Queens @ Packers OFFICIAL GAME THREAD!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Zero2Cool said:
Ryan said:
A win yes, a worse draft pick is what we get :)

Still love beating and sweeping the vikes though so it's worth it!

Ya know someone on the radio called in an said something similar.

I was driving so I didn't get a chance to call in an slam him for it.

A better draft pick is not decided by WHERE you pick its HOW you pick. You can pick at number 20 every year an be better than those in the top five IF you pick the right guy.

That's the key. Selecting the right player, not where you pick.

WIN, WIN WIN WIN. Don't go San Antonio Spurs an tank a season to get Tim Duncan!!

Winning is confidence, winning makes free agents look at your team more appealing. WINNING IS GOOD!

And if that "right player" goes 7th and you are sitting on a 20 pick, I bet that loss or two wouldn't have been that big of a deal since you didn't even make the playoffs anyway.

Gee, you got me. I forgot there is only ONE good player in each draft. :roll:

There are many good players in the draft. You have to find the right guys for your system.

Where was Donald Driver selected?
Where was Aaron Kampman selected?

I'm not saying they should be taken in the first round. I'm saying there is plenty of talented players. You have to have a General Manager who is equipped with the knowledge to get them where you select.

You think its cool to lose to get high picks. I think its idiotic to lose to get high picks with the idea thats the best way to get the best player. Not YOU being idiotic, just the theory.

I'd rather win, make the most of the picks that you got where you get them.

Thats all. :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Agreed. I like to see my team win. Not to see them lose so they can get a good draft. DD is our MVP this year (or Kampman) and neither were first round draft picks. In fact, if my memory actually works this time, wasn't DD a 7th round pick?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
So since there are many great picks in the later rounds we should trade our first round for several 4th,5th,6th (or later?)round picks?

That's genius! We kind of suck with our 1st selections lol

I dunno. If we had Mike Sherman, I'd say YES. With Ted, I think it's best to let him pick wherever we land and win as many games as we can to make the team more attractive to free agents.

Members online

Latest posts