1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quinn Gray to Sign with Texans - Cheap as well..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I would love for him to come here on a deal like that... wonder what happened here in GB?

2. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Damn, that would have been a win-win situation, even if it was a bit more expensive. Oh well, time to move on.

Would have been nice though.

3. DoddPower

Ratings:
    +54
    Check out this comment about Gray:

Maybe that's why he didn't come to Green Bay. Maybe Thompson didn't like his attitude?

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Maybe that's why he didn't come to Green Bay. Maybe Thompson didn't like his attitude?[/quote]

Good find.. that is plausibe. feel better now. ;)

5. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quinn GAY lol screw him ... draft a backup QB

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I still don't know who he is, so this doesn't bother me much.

7. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think he is the guy we wanted anyway.
    We need a tested veteran that can help coach Rodgers and be a sounding board as well as a backup.
    Gray certainly didn't fit that bill.

8. DoddPower

Ratings:
    +54
    heh heh, as do I!! I must admit though, considering the circumstances, he played pretty well this year. There has to be something up with him though.

A.) The Jaguars released him. He seemed to be a solid back up to Garradd (sp?) without changing the offense much.

B.) He might not have been that interested in coming to Green Bay, where he would seemingly have a chance at some significant playing time if Rodger's gets injured and he would be stepping into an extremely talented team.

C.) He only signed a cheap one year deal on a team that now has three decent quarterbacks--essentially he's going to have to compete to even be a #2.

Thinking about it, I'm glad he didn't come here. Thanks again TT!

9. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, junior high caliber smack.

10. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing that bothers me is that John McClain is a reporter now. He was such a good cop...

11. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If there is anything to the "Cancer" deal, I'm glad we didn't pick him up.

12. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did Green Bay Packer Packers offer QB Quinn Gray a contract? I don't think, I saw or heard a report in the Green Bay media that Packers' GM Ted Thompson offered him a contract.

Green Bay Packers might have a good solid report that Gray was a problem in Jacksonville Jacquars locker room , not just as reporter's thoughts on Quinn.. I think the Packers had Quinn Gray in Green Bay for a work out, which could have been unsatisfactory. I think , Gray signing a 1 year contract for $635,000 and a $40,000 reportmg bonus with Houston Texans answered the question did the Packers really want Quinn Gray.? To me that means a resounding -NO!!The Packers have lots of salary cap money. That Contract Gray signed with the Houston Texans is just about NFL Veteran minimum NFL contract . If the Packers wanted him, that kind of money is no problem for the Packers.

Hammer posted "draft a backup QB".

A rookie Quarterback in the NFL coming to Packers would be a developmental QB. (3rd String)
    not a back up (2nd string) to this first year starter Packer QB Aaron Rodgers. The Packers need an experienced NFL QB. to back up QB Aaron Rodgers

13. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I did? ( posted "draft a backup QB" ).

14. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I still expect Craig Nall to be wearing green and gold.

15. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you are right on the money here. Green Bay obviously has the resources to sign a guy like Gray, but TT won't overspend for a guy and if this locker room cancer stuff is true, he probably brought him in to determine if he was Packer People or not. Obviously, we know the answer to that.

I was never sold on the guy anyway. I don't think Rodgers could have learned a whole lot from him. I think that's what TT and MM are looking for most, a guy who will teach Rodgers the ropes and talk to him on the sidelines when things aren't going his way. A vet who has got a bit of gas in the tank in case something catastrophic happens, but mostly is a "Yoda" type player. "Do or do not throw a completion, there is no try."

You won't get that with a rookie.

16. b_mckendry

b_mckendry Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We just missed a good quality back-up Quarterback

17. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    lol.

18. tromadz