1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

QB Question

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Wi. Mike now in Florida, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Greetings Packer Fans
    I have read all the rumors about Arron Rodgers jumping the fence and questioning his future with us.

They say his displeasure with us drafting Jordan Love without contacting him first, and wants more say in getting talent in camp.

(Remember when Britt Favre approached Ted Thompson to sign Randy Moss and felt rejected when he didn't.)

My Question:
    How much, if any, should your starting quarter be involved with the operations of any football team????

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    On Sundays every single possession.

In the "corporate" offense or meetings rooms, their input should always be part of the equation but not their voice IMO. Any good management always would keep the thoughts and input of their HOF QB on the table of any discussion, but they're the QB - not the GM, scout or management - I desperately don't want Gute analyzing tape and trying to tell Rodgers something he needs to tweek or change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Zero. Your premise is driven by a click bait article from someone expressing his opinion as news. That understood, an upset player right after a disappointing loss is not of a fair mind.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jpete66

Jpete66 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    If you watched/listen to Rodgers yesterday on Mcafee it showed how these Sports Media Vultures and that is what they are.....simple make up things. Then their buddies use the made up story to create a source. "A source is reporting". It is truly sickening... it is done in the news media as well. Everything Rodgers said was 100% true.. There are no guarantees. Futures are always uncertain. The Media takes that and states he wants out, he wants a new contract, a divorce is imminent. It is a joke. There is no doubt that the Adam Scheftters and Ian Rappaports, Mike Florio's and Colin Cowherds of the world have never put a helmet on in their life at any level. They have never done two a days and three a days in the Hot August Heat at any level. They no nothing of the sport they cover. Football is different than the other major sports and only those who have played the sport even at the high school level know that. So when that season ends emotions run high. To take an emotional and honest statement and spin and create complete BS out it shows how far journalism has fallen almost in all forms.

Rodgers wants to win and wants to win in Green Bay. He will have his say with his coach's and the front office. He does every year but to jump to where the Media has jumped is utter nonsense. I feel these media vultures make things like this up because Rodgers does give them what they feel they deserve. So they rail on him and when that is not enough why not just make things up and stir the pot some more. Rodgers is a better man than me I would tell all where to shove it but he knows he can't win that battle.

If you want to know what he feels and thinks just watch all the Mcafee shows. I wonder how the Florio's and Scheffters can say or print the things they do when you can watch it directly from Rodgers. They always say "our source" or "person close to Rodgers" etc. Well I heard directly from Rodgers and he says he doesn't give a Sh*t about these stories because there is "0" validity. These so-called journalist are nothing by jock sniffers who were never picked for any team who had no athletic ability but scored well in English. What they never will have is integrity or honesty.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Packer Fan Since:

Well Said.
    Just makes me wonder how that makes Rodgers feel reading all this false BS.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Watch the interview if you haven't. Rodgers makes it quite clear it is just annoying noise and ignorance essentially.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    They sure should have listened to Brett

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Ideally none directly or at least kept to minimum. It should be routed through the coach.

25% MLF
    25% Gute
    25% Russ
    20% Murphy
    5% ARod

is how I see ideal opinion weightage for short term decision making. If there are long term implications Mark Murphy will obviously get a bigger say.

9. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Any company who's success rides on one employee should definitely allow that employee to part of business decisions. Note, I said PART, that means you allow them input and take it into account.

10. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I hope you're joking.

Gutekunst definitely should be the one having the majority say in roster decisions. It makes sense to allow MLF to have an input regarding scheme fit as well as Ball providing financial advice but ultimately it's the GM making the final decision.

Murphy should completely stay out of football operations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Not at all. I always liked Randy. And he was a great player. We would have won a super bowl with him. imo And I think he would have loved to play with Brett.

• Like Like x 2
  12. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I sure agree with this. I hope it was not him that decided to elevate the new ST coach. And I hope they let LaFleur choose his own DC.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    He did play with brett and they didnt win a SB

14. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Packer Fan Since:
    In order for players to train/play and feel part of the origination, at one point they ALL
    should at lest have their turn to give their opinion(s) about the operations depending on which side of the ball their on.
    Then let management decide the final actions going forward

15. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Probably makes him laugh. If he ever read our forum and all the threads and posts created due to all the false B.S. about him, he might wonder why so many Packer fans are so prone to drinking the Kool-Aid.

16. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    You actually consider this relevant?

17. longtimefan

Packer Fan Since:
    I think he would have loved to play with Brett.

They did play together .. And they didnt win a SB..

All true statements

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Packer Fan in SD

Packer Fan in SD Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I may have never seen a more relevant post in all my time on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He played 4 games with Favre in Minnesota in the last year of his career. He did not catch many passes nor did he catch many passes with the two other teams he played with that year. When Favre wanted him in GB, he still had a lot of miles in the tank. Just look how he did in New England.
    Add: I guess he had one more year two years later with SF. Only just to show that he truly was over the hill.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  20. longtimefan

Packer Fan Since:
    I was at the gb game where he had alligator arms and refused to catch a ball

regardless if he was older, my statements were true, they played together and didn’t win a sb

if you wanted to make the point of only when Brett was ONLY PLAYING IN GB then that’s diff

21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    While Randy Moss was a great player the Packers not trading for him in 2007 shouldn't be used as evidence the front office should have listened to Favre.

I'm fine with the franchise quarterback voicing his opinion on possible moves but other players have no business being involved.

22. Heyjoe4

Heyjoe4 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Two points - 1) you're spot on about emotions being high after a stinging loss (check back with Rodgers in April), 2) add Wilbon and Kornheiser to the list of broadcast "experts" who say Rodgers is done with the Packers. These two guys in particular should be retired. Anyway, good post.

23. Heyjoe4

Heyjoe4 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Agreed. GB missed a chance when they let Moss go to NE. Ironically, that NE team was undefeated until they met the Giants in the SB. But yeah, GB could have had him while he had some good to great years left. That was an opportunity missed.

All that said, franchise players, especially someone as gifted as Rodgers, can have input into personnel decisions, but the GM has to own it and decide on any ties. Only Gluten will be evaluated for GB's personnel moves and draft, not anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1