Questioning Rodgers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems this has been the summer to take hits on Rodgers character. First Jennings, which I get, he left and he is bitter blah blah, makes sense he would attack the face of the franchise. second you get some thinly veiled comments from Driver and that seemed a little odd. That didnt really make much sense to me. Next up you have Jeff Saturday who didnt exactly take Rodgers to the woodshed, but didnt back him up either.

Add in his friendship with that sleezy Ryan Braun and do you start to question more about the highest paid player in the league? Will this become more of an issue as time goes on? Clearly in Wisconsin sports everyone has learned even the biggest heroes can be toppled from the mountaintop.

Or is this just a bump in the road and a personal disagreement between a couple teammates that carried over into the public? Woodson defended Rodgers and said he had no idea what they were talking about. I take Charles word for it, he has nothing to gain at this point.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It seems this has been the summer to take hits on Rodgers character. First Jennings, which I get, he left and he is bitter blah blah, makes sense he would attack the face of the franchise. second you get some thinly veiled comments from Driver and that seemed a little odd. That didnt really make much sense to me. Next up you have Jeff Saturday who didnt exactly take Rodgers to the woodshed, but didnt back him up either.

Add in his friendship with that sleezy Ryan Braun and do you start to question more about the highest paid player in the league? Will this become more of an issue as time goes on? Clearly in Wisconsin sports everyone has learned even the biggest heroes can be toppled from the mountaintop.

Or is this just a bump in the road and a personal disagreement between a couple teammates that carried over into the public? Woodson defended Rodgers and said he had no idea what they were talking about. I take Charles word for it, he has nothing to gain at this point.
Neither does Saturday though !

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As long as #12 gets the damn job done, who gives a crap,really?

Jennings = bitter ex-wife syndrome

Driver = Who really knows what he was saying, don't read into it to much like the ****** media does. Driver is a good guy, might just be upset a tad that he didn't get play time his last season.

Saturday = ?? who knows. May be slighted by thae fact that he got benched near seasons end because he was showing his age and was getting worked over on the field.

Woodson = He has nothing to lose nor gain by whatever he says, good or bad. So I think I would take his word on the situation. he does have some green running through his blood stream, bet on that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

My point exactly......As long as he keeps us in the hunt for championships and superbowls, who gives a crap ?

lol_wut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers holds players accountable. If a bunch of grown *** men can't handle taking responsibility for their mistakes on the field, then get off my team. I'll never buy this BS about the QB needing to take the fall in the media for receivers ******** up their routes or missing a block. Rodgers has on more than one occasion taken the blame when he has needed to and that's all he needs to do.

Pretty easy to see that Saturday could be bitter. He was beyond washed up by the start of last season and it showed quickly on the field. Then he was benched and while I'll give him credit for stepping aside and not making a scene, it's not hard to see that he could still hold some resentment over that.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I stated in a similar thread last month, the writing is on the wall about Rodgers. He may not be as squeaky-clean as we/the media like to think, but he's a solid guy that isn't getting DUI's, ****** anybody, or making it rain at strip clubs. His attitude might be a little caustic to some teammates, but he is one of the best QBs in the league. I can live with personality flaws.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It also might just be a case of "hard *** boss". The QB is the boss and can and should be a hard ***. But, when you work hard and do what your told, a hard *** boss has no issues with you and respects you, but if you slack off and are some sort of premadona he may just be more prone to taking a chunk out of your *** to try to bring you back down to earth. I would rather have a ball buster boss than some slack *** pu$$y.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Jennings: Butthurt
Driver: He made us own up to our mistakes instead of taking the fall for us like we wanted.
Saturday: Leave me the hell out of it
Woodson: I got his back

Translation: Everyone leads their own way, and the media's job is to generate as high a rating as it can, for which it will do/say anything, especially if it is controversial, making it therefore untrustworthy by it's very nature.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I pretty much agree with what all has been said.

Another point: Aaron stood up for EDS and kind of called him the starter in the middle of last year. While Saturday is the consummate professional, he may have felt slightly slighted by this.

Aaron never really made a statement about needing Greg back, did he?

Aaron stood up for Woodson big time last off-season, calling him a core player, and that retaining him should be a "top priority".

12theTruth

As I stated in a similar thread last month, the writing is on the wall about Rodgers. He may not be as squeaky-clean as we/the media like to think, but he's a solid guy that isn't getting DUI's, ****** anybody, or making it rain at strip clubs. His attitude might be a little caustic to some teammates, but he is one of the best QBs in the league. I can live with personality flaws.

