1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about RB Moreno

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackersRS, Apr 3, 2009.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I've heard that this guy is like LT, but a little bit slower. If that's indeed the case, it wouldn't be a terrible choice picking him. A great RB sure changes a lot, if we had a good running game last year we would win a lot more. I prefer picking a player at the defensive front seven, or an OL, because I think the problem in our running game is more at the line than at the runner, but our runners are GOOD at best, and a GREAT RB can overcome a mediocre line. Anyone has any info/opinion about Moreno???

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Yes, I would love it if we'd draft someone at a position that we already have decent depth at. It was fun to draft Jordy Nelson first last year so he could be our fourth receiver.

I realize that dripped with sarcasm, but I really didn't like the Nelson pick, regardless of the fact that he turned out to be a decent receiver.

But, if Ted really drafts the best player available, I wouldn't rule Moreno out. I also wouldn't rule Mark Sanchez out. Or Michael Crabtree if he falls.

3. GJ85

GJ85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not ruling Crabtree out either, all depending how he has him rated we could have the best five wide corp in the leagure

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm also agains drafting players at a position we have depth. But this is different from Jenkins, or Crabtree. Woodson and Jennings are one of the best in the league, and those guys wouldn't improve our team right now. But Grant is an OK runner, who can be good with a decent line. But if Moreno is such an improvement over Grant, like Peterson was over Taylor, than I wouldn't mind taking him...

5. Aa-rodg_is_cool

Aa-rodg_is_cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Moreno would be a good pick if we didn't have so many other needs, and I think TT is gonna focus on the defense with the #9 pick.. And whose to say that Grant would be the starter next year? In my opinion Bjax was the better back last year.. OO yeah and he knows how to catch footballs.. but We'll see what happens though

6. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    how much of the running trouble was O-line injuries last year though? That's the question.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Oh, in my opinion the problem was the line, not the runner... But again, Barry Sanders had a worse line than ours... A great back can run despite his line...