Question from a Bills fan

bozman949

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, Bozman here, I usually post over on the Buffalo Range (The Bills fan site). Let me 1st say that while I am not a Packer fan, I definetly feel a kinship w/you guys being that we're the smallest markets in the league. Also, I was in Two Rivers/Manitowoc for a wedding a few years ago and drank some purple beer - anybody know what that was?

OK, on to my point, I know it is a little premature to discuss the Packers vs Bills game, but since many Bills fans are calling for JP Losman's head (I am not one of them) and since going to Kelly Holcomb isn't building for the future, many fans just want us to hand the reigns over to your former #3 QB Craig Nall.

I don't want to discuss our QB quandry as I realize we're stuck with JP for the forseeable future. I just kind of wanted to get a feel for what you guys think about Craig Nall. Why did the Pack let him go? Was he given a legit shot at being the backup? Is there anything we should watch for when he is playing? Do these fans have any merit in suggesting that Craig Nall could be a viable NFL QB?

Thanks for your time.
-Boz

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nall wanted the chance to start and with Favre he, he wasnt going to get it..

I personally like Nall a lot and if it was preseason or mop up time in games he always did a great job..

All he needs is a shot to show what he can do, but maybe something is going on with the Bills practices that are telling the coaches he isnt the guy?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nall was not a great performer in practice, but he showed his skills when on the field. He has a strong accurate arm and tends to make some good reads.

Every year he was in GB, management brought in guys to try and replace him as the backup. Every year he beat out those guys, except last year with Rodgers. It became obvious that Rodgers was ahead of him, so I think that he signed with the Bills as a FA because of a better situation. In GB, he didn't know if Favre would retire or not and even if he did, Rodgers was likely ahead of him.

I think he's a solid QB who can be a started in this league. I'm surprised that he's only #3 in Buffalo, but it may be that they're just giving every chance for Losman to develop into the starter. I was sad to seem him leave GB and I hope he does well.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With TT drafting Rodgers, it was clear that Nall wasn't going to be the #2 guy here and #1 when Brett left. It was obvious that the Packers management didn't see Nall as the future QB here. I think he is a lifetime backup which ain't a bad gig in the NFL if you can get it. If the bills bench Losman they should give Nall a chance. You know what Holcomb can do and your season is done. Why not see what Nall can do?

As far as that purple stuff your drank??? Sounds like some good oldfashioned Barney P1ss!!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked him and thought he did well in the limited amount of time to play he was given.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd very much like to see what he could do. Sorry to say but right now what do the Bills have to lose. Would be a great story to see him starting against the Pack

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nall? Afraid all I can say is he wears his baseball cap well :lol: The few times he actually got into a game he did alright though.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his Hall of Fame stats speak for themselves.

23/33 314yards 4TDs 0ints 139.4 rating.

He did most of that in one game too

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we had a legitimate successor to Favre in Nall until Rodgers was drafted #1, then the handwriting was on the wall.
I was shocked that Nall ended up being #3 in Buffalo. I would have thought (as I guess he did) that he had a chance to start over there.

I hope they don't decide to start him against the Pack. That would scare me.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, too, had thought, and even hoped, that Craig Nall would be the next starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. Who knows, maybe even Ted Thompson thought as much until Aaron Rodgers fell down to #24 in the draft.

OP
OP
B

bozman949

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys! As far as Nall being our #3, he had a hamstring injury during training camp that kept him out 2 1/2 weeks, so JP won kind of by default. People have been clamoring in support of him and I coudn't understand why, thanks for the inside dish.

Purple Haze wasn't the beer unfortunately, it was some obscure micro brew from up there. I'll have to call my buddy and ask. Other than that beer, I drank a lot of Blatz and Old Style. I had a great time and it was really nice - reminds me of western NY, nobody thinks it ever has a summer until you visit and see for yourself.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Boz! Nice to hear from you.

It's pretty much as the others say - but it doesn't seem to me that Craig was given a fair chance at No 2 once Aaron Rodgers arrived. Ted had invested too much in his No 1 draft pick.

Nall never did anything wrong - worked hard, beat out a number of contenders to take his roster spot, and seemed like a model citizen. Sure hope he gets his chance with you guys, and that he does well! :thumbsup:

Hope both our seasons improve!

Chris

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys! As far as Nall being our #3, he had a hamstring injury during training camp that kept him out 2 1/2 weeks, so JP won kind of by default. People have been clamoring in support of him and I coudn't understand why, thanks for the inside dish.

Purple Haze wasn't the beer unfortunately, it was some obscure micro brew from up there. I'll have to call my buddy and ask. Other than that beer, I drank a lot of Blatz and Old Style. I had a great time and it was really nice - reminds me of western NY, nobody thinks it ever has a summer until you visit and see for yourself.

hmmm...purple beer, blatz, AND *********?!? you were just beggin for a hangover, weren't ya?!? LOL!

welcome to the site, boz. i also thought Nall was gonna be our #2. i think he's got some talent & would be an ok QB for you guys. good luck with the rest of the season. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts