1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

R. P., I'm sorry

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Jan 31, 2008.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    R.P.,
    I'm sorry i put my political feelings into a thread you started with GREAT intentions.
    I allowed myself to be goaded into it by the rantings of someone on here. I'm not one to start a fight, but when i, or my beliefs are attacked, i sometimes have trouble ignoring it.
    I SHOULD have just considered the source.
    Some people like to inject their jabs at every opportunity, then run and hide, hoping no one will confront what they say with reality.
    I'll try not to let that happen again.
    Cheesey
    (Of course now this person will figure they have "free rein" to say what they want, with no reprecussions)

2. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesey,

I did not go back and read who started what. I just hit the last page of the thread and saw it had turned into a politics thread. I just posted that it will probably be locked because this is not the place for it and people get too worked up.

I have no challenge with you, never have, and never will. I do not mind political banter, infact I watch Hannity and Colmbs every night.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you for being understanding RP.

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    cheesey you're sort of rehashing your beef with said individual by creating this thread and taking shots at him in it. comments like these are better suited for a pm, especially if you're sincerely trying to apologize.

be the bigger man-dwarf. ;)

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not trying to rehash it, just saying where i was coming from. If "taking shots" was my desire, i would do so alot more then what i said here.
    I'm just tired of ANYONE that uses this place to try to push their agenda in backhanded ways. Me, i'm up front and a straight shooter. I didn't name names, cause i'm sure everyone can figure out things on their own.
    I'll drop it now, and let whatever happens happen.
    I wanted EVERYONE here to know what i did and why, thats why i didn't just make it a PM. The facts are out there for all to see. I'm not trying to hide anything.
    Let them judge me accordingly.

6. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cheesey...

You are seriously 'deluded' my friend....

(Even so, I like you...even if you hate me!)

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't hate you........i get frustrated when you can't seem to have a disagreement without a personal attack.
    I accept the fact that you and i won't agree probably about much outside of our love for the Packers, but you turn it into an attack, which puts me on the defensive. I don't LIKE having to do that. Yes, I am a "right wing nutcase", i believe free speach, and the right to disagree with me if you want to. In fact, i would fight for your right to do so. I have had civil disagreements with others on here, and talked to each other with respect.
    Thats all i ask. When you start name calling instead of having a good conversation, nothing good will ever come out of it. I let myself get pulled into it, and thats my own fault. I think one of my problems is, for too many years i didn't speak up for myself or my beliefs, and people walked all over me. So now when i feel backed into a corner, i come out swinging. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not.