Raiders cut Jordy

D

Deleted member 6794

Go ahead and compare his numbers to Brooks in particular. And you need to look at some of the modern era skill position players, Gerry Ellis to name just one. Someday the sour taste will fade but the numbers will stand up as well as him being the #1 offensive weapon (after the QB) by a wide margin on a Super Bowl winning team.

Josh Sitton will also get the nod in due time despite stories about his being cut because of bad locker room behavior precipitated by his contract situation with a prior offense in publicly criticizing a game plan.

Based on numbers Jennings definitely deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame more than Brooks. His behavior after he left might result in that not happening though.

While it seems Sitton was a bad influence in the locker room he didn't badmouth the organization after he left and should be inducted into the HOF at some point.

H

HardRightEdge

Based on numbers Jennings definitely deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame more than Brooks. His behavior after he left might result in that not happening though.

While it seems Sitton was a bad influence in the locker room he didn't badmouth the organization after he left and should be inducted into the HOF at some point.
Well, the bad influence in the locker room kinda sounded like he was bad mouthing management as reports had it that he was grousing about not getting an extension. What might that sound like?

As I noted previously, he made public comments questioning the play calling in 2015:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/sitton-packers-offense-too-predictable-mccarthy-trust-me

That would have left a bad taste in some mouths, don't you think?

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, the bad influence in the locker room kinda sounded like he was bad mouthing management as reports had it that he was grousing about not getting an extension. What might that sound like?

As I noted previously, he made public comments questioning the play calling in 2015:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/sitton-packers-offense-too-predictable-mccarthy-trust-me

That would have left a bad taste in some mouths, don't you think?

In my opinion Jennings badmouthing Rodgers and the organization after he left the team was significantly worse than what Sitton mentioned during his time in Green Bay. Obviously you don't have to agree with me on it.

H

HardRightEdge

In my opinion Jennings badmouthing Rodgers and the organization after he left the team was significantly worse than what Sitton mentioned during his time in Green Bay. Obviously you don't have to agree with me on it.
I think bad mouthing while in house is worse than doing it after you leave.

I don't approve of Jennings' behavior by any means. He was being stupid, in fact. It didn't buy him anything other than looking like a jerk. That saying and doing dumb stuff seems to be an occupational hazard amoung WRs, perimeter corners and running backs more than other positions doesn't excuse it.

But I ask you this. What is a greater disrespect to your team? Saying bad stuff about it after you leave or getting suspended for a season for gambling on football games? The latter was not a disqualification.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Numbers aside, Jordy was hurt by the Pack releasing him but he never took a parting shot at the organization on his way out of town. No cracks about Applebee's... Same with McCarthy.

These guys exude style points and The Packer Way. They may put on different colors, but, they're Packers.

I think those who are still upset about that remark are being overly sensitive. He might not have ventured out to other places to eat and he was eager to retire a Packer and returns to every alumni function. He could have easily retired a Viking but chose not too. Smart man.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't approve of Jennings' behavior by any means. He was being stupid, in fact. It didn't buy him anything other than looking like a jerk. That saying and doing dumb stuff seems to be an occupational hazard amoung WRs, perimeter corners and running backs more than other positions doesn't excuse it.

But I ask you this. What is a greater disrespect to your team? Saying bad stuff about it after you leave or getting suspended for a season for gambling on football games? The latter was not a disqualification.

One of my favorite scenes from MASH happens after Frank shoots himself in the foot with a revolver he "borrowed" from a visiting officer.

It goes something like this. Frank hobbles into Margaret's tent after the incident:

Margaret: You lied to me Frank. That's worse than stealing.
Frank: I happen to think stealing is worse than lying
Margaret: And you did both.
Frank: So I ought to know.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think those who are still upset about that remark are being overly sensitive.

It's still the standard of condescension...fed directly to the Viking media market - who STILL give it play. While not on the level of Jennings ... He's still beneath the level of a convicted ****** who went to Minne without a single potshot.

Maybe I am overly sensitive being born and reared 20-some miles from Lambeau but that's the way she goes, ya know?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never put much stock in what Jennings said, he always sounded like someone who wasn't over his boyfriend/girlfriend, but was trying to convince themselves they were doing fine and better off in their current situation. Though you knew if the other said they wanted them back they'd come running. Then his career was over and he's on TV where they say stuff to get people to watch. Nothing makes people get pissed off and watch more than controversy. It's why I don't watch the drama created around the game.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, who hasn't questioned the play calling by this point?

As for Jennings, I've heard him say good things about Rodgers, I've heard him say questionable things about Rodgers. The Applebees crack was in bad taste. But I think if Brooks is in the Packers Hall of Fame, you've got to put Jennings in there. Maybe make him wait awhile, since there's apparently some bad blood on both sides. I don't really care about what he said.

Ideally I'd like to see him and Rodgers squash their beef, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

D

Deleted member 6794

We have no idea what Sitton actually said while on the team making it impossible to assess his criticism because of it.

