Raiders cut Jordy

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say it again. Get your heads out of your ***** and get this guy back in green and gold. All the reasoning to not , can properly eff off.

We're getting the band back together again! Damn it.....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I guess maybe it wasn't the case that the Raiders didn't need Jordy. They just signed FA WR Ryan Grant.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not coming back unless a big injury happens or AR12 gets on his knees and begs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a few people who use Google to self diagnose. Amazing how a simple cut while shaving can suddenly be viewed as one of the rarest diseases known to man.

All I know is that I had a pain in my lower abdomen and I was stunned to find out I had uterine cancer. Probably not as stunned as my ex wife when she found out she had testicular cancer.

However neither of those can compare to how stunned I was when I found out my ex wife had testicular cancer.

I knew it was coming so I decided to beat you to the punch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All I know is that I had a pain in my lower abdomen and I was stunned to find out I had uterine cancer. Probably not as stunned as my ex wife when she found out she had testicular cancer.

However neither of those can compare to how stunned I was when I found out my ex wife had testicular cancer.

I knew it was coming so I decided to beat you to the punch.
Was your Ex-wife's name Bob, before you met her? ;)

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy could be Gute's big slot receiver.

Jordy Nelson + Aaron Rodgers > any WR on the roster not named Davante Adams in terms of production for 2019.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Jordy Nelson + Aaron Rodgers > any WR on the roster not named Davante Adams in terms of production for 2019.

I expect one of the youngsters to put up better numbers than Nelson would playing for the Packers in 2019.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect one of the youngsters to put up better numbers than Nelson would playing for the Packers in 2019.

I think Jordy is probably done, but I wouldn't rule him out as a mid-season replacement should one or two of the Pack's receivers go down.....Not unlike James Jones a few seasons back. That said, there is a new sheriff in town now, and he likes younger, bigger (and cheaper) options.....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think you people are forgetting who is still out there if the Packers have a rash of injuries at WR! :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Jordy wants to retire "A Packer" in August. Will we see him in the Packers Hall ya think?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jordy wants to retire "A Packer" in August. Will we see him in the Packers Hall ya think?

I would think so, as a Packer his stats:

• 136 games
• 69 TD’s
• 550 receptions
• 7848 receiving yards

Beyond just the stats, Jordy was a fan favorite and I really can't remember reading anything negative about the guy.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Numbers aside, Jordy was hurt by the Pack releasing him but he never took a parting shot at the organization on his way out of town. No cracks about Applebee's... Same with McCarthy.

These guys exude style points and The Packer Way. They may put on different colors, but, they're Packers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Jordy doesn't make the Packer HOF they might as well do away with the Packer HOF. He is the kind of player the concept of a team HOF was invented for.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy will get in the Packers HOF deservedly so, it’s not that high a bar for a Packer wideout the last 25 years...

Packers made the right move letting him walk

I’m glad he got somebody to throw him a bone, glad it wasn’t the Packers

He was done 2 years ago... anyone advocating bringing him back on anything but a sign and retire deal is delusional

D

Deleted member 6794

Jordy will get in the Packers HOF deservedly so, it’s not that high a bar for a Packer wideout the last 25 years...

Nelson has been a top 50 wide receiver in the entire league over the past 25 years. He definitely deserve to be inducted into the Packers HOF no matter that the Packers didn't feature an elite player at the position during that period.

H

HardRightEdge

Of course. I don't see how Brooks and Freeman would be inducted but not Nelson. It is not a super exclusive group. If the only receivers selected to date were Hutson, Lofton and Sharpe then there would be a question.

It is just a matter of when. Sharpe's last season was 1994; induction in 2002. Lofton's last season was 1993; induction in 1999. Driver's last season was 2012; induction in 2017. At least one name has been added every year going back to 1990. This year it was Thompson but no players. I don't know what the backlog of potential names might look like, but when you consider they named Mark Lee in 2017, 26 years after retirement, you'd have to scrounge through history, including non-players, to come up with who might be the next names over the next several years.

In looking at the non-players in the Packer Hall, there's a property manager/trainer, a team photographer, a scout, a sportswriter, a TV announcer, a radio announcer, a team PR guy/team historian, a film and video director, along with a large group of coaches/GMs/executives/board members. The next guys named could be non-players few of us have ever heard of, such as Winnie Ross named in 2016, a radio announcer beginning in 1929.

The more interesting question is whether Jennings will get in, and if so, when. By the numbers in comparison to Brooks and Freeman, and his contributions to the 2010 Super Bowl team and game, say he should. Then there are the circumstances of his departure souring the picture. He'll get in eventually, but it will be quite a while I'd surmise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

The more interesting question is whether Jennings will get in, and if so, when. By the numbers in comparison to Brooks and Freeman, and his contributions to the 2010 Super Bowl team and game, say he should. Then there are the circumstances of his departure souring the picture. He'll get in eventually, but it will be quite a while I'd surmise.

In my opinion Jennings is a borderline Packers Hall of Famer based on his numbers. His antics after he left the team should keep him out of it though.

H

HardRightEdge

In my opinion Jennings is a borderline Packers Hall of Famer based on his numbers. His antics after he left the team should keep him out of it though.
Go ahead and compare his numbers to Brooks in particular. And you need to look at some of the modern era skill position players, Gerry Ellis to name just one. Someday the sour taste will fade but the numbers will stand up as well as him being the #1 offensive weapon (after the QB) by a wide margin on a Super Bowl winning team. He might wait a long time, probably not Mark Lee's 26 years. His sister, however, will not be inducted. ;)

Josh Sitton will also get the nod in due time despite stories about his being cut because of bad locker room behavior precipitated by his contract situation with a prior offense in publicly criticizing a game plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe they need a special wing in the Packer Hall of Fame for players like Jennings and Sitton?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Numbers aside, Jordy was hurt by the Pack releasing him but he never took a parting shot at the organization on his way out of town. No cracks about Applebee's... Same with McCarthy.
Good point, McCarthy left with class.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts