QB Seneca Wallace

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Per Ed Werder of ESPN the Packers are signing QB Seneca Wallace who will be Aaron Rodgers backup

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How would Ed Werder know? Are they whispering this in the Dallas locker room since that is where he lives.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so it wasnt a trade that I was hearing..Wallace was let go last week...

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we switched Vince Young for Seneca Wallace and B.J Coleman for Scott Tolzien. Neither are bad moves especially considering Seneca ran a similar offense. But we better hope Rodgers doesn't go down within the first few weeks of the season so Wallace has time to catch up.

I'm one of the biggest Thompson supporters here, but... doesn't this backup quarterback thing all seem a little sloppy?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we switched Vince Young for Seneca Wallace and B.J Coleman for Scott Tolzien. Neither are bad moves especially considering Seneca ran a similar offense. But we better hope Rodgers doesn't go down within the first few weeks of the season so Wallace has time to catch up.

I'm one of the biggest Thompson supporters here, but... doesn't this backup quarterback thing all seem a little sloppy?
Ya...these moves are not typical TT. He wasted camp and the off season on 2 guys who have been cut. Now they have 2 new guys in who have missed the entire "Packer" off season. I think MM should shoulder the blame because I think he not TT is the one who put his neck out there to keep Harrell around. Coleman might be more on TT.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Hey, I'll come back from the dead to be a Packer's QB !

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it's more for info since he just got cut by the 49ers. He's better than Young and Coleman at this point since he knows the basic offense.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's more for info since he just got cut by the 49ers. He's better than Young and Coleman at this point since he knows the basic offense.

Former 49ers quarterback Seneca Wallace says the only reason San Francisco signed him this preseason was to squeeze fellow backup quarterback Colt McCoy to get a pay cut.

“I’ve been around this game long enough where I can see what’s going on,” Wallace told the Des Moines Register, “and I realized right away the reason they brought me here was to get Colt to take a pay cut.”

Wallace, who left the 49ers amid reports that he was retiring, said that in reality he just didn’t think San Francisco was the right place for him.

“I have not retired,” Wallace said. “I have just removed myself from the San Francisco situation because it wasn’t a perfect fit for me.”

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again - why all the scrambling....this is getting extremely weird. Almost looks desperate. Pick up a O-lineman for gosh sakes!! What is next? Sign Kickalicious and cut Missin? This doesn't look good at all.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't quite know what to make of it but ... maybe I've had too much coffee this morning already.

Hey... look at it this way, we'll never again have to listen to the boneheads who say that Aaron Rodgers is a "system quarterback" since there have been two failures in the system.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, If AR goes on the IR we are getting Clowney and going all in next season. ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO regarding Thompson and McCarthy’s decisions regarding backup QB since last season the question to ask is was it reasonable to expect either Harrell or Coleman to progress with another off season of QB school, TC, and preseason? My guess is they were expecting Coleman in particular to progress to the point they would trust him to backup Rodgers. IMO Coleman has an NFL arm and Harrell doesn’t so “all” Coleman had to do was gain more experience in the offense and become more consistent. Failing that, Harrell should be at least somewhat better than last season, right? Of course we now know neither happened but I do think it was reasonable to expect one of them to take another step forward. And that expectation explains why they didn’t bring in Young or another QB - until it was too late for Young IMO.

It turns out they were wrong and that sucks. But what would be worse is not admitting their mistake. Since I had no confidence in either Harrell or Coleman I’m glad they moved on.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we've signed Scott Tolzien to the practice squad and Seneca Wallace to be our backup. On top of letting arguably our best performing QB in pre-season go. Now granted, letting Young go was a half-way decent choice, not a slamdunk by any means, but a good decision. However putting Tolzien on the practice squad and Wallace as the back up makes NO sense. From what I've seen Wallace can't pass gas, let alone a football. I think some high-ranking packer exec with General Manager as his job title is sitting in his office listening to Sinatra's "My Way" today, and keeps playing 'aaaaaaaaaaaand noooowwwwwwwww the end is neeeeeeeeeeeeear' over and over and over. Maybe it's wishful thinking, who knows

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense is Wallace has run the WCO...other wise dumb move. Our backup qb situation is sloppy to say the least. Is Jeff Garcia still around?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts