QB Prospects

H

HardRightEdge

Cody Fajardo:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...o-of-nevada-has-look-of-draftable-quarterback

Good footwork, good arm, sound throwing mechanics, fleet of foot. 6'2", 220lbs., typical of Thompson/McCarthy QBs. Played in the same college offense as Kaepernick which would be quite handy on the scout team in prepping for teams that run some of that pesky spread/option stuff.

This guy has been working. His mechanics look much improved over his game clips from just a few months ago.

In this clip, had he been throwing to better receivers with better "catch radius" I don't think a ball would have hit the ground.

Word has it the Packers were at the Nevada Pro Day, and they would not have made the trip for any other Nevada guys in this draft who are 7th. round / UDFA types.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed Chris Bonner Colorado st Pueblo..... He is a BIG boy, 6'6" 231. He has good touch on his deep throws. I think with a couple years in MMs QB school. His footwork will improve, and his release will get faster. Then if he adds 10 pounds of muscle, we could have something there.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I noticed Chris Bonner Colorado st Pueblo..... He is a BIG boy, 6'6" 231. He has good touch on his deep throws. I think with a couple years in MMs QB school. His footwork will improve, and his release will get faster. Then if he adds 10 pounds of muscle, we could have something there.
For all intents and purposes, the "QB School" is a thing of the past with the 2011 collective bargaining agreement curtailing offseason activities. Mini-camp is 3 days; OTAs total 10 days.

Nowadays, college QB's work with "gurus" up through the draft on everything from NFL mechanics to interviewing.

With McCarthy's self-appointed expanded responsibilities, which I highly endorse, and with 90 guys to be looking at, I would expect him to leave more of the hands-on offensive coaching to Clements (Assistant Head Coach - Offense), Bennett (Offensive Coordinator) and Van Pelt (QB/WR Coach).

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes, the "QB School" is a thing of the past with the 2011 collective bargaining agreement curtailing offseason activities.
Yep. That part of the CBA hurt the Packers more than most teams because the Packers are among the youngest teams and bring in more UDFAs than many. Even so some teams train QBs better than others and I'll bet the Packers are in the former group.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Yep. That part of the CBA hurt the Packers more than most teams because the Packers are among the youngest teams and bring in more UDFAs than many. Even so some teams train QBs better than others and I'll bet the Packers are in the former group.
Few have done a very good job developing QBs over the last decade. It's a low bar.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think McCarthy trained his guys to teach his fundamentals. And over the course of the year they get the same effect as the old version of QB school. I didnt realize so much had changed... But now that you mention it, all these ***-contact practices, and no 2 a days... Its definately different.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts