sorry to see him go.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But my thing is who is a better option at this point? You guys don't want Cobb, saying he's lost a step even though he's only 28 years old. And now you guys are saying Jordy doesn't have it, even though he's averaged more than any other receiver on the squad outside of Adams, while being the third/fourth option on a sorry *** squad in Oakland. I'm simply saying we give him a chance, rather than shut the door completely. Unless of course we draft a receiver in the first round.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have read my posts you would know I am anything but high on our current receivers outside of Adams. As of now I would call it the weak link of the roster.

Howerver, i am trying to be part of the solution and I don't think bringing back a 34 YO receiver to be the answer. Other then AB I didn't want any of the FA recievers and glad they didnt over pay one. The guy we need is in the draft. Trust me.
Dude I feel the same way you do in regards to our offense. That is our glaring weakness right now, especially in the receiver department. And unless we draft a receiver in the first round, Jordy may be our best option as he has proven he can still play, at least better than our current receivers outside of Adams, and he can be a mentor to them. If Adams goes down we're screwed!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say Jordy QUIT in 2017 but you have to wonder why the Raiders are letting him walk. I suspect his best days are behind him. If you read Raider forums those fans are not sorry to see him go.

His effort was definitely questionable in 2017 when Hundley took over. I remember one night game where he just gave up on the route and it continued from there.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can crap on Jordy all you want but there's no doubt in my mind he would put up better receiving numbers with AR than anyone on the team not named Davante Adams.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You can crap on Jordy all you want but there's no doubt in my mind he would put up better receiving numbers with AR than anyone on the team not named Davante Adams.

Jordy has millions of dollars and is going to the Packer HOF. I wouldnt call that getting craped on.

Give me some of that "crap".

He is 35 and it's a whole new offense. Plus we are in perfect draft positon to cash in on an elite talent at receiver in the draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Jordy Nelson is your 2nd or 3rd best reciever you have real problems. If you have a 34 yo at #4 what is that saying?
I’d be very skeptical with bringing him back but with the coaching change I guess it’s possible

So who currently on the team, besides Adams is currently better than Jordy? Who do we expect to be on the team come September, who will be better than Jordy?

I get why people want to say "we need better receivers than a soon to be 34 year old Jordy", but do we? What rookies will step right in and be better?

I would love to say that MVS, Allison, EQ and Kumerow are all better options right now, but I would be lying to myself. Hopefully, by September they will be, but I'm not holding my breath based on history.

Jordy won't be the Jordy of 2014, 98 catches, 1519 yds and 13 TD's, but I think too many people are looking at 2017 and that is guiding their opinions a bit too much.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a sentiment we all want to believe. I remember watching Jerry Rice try to play in his final year. He never wanted to quit and just kept playing until it became painfully obvious that he just didn’t have it anymore. It doesn’t matter how good a player is.... age catches up with all of them.

Reaction score
What’s great about Jordy is we are in position to do what’s best for us. If he Doesn’t retire or get picked up by somebody else I’d consider using him as an injury replacement if one or more WRs get hurt. Similar to Kumerow’s situation last year. He could be signed on the cheap for a partial year and it would give him a chance to retire as an active player.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who currently on the team, besides Adams is currently better than Jordy? Who do we expect to be on the team come September, who will be better than Jordy?

I get why people want to say "we need better receivers than a soon to be 34 year old Jordy", but do we? What rookies will step right in and be better?

I would love to say that MVS, Allison, EQ and Kumerow are all better options right now, but I would be lying to myself. Hopefully, by September they will be, but I'm not holding my breath based on history.

Jordy won't be the Jordy of 2014, 98 catches, 1519 yds and 13 TD's, but I think too many people are looking at 2017 and that is guiding their opinions a bit too much.
I’m not looking at 2017... and I’d like to believe that Jordy still has it, but the Packers just invested a ton of money on new younger guys. Roster spots are precious and I just don’t see it being in the best interest of the team to bring a 34 year old receiver into the mix... especially since the offense will be brand new as well. Time to move forward.

Reaction score
But I’m still on board with a WR. If we get Samuel or Campbell I’m good with Adams, G Mo and the stable of 2nd year guys battling it out. That especially holds true if we also go after a top 5 TE in addition to a slot WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That is a sentiment we all want to believe. I remember watching Jerry Rice try to play in his final year. He never wanted to quit and just kept playing until it became painfully obvious that he just didn’t have it anymore. It doesn’t matter how good a player is.... age catches up with all of them.

I get that sentiment on both sides. Jerry Rice was 41 his last season and played all 17 games. Hell at the age of 38, Rice had a 1211 yard, 7 TD season.

I still think some are putting way to much emphasis on his 2017 and what happened once Rodgers went down and Hundley took over.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

It's a new offense and scheme though designed to scheme people open and win favorable matchups. Its a much more friendly situation for a younger player to be effective earlier in development. There is obviously always still the development part but the days of Aaron and having "The Vulcan Mind Meld"(as a poster once put it) with Jordy or his other receivers is a thing of the past.

The days of man beater routes and winning one on one with all these nuances and mental connection are over.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that sentiment on both sides. Jerry Rice was 41 his last season and played all 17 games. Hell at the age of 38, Rice had a 1211 yard, 7 TD season.

I still think some are putting way to much emphasis on his 2017 and what happened once Rodgers went down and Hundley took over.
While I still stand by what I said, I would not be sad to see Jordy suit up as a Packer again. I don’t believe he still has it, but I would be rooting against myself and cheering him on the whole way lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Again, who currently on the roster not named Adams is better than Jordy?

*insert sounds of crickets*
  • Allison
  • MVS
  • EQ
  • Kumerow
  • Moore
  • Davis
  • Lazard
If Jordy would even want to come back to Green Bay, he would come cheap and I doubt attached with any guarantees. Let EQ, Kumerow and Moore fight for the #6 spot.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Took me hours to photo shop this, but felt it was worth it.

This is what Jordy would look like in a Packer uniform. :whistling:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I feel like Jordy could be a solid addition, but I'm afraid we'd get sentimental and AR would try to force him the ball. Sentiment can cloud judgement, and I don't want our team to be sentimental, I want wins.

Members online

Latest posts