Quarterbacks- Is 2020 the year for Aaron Rodgers Replacement?

Should the packers draft a QB early in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This is the big question, right? I am personally OK waiting another year, but I think this draft has way more QBs to choose from. If we are going this route, I think it needs to be done right. Draft a QB in the first round. A lot can happen between now and the draft, but personally I like Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason (in terms of who is realistically availably at #30)...But at the end of the day, I want a WR at #30, because I want the packers to win a superbowl next year.

Grode80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me personally I’d like to wait a year and maybe Trevor Lawrence somehow falls to the Packers, as long as the Pack can improve upon this season. He’s a guy I’d be very excited about!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doubt it, without major injury, he's going to be the QB for at least 3 more without question

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me personally I’d like to wait a year and maybe Trevor Lawrence somehow falls to the Packers, as long as the Pack can improve upon this season. He’s a guy I’d be very excited about!

If we have the 1st pick, we'll be able to take Lawrence. That's as far as he's "falling".

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way contracts are, I don't see any point to devoting a high round pick towards a QB yet. Next year is the earliest we can talk about that, imo.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we go for a replacement yet. I am hopeful that Rodgers still has enough juice to win a lot of games. I think his biggest challenge was learning the intricacies of the new offense.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This won't happen because there will be nobody to pick. There are some experts(myself included that think 5-6 QBs could be gone by 15. I think it's closer to 18 but still that's a lot of talent on the board for us at 30th.

The rest of the QBs available are 5th Rounders at best but because of the rush on the top QBs in the first some of them may even sneak into the compensatory picks in the 3rd Round. None of those guys is the heir to Rodgers.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only QBs I like from this years QB prospects are Tua and Burrow. Tua seems to always be injured and had crazy talent around him. Individual workout will dictate if it was him or his talented teammates that boosted that offense. Burrow played extremely well this year, but how did he improve so much this year? Only scouts will know. but those two are the only QBs I really like. Montez & Hurts cant throw. Herbert is indecisive -- one read QB.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Sunshine is going in the top 5 and maybe #1 in 2021 unless something happens to drop his draft postion.

Reaction score
I agree with Z’adarius. He’s got quite a bit left in the tank. I mean 8 out of 12 seasons he passed for more than 4,000 yards?.. A couple of the ones he missed he was on that pace and succumbed to injury and another season he missed by less than 100 yards? He also has had only a few seasons with double digit INT and that’s just remarkable. Not to mention he’s done all that with arguable average to below average resources around him.

The Packers past FO have overwhelmingly ignored the level of talent around #12 in comparison to Defensive assets, yet Aaron is still routinely in the top 10 QB’s year after year.

Just a phenomenal career in comparison to the number of good starting QB’s that have come through the NFL. We are a very spoiled fan base that’s what I think. I hope he’s able to stay on his feet because he’s on pace to break some elite level QB records if he plays into his early 40’s.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts