Quick Fact - Bubba Franks might be good again

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2006 he had 25 catches

In 2007(so far) he already has 11 catches.

At this pace, he's looking to get around 44 catches for the season!

In 2006, 13 of his 25 catches were for FIRST DOWNS.

In 2007, 5 of his 11 catches were for FIRST DOWNS.

We all know Bubba has struggled the last couple years, but Green Bay kept him around. He's a good locker room guy, works hard, practices hard, and they thought he could turn it around.

Brett has faith in him. The playcalling puts him in position to do well. Most importantly, he is PLAYING WELL!

Yes he's made some drops, no doubt about it. But overall, this is looking like the Bubba Franks that made me smile when I thought about our TE situation 3 years ago.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Driver has made some drops too.

The point is, no one catches every single pass.

I've been saying for quite some time that I think Bubba still has some gas in his tank, but just isn't being given the reps to prove it.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba has really stepped it up this year and definitely deserves the praise, after all the criticism he has heard over the last year or so. :beer:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Donald Lee? He wasnt used really last year and look what he has done. So far he has....

16 catches, 172 yards, 1 TD at this rate he should have

64 catches, 688 yards, 6 TD at the end of the season!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We all know Bubba has struggled the last couple years, but Green Bay kept him around. He's a good locker room guy, works hard, practices hard, and they thought he could turn it around.

Brett has faith in him. The playcalling puts him in position to do well. Most importantly, he is PLAYING WELL!

Yes he's made some drops, no doubt about it. But overall, this is looking like the Bubba Franks that made me smile when I thought about our TE situation 3 years ago.

Trom - You forgot t he most important stat of all - TDs. He already has 2. Last year, the whole year, he had 0. I like it when the Packers get TDs.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Trom - You forgot t he most important stat of all - TDs. He already has 2. Last year, the whole year, he had 0. I like it when the Packers get TDs.

Awesome. Thats what im talkin about.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, good observations and original post. I also noticed that Bubba has stepped up for us big time this year. He has been great to watch making great plays in times of need !!!

Cheers to Bubba, the man deserves it :packbeer:

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say I'm happy with the performances by Bubba and Lee so far. I was on board with everyone else before the season started, saying that TE was our biggest hole.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba does look like he is bouncing back. Along with Lee they make the TE position a solid one. Here is how their combined production compares to the top TE's in the league:

Player Team Rec Yds Long TD 1st Down

Antonio Gates SD 33 376 27 2 21
Tony Gonzalez KC 21 238 26 1 12
Kellen WinslowCLE 20 367 49 1 15
Jason Witten DAL 20 304 38 3 15

Donald Lee GB 16 172 27 1 8
Bubba Franks GB 11 72 12 2 5
"Bubald LeFranks" 27 244 27 3 13

Their combined efforts gives the the 2nd most receptions among TE, 5th in yards, tied for 2nd in TD's and 5th in 1st down receptions.
Since the team philosophy is to spread the ball around they are doing pretty well for their position.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee and Franks have both been good. I thought we were in for mediocre play at the TE position going into the regular season, but I'm glad I was wrong. Lee is the athletic one and Bubba is the plodder who is dependable. I do hope they acquire a third TE at some point, though, in case of injury.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone was satisfied with the TE position going into the season. I know I sure wasn't.

Franks and Lee have been playing great so far. I think Lee has had a couple fumbles, but besides that he's definitely shown me something. Franks is blocking and making those important drive sustaining catch we used to see him make 3+ years ago.

We also our developing some guys on the PS like Ryan Krause and whatever that 7th rounder's name was.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
We also our developing some guys on the PS like Ryan Krause and whatever that 7th rounder's name was.

The 7th rounder was Clark Harris. He was cut from the practice squad when they acquired Ryan Krause.

thanks i couldn't think of his name to save my life! guess he's gone though!

(off topic but how sick would it be to get a kellen winslow / antonio gates type in GB? talk about an offensive juggernaut!)

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to go Bubba. He has definitely along with the other tight end have both produced more then i expected. They have caught most of what has been thrown at them and have even made some yards after the catch which is something that did not happen last year at all. I badly wanted a FA or Greg Olson but they have produced very nicely. Hopefully they can keep up the good work.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone have the stats by year of how many attempts were thrown to Bubba? I think there was a drop off last year due to blocking requirements.

Members online

Latest posts