Questions about Lambeau's policies.

mentalcase

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So my dad and I are flying out Saturday to see our first game at Lambeau. Photography is a big hobby of mine and I really want to bring my stuff out for the game. The website says that they allow cameras with a lens smaller then 12" but then there is a paragraph under it that says small cameras are allowed if not in a bag. So basically i can bring my camera with lens attached but no bag?? Has anyone ever brought camera equipment into Lambeau field?

I really just want to bring my camera and 2 small lenses in a compact bag. Thanks in advance.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know a lot of member have taken pictures at games but as to the fine details, and because you are running out of time, just get the word from the horses mouth, Green Bay Packers Incorporated. 920-569-7500.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I took my NIKON d40 with the 18-55 lens and brought a 55-200 in my wifeys purse in 2007.... I'm not sure if they have changed the rules...I am bringing the same equipment on Sunday nite also...but i carried my camera in loosley... I really doubt that you can bring any kind of bag in... I never have... others might be able to chime in...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldnt bring cameras that the lens can be swapped out..That is what they are referring to I bet

This is mine

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And comes with its own bag, they searched the bag and I had no issues..

Just be prepared to have anything and everything searched that your trying to bring in..

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Weapons, bags, backpacks, coolers, umbrellas, duffel bags, large purses, fanny packs, obstructive banners and signs are all strictly prohibited, as are food & beverages, video cameras and still photo cameras with lenses over 12 inches. The following exceptions are worth noting: Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are allowed if carried loosely (not in a bag). Small purses, not exceeding 8x10x12 inches, are permitted but subject to search. Small cameras, binoculars and cellular phones are acceptable if carried loosely (not in a case).

I think you will be fine with a DSLR camera with detachable lens just as long as the lens isnt over 12" according to packers.com/gameday/gameday-information

Like I said I got in with my Nikon D40 with an extra lens in my wifes purse but you never how strict the security is going to be...

I tried to take my D40 to a Spurs game at the AT&T center and they told me I couldnt bring my camera in... I was a little upset but when I got home and checked their website and it specificly said that cameras with "detachable" lenses werent allowed...but on packers.com it doesnt specify if the lens can be detachable or not it just says it cant be over 12"... I dont know any point and shoot camera that has a non detachable lens that is bigger than 12"...

OP
OP
M

mentalcase

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to call tomorrow morning before boarding the plane. I'd really hate not being able to bring my stuff in. It is my first and likely only trip to Green Bay, i want to take a ton of pictures. Thanks for the info guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts