Queens release another WR-Marcus Robinson

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sayin we should, not sayin we shouldn't- just wondering if anyone thinks the Pack should take interest.

And no, I don't have a link yet, just heard it on Sirius.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Not sayin we should, not sayin we shouldn't- just wondering if anyone thinks the Pack should take interest.

You know why they cut him? He's leading the Vikings in TD receptions.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

RU Kidding? should TT consider him?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks.

He hasn't had more than 700 Recieving yards since the 2000 season.

Why even bother with him at this point in the season? Even if it was Week 2 I would say "No Thanks"

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
pack_in_black said:

RU Kidding? should TT consider him?

Well, he should consider everybody. But should he make a move for him? That's the tougher decision.

Depends on how TT feels how far along R Martin is, when KRob will be back and how soon will he be up to par again, plus whoever else we'll be looking at in the offseason.

The guy is 6'3", which is definitely a plus. But statistically, he has been on a decline 3 years in a row. Hard to say, I don't know the Vikings that well.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he should consider everybody. But should he make a move for him? That's the tougher decision.

Depends on how TT feels how far along R Martin is, when KRob will be back and how soon will he be up to par again, plus whoever else we'll be looking at in the offseason.

The guy is 6'3", which is definitely a plus. But statistically, he has been on a decline 3 years in a row. Hard to say, I don't know the Vikings that well.

He's been in decline since 1999. 1400 Yards in his 2nd season and what has he done since? Nothing that Ruvell Martin can't do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yes. Bring him aboard. Why?

By putting in a claim for Robinson, the new team gets a chance to eyeball him through the offseason. As long as he is released before the first regular season game next year, he'd be owed no salary for 2007.

That is why.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
released

FOXSports.com has learned that Marcus Robinson's ongoing struggles with Vikings coach Brad Childress will cost him his job in Minnesota.

According to a source close to the situation, the wide receiver has been cut.
Robinson was surprisingly placed on the inactive list for last Sunday's game against the Jets, even though the wideout said he was well enough to play.

In an interview with the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Robinson was asked about his relationship with Childress and whether it would impact his future in Minnesota.

"I want to be here," Robinson said. "Minnesota has been good to me. I've done well, with the circumstances I've had to deal with it. It's not far from my home in Chicago.

"I'd like to work things out with coach. But I don't know my relationship with coach Childress. What did I do? Tell me what I did for you to treat me the way you do?"

Evidently it's too late for Robinson and Childress to work things out.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikes' Robinson called outposted: Sunday, December 24, 2006

Brad Childress apparently isn't going to take much criticism of his play-calling. Wide receiver Marcus Robinson took issue with Childress' play-calling in a published story over the weekend. Now, he's been informed he will be released this week.

His days in Minnesota were numbered anyway. He was inactive for the first Chicago Bears game even though he was healthy and he didn't play in the Jets game because of a hip injury that didn't appear to be too bad.

Robinson came to the Vikings as a deep threat. He is sixth on the team with 29 catches for 381 yards and four touchdowns. The timing of his comments probably sped up the timing of his release.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
get him right away, what a chance! He's better than Koren and not an alcoholic, so why not?

I say because of this "By putting in a claim for Robinson, the new team gets a chance to eyeball him through the offseason. As long as he is released before the first regular season game next year, he'd be owed no salary for 2007." we have nothing to lose, so why not bring him in. He might be bitter towards the Vikings an use that to play better.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a believer in trying ANYTHING within reason. I believe Robinson is within reason. Our present staff at WR is nothing to crow about. But I doubt TT will be willing to pay him for the last game this year. Some team will do it though because he has one year left under the old contract.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen M.R. in Chicago (and some in Minny obviously) and I have NEVER EVER EVER been impressed by him.

With that said, we don't have much behind Driver and Jennings, so why not.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carlyle Holiday isn't working well at #4 WR so maybe we should give him a shot

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

He isn't? I thought he was doing pretty good considering he was jus thrown in the mix.

When they signed him, he didn't even get the playbook. He was thrown directly onto the field and had to be told what his route was each snap.

After a full week of practice as the 4th WR he got 3 catchs for 36 yards. I thought that was good for a 4th WR. :shrug:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:

He isn't? I thought he was doing pretty good considering he was jus thrown in the mix.

When they signed him, he didn't even get the playbook. He was thrown directly onto the field and had to be told what his route was each snap.

After a full week of practice as the 4th WR he got 3 catchs for 36 yards. I thought that was good for a 4th WR. :shrug:

Dont get me wrong he isn't doing bad, and for sure I'm rooting for him. The Pack need another playmaker on the Wide Receiver side, Driver gets most of the load and IMO the spark from Jennings lowers a little, as the spark from Ruvell Martin rises a little. From Holiday we've seen 3 games, 4 receptions for 39 yards (5.8 Yards a catch) that doesn't look bad. Then look at the only 13 yards a game, I think Marcus Robinson could maybe get a little more than 13. Although I can understand, its just 3 games and given more time he may be great.

V

Vikeman

you guys are set at WR. The knock on Robinson is his ability to stay healthy and his work ethic. He has the tools and the mold to be a great WR.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say get him. We desperately need a solid number three with Driver and Jennings. Heck, even a solid two and move Jennings to three until he gets a little more consistent (I love the guy don't get me wrong.. maybe he just needs more of a compliment).

As Zero said, what have we to lose?

Members online

Latest posts