There's absolutely no doubt Hornung definitely made a huge mistake gambling on football games. I still prefer having him in the Packers Hall of Fame over Jennings though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no doubt Hornung definitely made a huge mistake gambling on football games. I still prefer having him in the Packers Hall of Fame over Jennings though.

Haha Jennings is no debate a top 5 wr in Packers history. He's the smoothest guy they've ever had. As a route runner he is unmatched.

Now when he became a diva by the end of his time in gb I was disappointed too. But is that really a reason to keep him out of the Packers hall of fame? It's for what you did on the field and horrung should be in too because who cares he gambled on games

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having Jordy retire as a packer is a great situation for the Packers in 2019. It's almost like having a 54th player. Because you know if they need him he'll be ready

H

HardRightEdge

We have no idea what Sitton actually said while on the team making it impossible to assess his criticism because of it.
We never get overheard quotes or video evidence of what is said in the locker room, in the meeting rooms, in private conversations. If you're going to discount second hand reports then it makes no sense to talk about good or bad locker rooms at all.
That's not the point. It's not either/or. It's not a question of replacing Hornung with Jennings in the Packer HOF. The point is that bad bahavior, damaging to the organization or it's image, is not a disqualifier.

D

Deleted member 6794

Haha Jennings is no debate a top 5 wr in Packers history.

Jennings isn't in the top five in any of the major receiving categories (receptions, yards, touchdowns).

Now when he became a diva by the end of his time in gb I was disappointed too. But is that really a reason to keep him out of the Packers hall of fame? It's for what you did on the field and horrung should be in too because who cares he gambled on games

In my opinion Jennings doesn't deserve to be into the Packers Hall of Fame because of his antics after he left the team. I'm fine with others disagreeing with that take though. BTW Hornung was inducted in the team's HOF in 1975.

We never get overheard quotes or video evidence of what is said in the locker room, in the meeting rooms, in private conversations. If you're going to discount second hand reports then it makes no sense to talk about good or bad locker rooms at all.

True, while it seems there were issues with Sitton in the locker room it's close to impossible for me to fairly assess if his behavior was worse than Jennings'.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still the standard of condescension...fed directly to the Viking media market - who STILL give it play. While not on the level of Jennings ... He's still beneath the level of a convicted ****** who went to Minne without a single potshot.

Maybe I am overly sensitive being born and reared 20-some miles from Lambeau but that's the way she goes, ya know?

I was born and raised on the east side of Green Bay but I never understood why some folks got so bent out of shape over this. I don't blame him for wanting to kick indoors. And he did retire a Packer. He should have ventured out and found out GB has a ton of great restaurants during his playing days. ;)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha Jennings is no debate a top 5 wr in Packers history. He's the smoothest guy they've ever had. As a route runner he is unmatched.

Now when he became a diva by the end of his time in gb I was disappointed too. But is that really a reason to keep him out of the Packers hall of fame?
To be fair to Jennings, it's become fashionable for wide receivers to become divas, so maybe he was just following his profession.

Besides, Favre was a diva too, he did many questionable things. I never cared that Favre went to Minnesota, because he wanted a ring and that was the most logical place for him to go. What he did that irked me the most (and I can't ever remember the circumstances of this) was when he was with the Jets and was giving other teams tips on how to beat the Packers. But regardless of that, I don't care, I don't hold anything against him. Or Jennings either.

Jennings was also one of the key players who bridged the gap between Favre's Packers and Rodgers' Packers.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah right! He just wanted a ring. Jennings and Favre can both go pound sand. I will never forgive either one for going to the Vikings. Favre did it because he's not very smart as indicated by the last pass he threw against the Saints. Jennings did it because he apparently needed something to talk about after football. Too bad he's terrible at that too. If I was king neither one would get a sniff of the Packer HOF. No forgiveness for turning purple.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah right! He just wanted a ring. Jennings and Favre can both go pound sand. I will never forgive either one for going to the Vikings. Favre did it because he's not very smart as indicated by the last pass he threw against the Saints. Jennings did it because he apparently needed something to talk about after football. Too bad he's terrible at that too. If I was king neither one would get a sniff of the Packer HOF. No forgiveness for turning purple.
Well, at least you're consistent, holding Jennings and Favre to the same standard.

Just to be clear however, I wasn't saying Favre's only consideration in going to Minnesota was to get a ring, I'm sure there was some motivation for revenge also. But when someone is traded away from a team in favor of a younger player, I think it's natural to want to prove them wrong, if you are a competitor. In any case, water under the bridge for me.

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you should send an urgent memo to Murphy about Ryan Longwell (if you haven't already). How did that pesky Viking sneak his way into the hall!!!?!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, don't believe for a second that I forgot about Longwell but he is only a lowly kicker so he really doesn't count. On another topic, I read today that the Bears believe that HaHa is an upgrade from Adrian Amos. I readily admit that I don't know a thing about Amos but I am willing to bet that he is better than HaHa. Hell, a warm body is better than HaHa. It is sad really - the Bears are a defense that plays with passion, heart, toughness, etc. All qualities that HHCD has never possessed.

Members online

Latest posts