Quarless atop NYG list

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

I don't really like Quarless but I certainly don't want to see any more of Ryan Taylor. Is crabtree a free agent again?

I don´t care about Quarless, as it seems Rodgers doesn´t look his way at all. Crabtree´s under contract with Tampa for another season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a big deal if Quarless leaves even if Finely goes as I don't think TE is that important of a position for the Packers. Their offense has been fine in recent years without really good TE's, including the Super Bowl season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless grew on me last year but he's certainly not someone I would get into a bidding war of any kind over.

Hoping we can land Garrett Graham from the Texans for relatively cheap.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wish Stoneburner wasn't such an idiot come game time. I thought he could do some things but he has failed every time I have seen him on the field. Penalties and dropped passes in the preseason and stupid, horrendous drive altering penalties on special teams during the season.

Bostick could be a real threat. I liked what I saw in his limited action. If he gets 1st team reps I think he could replace finley. Someone would need to do be the everything guy though that quarless was starting to be....blocking and a pass catching threat. Taylor can block but I haven't seen the pass part of his game since his td catch 2 years ago.

I have no idea who the Raymond Webber cat is that they have on the roster now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless grew on me last year but he's certainly not someone I would get into a bidding war of any kind over.
At a minimum price, Quarless is a decent talent that still has room to improve but I agree with the statement above

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Bostick could be a real threat. I liked what I saw in his limited action. If he gets 1st team reps I think he could replace finley.
A recent jsonline story talks about Bostick. He is a converted WR so his blocking has to improve.
In his second season, Bostick gained about 12 pounds to 257 and was more willing to mix it up. His new-found aggressiveness was most apparent to McCarthy in the 166 snaps he played on special teams. "When I see that it gives me hope because special teams is such a huge indicator on offense and defense," he said. "And he showed toughness blocking, too. Not consistently. His consistency on offense needs to be where it was on special teams."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...role-b99215433z1-247972581.html#ixzz2v7CrMtih

I would like Quarless back but like others I don't think he's worth getting into a bidding war over.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Pettigrew? Jacob Tammey ? Even the cat that was a stud for a lot of yrs in Indy and had that nice 1 handed catch last yr when we played. Baltimore . Forgot his name

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Pettigrew? Jacob Tammey ? Even the cat that was a stud for a lot of yrs in Indy and had that nice 1 handed catch last yr when we played. Baltimore . Forgot his name

Dallas Clark. I hope the Garrett Graham rumors are true. Otherwise find someone in the draft

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Quarless. I thought he was really starting to play good. He seemed to have a good connection for Flynn. If Rodgers were to throw him a few more balls in practice, he could develop some timing between them.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much depends on Bostick. There was a period where Finley's poor blocking made him less of a weapon too, and that got better in time. If the coaches think he can be the man then let Finley walk (unless they can get him on the cheap because of his injury) and only keep Quarless for backup money. They could probably get a better blocking TE than Taylor in the draft (Fedorowicz from Iowa is someone people keep bringing up) if they really want that, as this year Quarless didn't seem to be the blocker than he used to be.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Q could be effective in this offense. Not a lot of qbs can make you look good and throw you open like Rodgers. I'd sign a 1 yr deal and work my but off to have a great season . That's when you get paid and long term deals. Ask Dennis pitta .

Just|Me

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless never had a real chance to show his potential. first came that horrible injury and later he was terrible overlooked by ARod. Lots of times I saw him wide open on his route and #12 never even looked at him. However, I'm not telling he's a top TE and he's certainnly not worth a bidding war, but I wouldn't mind if he's back for a fair ammount of money. If Finley isn't back we don't have another TE on our roster who can catch AND block.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes getting a TE in the draft more of a consideration. Troy Niklas in round 2 may be someone the Pack has to look at very seriously. Or if not him, Fiedorwicz in round 3 or 4, although I don't know if he would last until the 4th round.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Surprised nobody has said it yet..... I hope we don't have to fart around and juggle with a TE, I hope finley can make a come back..... that way we have a good TE.

D

Deleted member 6794

Surprised nobody has said it yet..... I hope we don't have to fart around and juggle with a TE, I hope finley can make a come back..... that way we have a good TE.

As I´ve said repeatedly, I have serious doubts Finley will be cleared by the Packers doctors, or by any other team doctors in the NFL.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As I´ve said repeatedly, I have serious doubts Finley will be cleared by the Packers doctors, or by any other team doctors in the NFL.

Well, sorry man..... your doubts hold no water here. Unless you are a medical doctor and have personally examined finley, then you make that statement. it's a 50/50 shot, so flip a coin..... you may be right, you maybe be wrong. It's still to early to throw him away and talk some pipe dreams about jimmy graham or be blind that bostic or querless will be the answer.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, sorry man..... your doubts hold no water here. Unless you are a medical doctor and have personally examined finley, then you make that statement. it's a 50/50 shot, so flip a coin..... you may be right, you maybe be wrong.

Well, that´s fine. But history suggests teams haven´t risked clearing a player after C3-C4 fusion surgery.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
yes, and every injury is not the exact same. Manning had some serious fusion surgury as well, and I think he came back with a vengence. We will only know when the time comes for the decision.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, and every injury is not the exact same. Manning had some serious fusion surgury as well, and I think he came back with a vengence. We will only know when the time comes for the decision.

While his surgery was serious, he isn't using his head/neck area as a wheapon like Collins/Finley did/do. Not to say it was any less relevant of a comeback or surgery but the situations as far as risk goes are different because of the position IMO

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
While his surgery was serious, he isn't using his head/neck area as a wheapon like Collins/Finley did/do. Not to say it was any less relevant of a comeback or surgery but the situations as far as risk goes are different because of the position IMO

Ever see a slow-mo of a QB sack? watch the head and neck snap back..... ALL positions in the NFL carry the risk of injury, slightest going to punter/kicker. Other than that, the QB is the biggest target on the field....chop the head off the snake and the rest will die.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever see a slow-mo of a QB sack? watch the head and neck snap back..... ALL positions in the NFL carry the risk of injury, slightest going to punter/kicker. Other than that, the QB is the biggest target on the field....chop the head off the snake and the rest will die.

No you're absolutely right and I didn't mean to downplay his surgery by any means. Manning has also been sacked only 39 times in the past 2 years, Rodgers was sacked 51 times in 2012 just for comparisons sake. I don't think he takes nearly as many hits as a typical QB does. My point was that Manning doesn't use his head and neck area as a wheapon like others do so I do think the risk is minimized somewhat. But I agree with your points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts