Question for the Moderator

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does this forum have ads for Vikings jerseys, especially ones with no. 4 on them? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to sell ads for them on a Viking forum??

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I "think" it is generated for nfl items..

I am not sure about the ads here Rob can answer that..

but I think you set a certain criteria and it cycles through items

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its sad but I know many people who call themselves packer fans that own one of those jerseys.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, i think a topic with this exact question came up earlier... can't find it in search, but I think longtime is right, its randomly generated. And because there's a lot of "Favre" discussion, that's what comes up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I do think it is odd, and its a good question too..but just because we are a "packer" forum, doesnt mean people wouldnt want a Brett jersey

I know a FEW like that.....

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ads are served through Google. Google will analyze a site's keywords and picks ads to display they think are most relevant and will get clicks. I can blackball a few sites if the ENTIRE site is vikings specific, but most of the time they are NFL shops for all teams.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure ads are related to the page you're on. At least I think that's how it works. I haven't seen ads in awhile.

God I love FireFox.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ads are served through Google. Google will analyze a site's keywords and picks ads to display they think are most relevant and will get clicks. I can blackball a few sites if the ENTIRE site is vikings specific, but most of the time they are NFL shops for all teams.

Thanks, good answer. I'll try to inform Google of The Interceptor's status with real Packer fans.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good answer. I'll try to inform Google of The Interceptor's status with real Packer fans.

Sadly, we are going to have to wait for Favre to retire before we get rid of all Viking ads. Even then, since they are in our division we might see some lingering ads.

towanda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does this forum have ads for Vikings jerseys, especially ones with no. 4 on them? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to sell ads for them on a Viking forum??
I can't get links to open. I don't have this problem on other sites????

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say I still own a Favre jersey (a GBP jersey, obviously)... I said I'd burn one, but I couldn't...

I am the same way, I had the Favre jersey when he led us to a SB win, it's part of our history. I don't wear it anymore, but I wont get rid of it. Saving it for my man cave wall.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am the same way, I had the Favre jersey when he led us to a SB win, it's part of our history. I don't wear it anymore, but I wont get rid of it. Saving it for my man cave wall.
I've actually written on it with a cd market lol.
Wrote 12 and Aaron Rodgers on it.
Don't judge me, don't have a lot of money right now and shipment to Brazil is hard.

But am buying a #12 jersey, with the SB patch on it! Too bad it's white, couldn't find a green one my size.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its sad but I know many people who call themselves packer fans that own one of those jerseys.

I have one, I keep it in a glass case in the bathroom. It has a brass placard on it that reads

" Break glass only for emergency *sswipe ONLY!"

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I had two #4' jerseys; 1 white & 1 green. I still wore them when he went to the Jets. 1st year w/Vikings they were shoved to the back of the closet. 2nd year w/Vikings, the jerseys along with all other BF memorabilia went to GoodWill. The "Post Favre" therapy sessions & heavy medication were persuasive in my not burning it all.

Members online

Latest posts