QB's and Cap Space

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about how the Vikings are going to keep the players on the team due to cap space. Well let's look at that. In 2018 there are 4 teams (Niners, Lions, Saint and Falcons) that are paying out more in cap space for QB's than the Vikings. In 2019 that goes to two, the Saints and the Cardinals, with the Lions only 100k behind the Vikings. Now in 2020, the last year of Cousins deal, the Lions will still be paying more for QB's. However, the Saints will lose Brees, the Falcons will have to extend Ryan. The Packer will have to pay Rodgers. The Rams Goff. Right now their are 11 teams that have zero cap space allotted to QB's in 2020. Think about that. 1/3 of the NFL has no QB signed for 2020.

Browns
Buccaneers
Cardinals
Chargers
Cowboys
Falcons
Jets
Patriots
Rams
Seahawks
Titans

None of them have QB's signed for 2020.

The following have less than $1.3 million allocated for QB's in 2020.

Eagles
Broncos
Bills
Steelers
Packers
Giants

So, while everyone is talking how Cousins contract is going to have an impact on who the Vikings keep, I think they should be looking at some of these other teams and asking the same question.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't guess I understand the 1.3 number, in 2020 as of today the Packers have 100 million + in cap space.
You are correct, everybody will have to pay....... and the packers will pay most

Reaction score
NFLWhy do you think Aaron is being so nice to McCarthy? He's going to do everything he can to stay under the radar and not stir the pot until his $30+ million yearly contract is signed.

Aaron repeat after me.. " I love Mike Mcarthy and Gute.. they are a winning team" "I love Mike McCarthy and Gute, they are a winning team" "I love MM and Gute .. they are" Now say that every morning before breakfast in the mirror.. until I tell you to stop!"

Love,

your NFL agent ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptorman

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't guess I understand the 1.3 number, in 2020 as of today the Packers have 100 million + in cap space.
You are correct, everybody will have to pay....... and the packers will pay most
That's how much they have in QB money/contracts for 2020.

D

Deleted member 6794

Everyone keeps talking about how the Vikings are going to keep the players on the team due to cap space. Well let's look at that. In 2018 there are 4 teams (Niners, Lions, Saint and Falcons) that are paying out more in cap space for QB's than the Vikings. In 2019 that goes to two, the Saints and the Cardinals, with the Lions only 100k behind the Vikings. Now in 2020, the last year of Cousins deal, the Lions will still be paying more for QB's. However, the Saints will lose Brees, the Falcons will have to extend Ryan. The Packer will have to pay Rodgers. The Rams Goff. Right now their are 11 teams that have zero cap space allotted to QB's in 2020. Think about that. 1/3 of the NFL has no QB signed for 2020.

Browns
Buccaneers
Cardinals
Chargers
Cowboys
Falcons
Jets
Patriots
Rams
Seahawks
Titans

Eagles
Broncos
Bills
Steelers
Packers
Giants

So, while everyone is talking how Cousins contract is going to have an impact on who the Vikings keep, I think they should be looking at some of these other teams and asking the same question.

It's definitely true teams consistently aren't able to re-sign core players because of the salary cap once they have to pay huge bucks for their starting quarterback. The Vikings won't be any different and will most likely lose some of their guys currently still on their rookie deals.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Browns
Buccaneers
Cardinals
Chargers
Cowboys
Falcons
Jets
Patriots
Rams
Seahawks
Titans

Eagles
Broncos
Bills
Steelers
Packers
Giants

No one is saying the vikings are the only team that will have those problems. Being packer fans they are just the only team anyone cares about :D

Members online

Latest posts