Quite a few roster moves, what do you expect from Vince Biegel?

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so, I can't stand to watch Fackrell anymore, sadly, he can't play. Waste of a 3rd round pick.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fackrell only managed 5 tackles in seven games with zero sacks. Thats dismal production and its not too early to label him a major bust. The bar for Biegel to jump over is low. Replacing Fackrell with Biegel has to be an upgrade. Can't see Biegel playing any worse than Fackrell. That said I think Biegel can flash a few nice plays off the edge.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fackrell has been a disappointment this year. I hope Biegel can take all of his snaps. Looks like Brooks is out again with his back.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Vince Biegel has seen 25 snaps and has 7 tackles and 1 tackle for loss. That is pretty promising, but why aren't we seeing more of him? I expect if CM3 didn't go down we wouldn't have seen him much at all yesterday. Thoughts?

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great question, plus, why is Fackrell getting more time than Biegel, makes zero sense! I have lost all faith in this Packers coaching staff, on both sides of the ball.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Great question, plus, why is Fackrell getting more time than Biegel, makes zero sense! I have lost all faith in this Packers coaching staff, on both sides of the ball.
Fackrell did have a hell of a game yesterday. Best I have seen him play since he was drafted. But up until yesterday, his season has been extremely underwhelming.

OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a sack, didn't think I would see that this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably because he's only what? 2 games back after not even being able to practice? I imagine as he gets into it more his snaps will go up. He's not a 5 year vet coming back after injury. He's a rookie that didn't even make it thru OTAs or take part in any minicamp or practice until almost half way thru a season in a time where actual work done in practice is very limited by the CBA. He's looked good so far, probably because they're putting him places to find success along with his motor. As he gets into playing shape and gets work in this defense the snaps are going to go up especially if he keeps producing.

And just because a guy has success in limited snaps doesn't mean he's being held back by coaching. Jayrome Elliot ring a bell?

If one actually thinks about the situation the answers aren't that hard to find.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were talking about Fackrell's lack of stats before the game, then he did bust out with his first decent game.

Biegel is making plays. While playing the left side yesterday, I saw him set the edge perfectly on a running play. It forced the RB to make the inside cut. He was promptly crushed by a duo of Packers players. I haven't seen our OLBs set the edge well in A LONG time. One of the many problems with our supposedly opportunistic defense. I think they're generally just sloppy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but to keep trotting out Fackrell makes sense?
If biegel isn't in shape to hold up physically to a dramatic increase in workload yet, or it means putting him in positions to play a part in the defense he is not ready for, yes it does make sense to trot out Fackerell at this point.

Our defense played well yesterday. It may have just been the ravens according to some, but they were put in bad positions all game long and responded pretty well.

Biegel is going to get more snaps as long as he keeps performing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
defense. I think they're generally just sloppy.
i would agree at times. I know it's comparing college and pros but WI is everyone selling out to do their job on every play. It's great TEAM defense. Nobody relies on being an athlete to get by, they use their skills within the defense to do their job and play their part. It's nice to see

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
i would agree at times. I know it's comparing college and pros but WI is everyone selling out to do their job on every play. It's great TEAM defense. Nobody relies on being an athlete to get by, they use their skills within the defense to do their job and play their part. It's nice to see

AND.....apparently very well coached by Jim L. The Badgers took a big hit at LB by losing Jack Cichy before the season started and then Brian Orr halfway into the season, yet as you imply, they just plug and play the next man up without much of a drop off. Good scheme, good coaching and guys playing as 11, not 1.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great coaching by the little safety that could. What story that guy has made for himself coming from Tony WI. I love how he has them all playing as a unit. Stark contrast when you see 2 guys make a play or one guy make a play because another guy did his and the thank the other guy for helping them out as opposed to the other team stumbling over their own teammate in a rush to get up and celebrate themselves

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really think a lot of the latest Badgers success is the head coach, Paul Chryst. Yes, he inherited a successful program, but under Bielema, who I think is on his way out at Arkansas, the team was inconsistent from week to week. Chryst has had 3 DC's in the last 3 years, yet that defense just keeps getting better.

I hope the Packers take note and see what a young eager DC can do to a program. Yes I know....College VS. Pro ....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think bielema underachieved here relative to the talent he had to work with

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AND.....apparently very well coached by Jim L. The Badgers took a big hit at LB by losing Jack Cichy before the season started and then Brian Orr halfway into the season, yet as you imply, they just plug and play the next man up without much of a drop off. Good scheme, good coaching and guys playing as 11, not 1.
completely agree... also keep in mind that defense not only lost Cichy and Orr... but Biegel and TJ Watt are now playing in the NFL. They seem better this year than last.. hard to fathom.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
completely agree... also keep in mind that defense not only lost Cichy and Orr... but Biegel and TJ Watt are now playing in the NFL. They seem better this year than last.. hard to fathom.
Such a shame that Cichy got hurt before his senior season. He along with Burke, Borland, Watt, Fletcher and Krumrie will go down as my all time favorite Badger defenders to watch. Cichy has extraordinary instinctual awareness on the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Such a shame that Cichy got hurt before his senior season. He along with Burke, Borland, Watt, Fletcher and Krumrie will go down as my all time favorite Badger defenders to watch. Cichy has extraordinary instinctual awareness on the field.

Cichy might have another year of eligibility with a medical hardship waiver, would love for him to come back if he does, but guessing he may take his chances in the draft and the NFL.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cichy might have another year of eligibility with a medical hardship waiver, would love for him to come back if he does, but guessing he may take his chances in the draft and the NFL.
Hard to say... his draft stock would be much lower not having played his entire senior year... but playing another year carries some risk as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Also another young LB in Zach Baun who played very well last year. It is amazing the way they have stockpiled LB’s the last 3 years. It seems like they always have 4 backups that they can plug in, that can and do produce.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I’m not expecting to see Cichy come back for a 6th year. I’m not sure if his frame is made for the NFL though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts