Quarless atop NYG list

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen, this forum is full of Finley threads pre-injury that questioned whether we should keep the guy on the team. Injury aside, the guy is an amazing receiving talent with mediocre blocking skills and questionable commitment. He's never had a blockbuster season, rather he has blockbuster games followed by anonymous games.

To me it comes down to cost. If he's realistic about his contract, I have zero problem bringing Finley back. However, without Finley in the mix I think that TT has the ability to focus on drafting a good tight end. We've played enough games without Jermichael to know that the offense doesn't revolve around him. Additionally, I question whether he would be a benefit or hindrance to Eddie Lacy and the running game. As much as I love the matchup problem that Finley creates, and the QB-TE bond that he developed recently with Rodgers, I think that can be replaced through the draft with those cap dollars being better spent on defense.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM has already said the Finley injury is much different than the Collins injury and he hopes to have Finley back this year. He said nothing about getting Quarless back. I would agree I would much rather have Finley than Quarless but if we are gonna lose Finley then Quarless and Graham not a terrible back up plan. One of them should be good enough to claim starting job while the other would be a good number 2 TE. Then you got Bostik and Taylor to fill out the depth chart. Bostik is an ascending player and Raymond Webber I have not heard of either. but if you YouTube his highlight film from college it is impressive. He was a WR then but he takes everything to the house and tacklers just fall off him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Raymond Webber I have not heard of either. but if you YouTube his highlight film from college it is impressive. He was a WR then but he takes everything to the house and tacklers just fall off him.

Forget about Webber. I have no idea why the Packers signed him, but that guy hasn´t played a meaningful down of football in three years.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Listen, this forum is full of Finley threads pre-injury that questioned whether we should keep the guy on the team. Injury aside, the guy is an amazing receiving talent with mediocre blocking skills and questionable commitment. He's never had a blockbuster season, rather he has blockbuster games followed by anonymous games.

To me it comes down to cost. If he's realistic about his contract, I have zero problem bringing Finley back. However, without Finley in the mix I think that TT has the ability to focus on drafting a good tight end. We've played enough games without Jermichael to know that the offense doesn't revolve around him. Additionally, I question whether he would be a benefit or hindrance to Eddie Lacy and the running game. As much as I love the matchup problem that Finley creates, and the QB-TE bond that he developed recently with Rodgers, I think that can be replaced through the draft with those cap dollars being better spent on defense.

I hear ya all the way man..... but if the price is right, like you said, we should give him a return shot. He was starting to really come around and show some toughness before being injured. He already knows the offense, and we sure as hell missed min in the redzone, that was clearly evident..... we had no mismatch guy. I don't think he would hurt the Lacy run game, it's not like our other TE's are road grater blockers for Lacy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think this slams the door on us acquiring another TE in some way

H

HardRightEdge

Counting Lattimore on tender, that's 4 free agent signings, all incumbents. I would expect at least a 1/2 dozen more, internal or external.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts