Quick Thought: Kicker

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I've read that some think Crosby is leading Rayner in the kicking derby because he started the game and got more opportunities, however, I think maybe Crosby is being showcased for another team for the purpose of increasing trade value.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope not because Crosby is pretty much my fantasy kicker in one of my Yahoo leagues this year. It's a 20 man league and Kicker was really thin in the round I drafted him in, so I'm now hoping he wins the job from Rayner for my FF team's sake. :rotflmao:

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby is a wonderboy kicker, we should keep him, he will become much much better than Rayner, think about it, he's already on Rayner's level and he's a rookie.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game on Saturday and watched the two warm up side by side after the half. They were pretty close to me as I have seats down near the field.

It was very interesting, Rayner had a long leg swing which can be detrimental on sloppy fields (Lambeau in winter) but better for accuracy. Crosby has an incredibly compact, short leg swing. This I think woudl give him better contact in bad weather. Crosby's kicks were more boring through the air yet still reached the same height as Rayner.

tough call....but Crosby does have the "wow" factor when you watch him..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i would think that if we trade anyone it would be Rayner.

if Crosby is really close to beating Rayner now, and you feel confident with him as your kicker going into the season... then you should take the younger more potential player than the possibly peaked player.

BUT.... Zero, maybe he got that start on Saturday so the coaches could take a really close look at him...and make sure they know he has what it takes to play. Then Thursday on the NATIONAL TV Audience... Rayner gets the showcase. more eyes on thursday.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
BUT.... Zero, maybe he got that start on Saturday so the coaches could take a really close look at him...and make sure they know he has what it takes to play. Then Thursday on the NATIONAL TV Audience... Rayner gets the showcase. more eyes on thursday.

I'm not saying thats what is going on, just putting it out there as a thought. :)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both guys are going to win from this because both have shown how good they are.
My guess is we keep them both at first until some team with a shortcoming at kicker gives us something we need in return.

You don't just let a great kicker walk. Even if it takes up a spot on the roster initially. In the end it will pay off.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I'm not saying thats what is going on, just putting it out there as a thought. :)

oh i know... and i agree with the thought... i just think/hope its for the other kicker.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kickers don't get traded too often. There are only a few elite kickers in the league that are worth trading for.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how a trade for either of these guys will result in anything more than a 5th round pick. Who is going to want to give up much for a kicker? It's not like we'll get a starting RB or TE in return.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't see how a trade for either of these guys will result in anything more than a 5th round pick. Who is going to want to give up much for a kicker? It's not like we'll get a starting RB or TE in return.
better than nothing at all

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
better than nothing at all

hell yeah its better than nothing at all.

if we could trade Rayner for a 4th or 5th rounder, just imagine what TT could turn that into.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby is a wonderboy kicker, we should keep him, he will become much much better than Rayner, think about it, he's already on Rayner's level and he's a rookie.

But being a rookie really doesn't matter with kickers. goal posts and distance don't change from college to the nfl.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure that Rayner got the start in week 1 so Crosby started week 2. Then it will be Rayner again week 3 followed by Crosby in week for. A preplaned approach nothing to sinister or **** about that.
It looks like Crosby has kicked the longer FGs. I am not sure has Rayner had more of the longer kick offs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts