1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Q & A with Ted Thompson

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Jul 30, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Enjoy. :)

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I want my five minutes back. That was a very disappointing discourgaging read. Ted seems iffy on everything except Rodgers and Hawk and not trading draft picks away for players.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That was too long for me to read (At this time, maybe later when im back from the Poultrygeist movie premiere in merriville. Yeah, I drop names, Even if its ******).

4. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was nice to see somebody finally ask him the hard questions including those on his performance for a change. Pretty much every one was one I've seen raised on various chat boards, but are usually avoided in most one-on-one interviews.

As I've said before, I'm going to probably enjoy this year more than most other recent years just because my expectations are less. I'm expecting it to be more entertaining than successful.

5. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am glad someone asked TT the hard questions on everyone's minds.

I do agree with his assessment that the Pack is not in anywhere near as bad a shape and many have cracked it up to be. Losing 5 games by 3 or less points last year could have been easily avoided if the team better controlled turnovers and penalties, and not lost 2 of our offensive starters to injuries. This is not to say I do not have concerns with this team, it just means that I don't see Brady Quinn sporting the Green and Gold next season. :p

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, the guy is doing his job, which is what i expect. How it all turns out is what matters in the end. Not how he answers questions.

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think Ted doesn't really know where this team will be yet. He doesn't really know if those young offensive linemen will work out, but he's hoping they will because he doesn't have any veterans to play. He's hoping somone will step up as a wide receiver, but he knows he doesn't have anyone on his team right now that might. He knows he doesn't have a kicker, but he's hoping that someone will dump a quality kicker and we can pick them up. He knows this team is still seriously short on personel, but I also think he knows what needs to be done. Whether he can do that or not is all still up in the air. I think he felt strongly that Sherman lost his team and that his players didn't respect him. I think he knows his team has to be much tougher, but he doesn't really know whether Woodson will be that kind of player for him or not. So the truth is, Ted said it exactly like it is. He's hopeful. He wants the fans to be hopeful, and by God, if everything falls in place he feels he has a chance to win.

8. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I would hope TT has some clue as to where this team is at right now. He took a 10-6 team that hadn't had a losing season in 13 years and turned them into a 4-12 team.

And puh-leeeze, don't give me this "it was all Sherman's fault" for the results last season. Up until last year he seemed to do pretty well with the talent he brought in.

9. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    C'mon Teddy... tank it one more year so we can get Adrian Peterson :-D

Hah, I'm kidding... I'd love to see us win the Superbowl too.

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Win or lose, it's a team effort.

Why didn't you mention Brett's 36(29 INT, 7 lost fumbles) turnovers? That's more than 2 times a game he gave the ball back to the other team. I suppose that was Ted's fault too.

Brett, along with the rest of the team had a crappy season. It's not Teds fault, its not Shermans fault. It's the teams fault. Like I said, you win as a team, you lose as a team.

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what a fan can expect from the answers given by a GM at this point in time. He's not a seer. He is doing a fine job in my estimation. But this team WILL need at least another year of good drafting with improved coaching before big results can be seen. I doubt ANY GM worth his salt is going to predict a great year for his team. It's tempting fate. And it's suicide if he fails. TT honestly stated the facts as best anyone can know them. It's up to the guys making the big bucks now to do their parts.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Several good points. I have to agree with you.

13. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I would hope TT has some clue as to where this team is at right now. He took a 10-6 team that hadn't had a losing season in 13 years and turned them into a 4-12 team.

And puh-leeeze, don't give me this "it was all Sherman's fault" for the results last season. Up until last year he seemed to do pretty well with the talent he brought in.[/quote]

Actually and truthfully I blame a great deal of what happened last year on Mike Sherman. For one thing, he couldn't get his quarterback under control. His work as a GM came back to bite him because the talent level was so bad. I will grant Mike Sherman this, he was good enough to win some division championships, but eventually his lack of knowledge in the personel area and his own bullheadedness by keeping Rossely proved to be his demise. The Packers became one of the most predictable teams in the NFL and he didn't know what to do about it. When TT was brought on board, he discovered he had quite a mess to fix. We didn't have a great deal of talent, depth was depleted, and we were in the middle of one of the biggest financial messes in the history of the organization.

I know school is still out on whether what Thompson is doing is the right thing, but we absolutely know that what Mike Sherman was doing wasn't.

14. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, sounds like teddy's about as wishy-washy as we all are. a tad bit scary coming from the man in control. :-?

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep we did a good job with Sherman's talent and some of Ron Wolf's talent.

How many of the guys on the team last year were guys Sherman brought in?

How many of the guys were coached by Sherman?

Thompson didn't do a good job last off season. He didnt' have much too work with and granted he could've done better but blaming him for the 4-12 season is ridiculous. With all the injuries Green Bay had, they weren't going anywhere.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good interview.

GB will be a good team in 2006.

17. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was a very solid interview. I don't see how we could expect anything more positive from Thompson at this point. The important thing is that his attitude is positive. There's no point making predictions. This team will do its talking on the field--or fail to do so.

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and hes following Patriots\steelers\ron wolfs ideas...gotta like where hes coming from.