QUITTERS!!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give the team credit for putting forth a solid effort all season long, but tonite, they never tried. Brett's first pick was a bad decision, but DD cut off the route, he short armed another td possiblity in the endzone...Fergy, same old. O line was putrid...Clifton threw in the towel on the last fumble for a TD...

Collins and Brett gave a good effort, but a lot of the rest of the team should be ashamed!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree musccy, it seemed like the majority of the team just did not show up. A very sad game for a team that had played very hard up until now.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah...that's what surprised me...they've played so hard all season, but then all of a sudden...THUD...where did this come from?!?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, I do not post a whole lot but I have always defended every player all year because there was always an effort being made.

Last night was shameful, some of these players will not be back, I wouldn't blame the coaches if they cut them loose tomorrow and go with backups who want to at least make an effort.

I am really dissapointed in Ferguson, he has been all talk since coming back from injury, absolutley no effort tonight!!!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen a Green Bay Packer team mail it in like that since the 80's.
Ferguson should be sent packing today. His performance was absolutely shameful--and he thought he should be a #1 receiver.
Well we got to see what Rogers looks like behind that putrid offensive line.
Looks like we have more holes to fill in the off season than we thought .

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I saw the same game you all saw last night. My assessment is that it has been very much the same as it has been. Brett continues to throw into coverage and throws interceptions. Ferguson can't get open and won't do anything to go get the ball. Donald Driver, although having a great year, is only an average receiver on most teams. You're down to your sixth running back. The line has worked all year long. Ahman hasn't been able to cover anyone all year. Harris did have a bad game. And the special teams played like they have all year. We came out flat, but that is the MO on this team for the last six years. So what's the problem? Are you all just now noticing?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes folks, we certainly got a lot of work to do in the off season. Will be an interesting offseason. could not bear to watch last night. Never saw such a putrid smell.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Are you all just now noticing?

I guess so. You bring up a good point. This kind of stuff has been happening all year. For the last few games they were doing a better job of all those things. Maybe we were lost in our excitement about Samkon Gado.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I give the team credit for putting forth a solid effort all season long, but tonite, they never tried. Brett's first pick was a bad decision, but DD cut off the route, he short armed another td possiblity in the endzone...Fergy, same old. O line was putrid...Clifton threw in the towel on the last fumble for a TD...

Collins and Brett gave a good effort, but a lot of the rest of the team should be ashamed!

i totally agree, ferguson gets cut at the end of the year. fergie won't be back.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I think I saw the same game you all saw last night. My assessment is that it has been very much the same as it has been. Brett continues to throw into coverage and throws interceptions. Ferguson can't get open and won't do anything to go get the ball. Donald Driver, although having a great year, is only an average receiver on most teams. You're down to your sixth running back. The line has worked all year long. Ahman hasn't been able to cover anyone all year. Harris did have a bad game. And the special teams played like they have all year. We came out flat, but that is the MO on this team for the last six years. So what's the problem? Are you all just now noticing?
WHAT!!
That was the biggest blowout in MNF history!
The Pack hasn't been beaten like that since 1980.
They have been in every game this year until last night.
You think that (last nights display) is the same as it has been, get real!

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching that reply of Driver catching a nice ball over the middle and fighting for yards; then they show the play again from an endzone ground level cam --- you see Ferguson JOGGING out his route, never looks for the ball, Driver in the background running with defenders closing, Madden yelling, "C'mon Ferguson, block someone!" Then he turns around and looks all surprised that Driver was making a play, but still makes no effort to do anything.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i saw that too very pathetic on ferggies part roghers well what he showed last night was awfull,it looks to me that he needs alot of practice,and if brett stays i dont think he will get it here,and if he doent,do we have a joey on our hands,after all he came and kyle and joey had the same teacher,look what they said last night about boller and how he throws roghers did the same thing,and if the d-line would have played like they normally play like,he would have been sacked you name it,pretty much what the ravens did to roghers when he came out is what should have been done to their quaterback.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heelntoe said:
I was watching that reply of Driver catching a nice ball over the middle and fighting for yards; then they show the play again from an endzone ground level cam --- you see Ferguson JOGGING out his route, never looks for the ball, Driver in the background running with defenders closing, Madden yelling, "C'mon Ferguson, block someone!" Then he turns around and looks all surprised that Driver was making a play, but still makes no effort to do anything.

I saw it too it was patethic.. that guy should be fired TODAY maybe someone should have pulled a red hot peper up his *** to see if he shows some life !!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, for sure, that it was a poor effort by the team as a whole. But I'm not going to let Favre off the hook. He was the first player to give up, by lofting several passes into triple coverage in the first half, when the score was still close. It's gotten so predictable that the defenders are already turned back toward the line of scrimmage, fully expecting that Favre is going to make those throws.

Does everyone know that game called 500, where one guy throws the ball into a crowd and whoever makes the catch gets the points? That's what I'm reminded of when Favre makes those throws.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Agreed, for sure, that it was a poor effort by the team as a whole. But I'm not going to let Favre off the hook. He was the first player to give up, by lofting several passes into triple coverage in the first half, when the score was still close. It's gotten so predictable that the defenders are already turned back toward the line of scrimmage, fully expecting that Favre is going to make those throws.

Does everyone know that game called 500, where one guy throws the ball into a crowd and whoever makes the catch gets the points? That's what I'm reminded of when Favre makes those throws.

500 is an excellent description...and I'm getting tired of it...if someone is TRIPLE COVERED, don't you think that somebody else, somewhere on the field might be open?!?

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

500 is an excellent description...and I'm getting tired of it...if someone is TRIPLE COVERED, don't you think that somebody else, somewhere on the field might be open?!?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
This will drop the Packers power ranking in various polls.

packers' power ranking, thats an oxymoron

they lost to, who i thought, was one of the worst teams in the league--after being in their area all season and getting all their games, yes, the ravens suck that badly, and we lost to them by 45--i'm in no mood to talk about this one...

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, on the second one there was someone open on the sideline about 12-15yds down field, but Brett was doing a simulaneous Heave/Duck with someone right in his face. Shoulda just threw it away.

Members online

Latest posts