I'd call it more a a personality quirk than a flaw. To be more of a flaw I'd think we'd have been hearing more from those players while they still had the Packers uniform on their back. When its after the fact there is always an element of sour grapes involved.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flaw or quirk, who cares? We are talking about the same thing here.

Do you really think that anybody currently in the organization would speak out against Rodgers? MM would chew their butt out for speaking against the organization and Packer fans worldwide would go insane. It would be like the scene from Airplane:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We live in the Midwest, otherwise known as the passive-aggressive capital of the world. How many times have you pointed out your boss's flaws to him, versus doing while sipping suds with co-workers at happy hour?

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Nobody thought he was "squeaky clean," the man is human just like everyone else.

As for "the writing is on the wall" I'd question the validity of the wall and the author in Jennings' case and like others have said, Driver saying "he didn't take the fall for us when we made a mistake" doesn't make sense. I mean, these guys are paid millions, and they can't own up to their mistakes when they make them and need to hide behind Aaron to somehow protect them?

Not really sure how that constitutes "writing on the wall" or automatically means they're right and Rodgers is guilty of something because right now nothing I've heard is a concern.

I also don't believe there is a problem in the locker room which is where it really matters.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if a guy who was a millionaire in his first job out of college, who has people clamoring for his attention 24-7 and is in constant demand from all of those around him might have a character flaw or two.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as #12 gets the damn job done, who gives a crap,really?

Jennings = bitter ex-wife syndrome

Driver = Who really knows what he was saying, don't read into it to much like the ****** media does. Driver is a good guy, might just be upset a tad that he didn't get play time his last season.

Saturday = ?? who knows. May be slighted by thae fact that he got benched near seasons end because he was showing his age and was getting worked over on the field.

Woodson = He has nothing to lose nor gain by whatever he says, good or bad. So I think I would take his word on the situation. he does have some green running through his blood stream, bet on that.

Driver was trying to be Diplomatic, he attempted to exonerate both his former QB and his one time mentee. Unfortunately Drive failed miserably.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually find it slightly humorous how folks on these forums throw stones at Jennings, Driver, and Saturday (a little), saying that they are just bitter for various reasons. These guys were some of the most well-respected guys in the Green Bay locker room before they left. I think some of us can't face the possibility that there might be truth in what these guys are saying. Bitter? Probably. Wrong? Probably not.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually find it slightly humorous how folks on these forums throw stones at Jennings, Driver, and Saturday (a little), saying that they are just bitter for various reasons. These guys were some of the most well-respected guys in the Green Bay locker room before they left. I think some of us can't face the possibility that there might be truth in what these guys are saying. Bitter? Probably. Wrong? Probably not.

I've got to concur on this. Don't know anything about what goes on in the locker room or between the players and I seriously doubt anyone here does either. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL, no doubt about that. That doesn't mean he's perfect at everything and that doesn't mean that people that know him far better than the public are automatically bitter if they have something to say about Rodgers other than "he's the best human being every born".

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares what Jennings, Driver, Saturday or Woodson have to say about Rodgers! You don't think that Brady or Manning chew *** on teammates? All of these hyper-competitive players are arrogant, confident, work extremely hard and expect the same from teammates. The only question, is Rodgers doing the job that he is paid for? And that would be a resounding YES! Until the time when he is not doing his job, then fans have nothing to complain about. Rodgers has been nothing but a superb representative of the GBP!

Last edited:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Meh, sorry, but Jennings lost me when he kept taking shot after shot, not only at Rodgers, but at the team as a whole. I mean, even his coach had to step in and tell him to ****, so it's obvious he was bitter. Coupled with his sister's ill-advised and flat stupid comments, and you have to believe there was some hostility when Jennings was looking to be "The Guy," and instead he was treated like "Just Another Guy."

As for Driver, I read, and re-read the comments, and I didn't take them to be anything more than a possible explanation into Jennings' mindset.

I never saw what Saturday had to say, but honestly, I don't really care. He wasn't with us long enough for me to have an opinion on anything.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My kid tossed his Jennings' jersey into a campfire last night. :tdown: :cautious: I've never purchased a jersey with a player's name on the back...this was one of those jerseys with the stitched name and number it ... ah well, what ya gonna do?? All that we, as parents, can do is get you kids to age 18, 19 ... max 22 years old and, if you haven't been convicted of being a serial killer, we can consider ourselves successful parents. :whistling:

Members online

Latest posts