Raiders cut Jordy

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a mistake for the Packers to let him go. Wonder if AR would like him back.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a mistake as well, and I'm sure Rodgers would want him back, but the decision isn't up to him. I'm sure he'll reach out to him. But the choice is the front office.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also wouldn't be shy on AJ McCarron, who got cut at same time but I'm betting dolphins are flying him in right now.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
League minimum to come in and play#4/#3 and coach younger guys up.
Who on the team is better than him at the #2 position? Please don't say Allison. We all know that is a lie.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to Jordy except to retire as a Packer. He's done. He's been done.All he is now is another year older.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who on the team is better than him at the #2 position? Please don't say Allison. We all know that is a lie.
It's not about whose better, it's who is he going to take meaningful reps and targets from. As another posted, he's old and lost a step, but may still be reliable as an outlet wr given his familiarity with AR

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not about whose better, it's who is he going to take meaningful reps and targets from. As another posted, he's old and lost a step, but may still be reliable as an outlet wr given his familiarity with AR

He had 739 yards last season and that was being the 3rd/4th option on the team. Look, if Jordy can produce what he did last year in that pitiful offense, he'd at least be a solid #2 for us. And honestly no one is ready to take that step just yet. Let's give these receivers another year to come into their own. We did that with Devante and look how well he turned out.

Besides he would be extremely cheap i'm certain at this point.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#12 decides who is #2....... Imo.

James jones came in and couldn't get a half step of separation. But the old chemistry with #12. and jones physical ball snatching ability. He led the team in TDs......

Jordy is better than jones and had better chemistry too.

But yea. For the right price(Cheap) Incentives mixed in.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The WR on the roster are far too deep. I would love Jordy, but I want to see what happens in the draft. There are some rookies I would love to see catch passes from Aaron Rodgers.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordy Nelson is your 2nd or 3rd best reciever you have real problems. If you have a 34 yo at #4 what is that saying?
I’d be very skeptical with bringing him back but with the coaching change I guess it’s possible

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it’s remembering the old times. But Adams Jordy Graham excites me more than Adams Graham MVS/EQB and a rookie.

Jordy in the mix I think would remove some pressure from MVS/EQB.

Even if it is just a year, he helps the young guys out. He catches passes and runs routes with Rodgers, the coaches don’t. That in itself is more valuable than bringing in another rookie you HOPE to be #2.

Add in that Rodgers loves to throw to Adams and Jordy, it potentially opens up Graham & Co.

I look at a team like the Patriots, Rams, Chiefs. Teams that are offensively deep. Who do you guard? Rodgers isn’t afraid to spread the ball around. If MLF is the offensive guru we hope him to be, having a few trusty weapons should open up the playbook.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if Jordy would want to come back for a really cheap deal. He passed up a really cheap deal the year before because he still thought he could play what would that say about his confidence if all of a sudden he said "You know what? Maybe I am washed up like you said. I think I'll take your cheap deal after all."

I hope he pulls a Kuhn and signs a 1 day deal to retire as a Packer and in a couple of years, if it takes that long, people will be saying "look at this Photoshop someone did of Jordy Nelson in a Raiders uniform. It looks so real" Then, after whatever length of time the Packers HOF requires to pass he will be inducted. No one, not even most Raiders fans will ever think of Jordy as anything but a Green Bay Packer.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say this much, IF Patriots don't convince him to play again he will sign with GB. The only issue is if it is to play or retire.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say this much, IF Patriots don't convince him to play again he will sign with GB. The only issue is if it is to play or retire.
I would be sick to my stomach to see Jordy Nelson in a New England uniform. Let alone if they go on and win another SB title with them.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you lose Cobb, I have seen much worse slot or possession receivers than Jordy Nelson. Obviously only happens if he wants that role.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If you lose Cobb, I have seen much worse slot or possession receivers than Jordy Nelson. Obviously only happens if he wants that role.
I’m not convinced Nelson has the nerve to play in the middle of the field anymore which a slot has to do. I would like to see a true slot/punt returner brought in but that prospect seems to be less than 50/50 imo.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Really it was no surprise as it seems like his heart was not there in Oakland as he seemed to miss playing in GB. But hope another team picks him up.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gee, he was a great player, and great Packer. Now, he's old and very average. You want Donald Driver back too?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, he was a great player, and great Packer. Now, he's old and very average. You want Donald Driver back too?
As I said before. He had 739 yards last season and that was being the 3rd/4th option on the team. That is more than anyone on the team outside of Devante Adams. Again if you can tell me another player on the team that's better than him then I'm all for it, but based off last year I'm not confident in anyone of these receivers coming in and taking in the #2 spot. Again, if Jordy can produce what he did last year in that pitiful offense, he'd at least be a solid #2 for us. As the other receivers they can learn as the gradually ease into the position like Devante did.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts