Quick look back at our losses

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember hearing we have the easiest schedule at the begining of the year. But I noticed many of these "bad" teams are making playoff runs right now. Now that the cards have been played lets look back at our losses.

Against the Vikes(Solid 7-7) lost by 3 in week 2.
Against Dallas(Powerhouse 12-2). lost by 14 in week 5. Got whooped but still sat at 3-2.
Against Atlanta (9-5 in tough division) Lost by 1 point week7. Still 4-2, but the slide starts.
Against Colts (7-7 ) Lost by 5 points week 8. Luck looked great against our practice squad CBs.
Against Titans (8-6) Lost by an embarassing 22 points. We hit sub .500
Against Redskins(7-6-1 in a tough division) lost by 18 points. 4-6 record. Rock bottom. Mutiny on the rise.

Look at that list. All over .500 and playoff contenders. 3 bad losses, but the other 3 losses were only a combined 9 points.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember hearing we have the easiest schedule at the begining of the year. But I noticed many of these "bad" teams are making playoff runs right now. Now that the cards have been played lets look back at our losses.

Against the Vikes(Solid 7-7) lost by 3 in week 2.
Against Dallas(Powerhouse 12-2). lost by 14 in week 5. Got whooped but still sat at 3-2.
Against Atlanta (9-5 in tough division) Lost by 1 point week7. Still 4-2, but the slide starts.
Against Colts (7-7 ) Lost by 5 points week 8. Luck looked great against our practice squad CBs.
Against Titans (8-6) Lost by an embarassing 22 points. We hit sub .500
Against Redskins(7-6-1 in a tough division) lost by 18 points. 4-6 record. Rock bottom. Mutiny on the rise.

Look at that list. All over .500 and playoff contenders. 3 bad losses, but the other 3 losses were only a combined 9 points.
The Redskins ARE 7-7-1

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's not who we lost to, it's how we lost the games. There's no shame in losing to any of those teams, but the way we lost for the three straight games (Colts, Titans, Redskins) was abysmal.

I think a lot of the frustration from Packer fans is the fact that, in Week 16, we aren't guaranteed a playoff spot, when many fans probably expected to be 12-2 or 11-3 at this point.

But we have two games for our lives to finish it out. Win them both, and we have as good a chance as anyone at making a run.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that sometimes the Pack seem very passive on early season games and often lose games that we should have won.
Then we go into the late season and look back on those games and say "how did we lose that game?" Many times your hear players or coaches say "there's a lot of football left". 16 games is not a lot of football.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that sometimes the Pack seem very passive on early season games and often lose games that we should have won.
Then we go into the late season and look back on those games and say "how did we lose that game?" Many times your hear players or coaches say "there's a lot of football left". 16 games is not a lot of football.

Well when your starting qb throws 9 passes before the start of the season, you'll have that. And people wonder why we start off slow. Aaron did throw for 300 yards till week 7. His lone standout game was Detroit.

People wonder why it takes us 5 weeks to start rolling every year. I don't really think it's rocket science, other teams play their starters more. Even Brady on suspension played more in the pre-season. Because of lack of snaps, the timing is off on a timing offense, and everything looks like garbage.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well when your starting qb throws 9 passes before the start of the season, you'll have that. And people wonder why we start off slow. Aaron did throw for 300 yards till week 7. His lone standout game was Detroit.

People wonder why it takes us 5 weeks to start rolling every year. I don't really think it's rocket science, other teams play their starters more. Even Brady on suspension played more in the pre-season. Because of lack of snaps, the timing is off on a timing offense, and everything looks like garbage.
Obviously Rodgers not practicing in the preseason is stuck in your craw. Reread my post. I am saying we often look back at the early season loses and and scratch our heads wondering, "how did we let that happen?'

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Obviously Rodgers not practicing in the preseason is stuck in your craw. Reread my post. I am saying we often look back at the early season loses and and scratch our heads wondering, "how did we let that happen?'

I can understand where he`s kinda coming from there DS. I`ve often wondered why these elite QB`s, Favre may have been a different case, but I cannot understand why they or people around them think they don`t need to attend practise camps to hone their skills and get in cinque with their WR`s ? Before anybody says, I`m not attacking anybody, but even the best must get a tiny bit rusty ???

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Huh? Im not following. It's not like we had big leads in the Minnesota and Dallas game. I didn't at all wonder what went wrong. AR didn't play well at all in either of those games and we lost. Combined he had 2TDs and 2INTs.

We started out slow because AR had a qb rating of 87.63 in the first 11. And the DB's were in shambles with injuries.

And the last four games was 111. He is playing out of his mind, MVP level. If he was playing even half this well against the Vikings we would have won by 20.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well when your starting qb throws 9 passes before the start of the season, you'll have that. And people wonder why we start off slow.

The Packers started 4-2 though before going on a four game losing streak. There´s no reason to blame that on starters not playing enough during the preseason.

I`ve often wondered why these elite QB`s, Favre may have been a different case, but I cannot understand why they or people around them think they don`t need to attend practise camps to hone their skills and get in cinque with their WR`s ?

The Packers have one of the highest participation percentage during offseason workouts in the entire league and Rodgers has been part of it during every single season of his tenure in Green Bay.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers started 4-2 though before going on a four game losing streak. There´s no reason to blame that on starters not playing enough during the preseason.

So the offense looks the same now as it did in the first 5 weeks? Aaron doesn't look sharper and more in sync with his receivers? Isn't throwing the ball better?

All I am saying is the eye test tells me, he could have used a little more time with his receivers before the regular season hits. It's just a personal opinion of course.

But we are one of the most careful teams with injuries I have seen to date. ODB returns punts for Giants, Antonio Brown for Pitt, Richard Sherman has for the Seahawks and plays a lot of special teams, yet we somehow feel Cobb is too valuable?

Same with Brady, Luck, Wilson, Brees, Big Ben playing pre-season. I literally couldn't find another elite quarterback that threw less passes in the pre-season than Rodgers.

Does that affect his starts? Maybe, I am not sure the stats or record show it. Just mostly from watching the games, and laughing the first 4 weeks as the Packers try to hit back shoulder fades and are about 5 yards off every time. When they do pick it up though they are hard to stop.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek: You can`t say things like that !!!
People say all sorts of stupid crap with no backing. Its just that normal people who have enjoyed the luxury of winning for a decade straight, TYPICALLY do not blame the only proven piece to the whole puzzle. The HOF QB that has carried us... Just shows a general unhappiness with life, and a horribly negative attitude...

D

Deleted member 6794

So the offense looks the same now as it did in the first 5 weeks? Aaron doesn't look sharper and more in sync with his receivers? Isn't throwing the ball better?

Rodgers and the offense have for sure performed on a higher level over the last few weeks than early in the season but not playing the starters more often during the preseason wasn´t the reason for the team´s mid-season slump.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you remember how good Rodgers played in preseason? I bet not, otherwise you wouldnt claim this "stuff"

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you remember how good Rodgers played in preseason? I bet not, otherwise you wouldnt claim this "stuff"

Rodgers threw a total of only nine passes during the preseason this year. Impossible to make any evaluation out of it.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know exactly what he played. Are you claiming 6 of 9 for 66 yards and 1TD vs SF in 1 drive vs the second worst team in the league is proving you are ready?

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know exactly what he played. Are you claiming 6 of 9 for 66 yards and 1TD vs SF in 1 drive vs the second worst team in the league is proving you are ready?
10 years in the same system with same coaches.... Batting 1.000 for TD drives, weither it was 1 drive or not. lol
Regardless, I think the team knows he is prepared.

D

Deleted member 6794

10 years in the same system with same coaches.... Batting 1.000 for TD drives, weither it was 1 drive or not. lol
Regardless, I think the team knows he is prepared.

Rodgers and his receivers still have to work on timing in a game atmosphere though. There´s no way to practice it against a scout team defense.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with Rodgers sitting out preseason games. Rhythm is a big part of sports, and especially after our clunky second half of 2015 I didn't think that letting the guy sit out games would be helpful. You can be smart about avoiding injuries but I don't think that you can be afraid of them. It leads to other problems.

Let's not forget about Rodgers' comments about doing the coaches a favor and doing the ball security drills after his fumbles in Minnesota. Rodgers has developed an aura of entitlement, as most in his position tend to do. McCarthy needs to keep treating him like a 3rd yr QB and not like the old farm dog that gets to lay on the stoop all day and watch.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers have one of the highest participation percentage during offseason workouts in the entire league and Rodgers has been part of it during every single season of his tenure in Green Bay.
I would add that the offense was actually better in those 4 losses than it was in a couple of the earlier wins. Those losses were about total defensive collapse.

Members online