Q&A session with Ted Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey dhpacker..... you were wrong. When you come onto a website and argue so strongly that someone isnt doing the right thing... then we have a 10-1 record and pretty much guarenteed a playoff bye.... you should expect some i told you's.

by the way dhpacker. you were wrong and I TOLD YOU SO!.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wow, another i told you so thread.

Says the guy that started how many threads on why Ted didnt go after a FA or draft a better RB..

Wonder why you havent posted anymore of those?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez guys, lay off the guy already.

We all agree TT is good now. The "I told you so's" are really getting old.

I haven't been rubbing it in people's faces that Favre kicks *** for weeks now, because I got sick of doing that. Even though we all know there was a lot of Favre bashing going on. But you know what? People change. I think of all the former Favre bashers, everyone agrees that Favre kicks *** now so there's no argument. It's over.

DH, you, and me, we all want the same thing - for the Packers to win the SB this year. This petty bickering sounds like a bunch of old ladies.

Let's enjoy the rest of this season. It's been wonderful so far, and I hope it continues. If anything, I'm praying we stay healthy. I'm not fond of the injury bug which has been popping up recently.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who you callin' an old lady, sonny??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotflmao:

Thanks Cheesy. This board needs to lighten up sometimes.

We're 10-1 and I've been loving every minute of this season except for that Bears game. I think we really only have 2 concerns:
1) Injuries,
2) Favre was saying the team is getting too complacent. I hope that isn't a concern.

But I think #1 is a much higher concern than #2. I'm praying we're healthy come playoff time, when it really matters.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "I told you so's" are really getting old.

You know what....No. Hell no. Others can not do it, but I sure will.

There's been TT-hating threads since he got here and didn't go FA-crazy (like the Skins and Vikes). For 2 and a half years I had to deal with stupid people and their idiotic threads. I was the first "TT-Lover" and "Favre-Hater" for not saying the guy isn't a total *******. And NOW that (shocker), I was right about Thompson's strategy and GB is doing good, I'm just supposed to forget about it? Hmm, how about no, Scott. I'm going to enjoy every minute of this great season and this awesome manly roster put together by TED THOMPSON. So **** that!

And it's ok, cuz if we DON'T win the superbowl, all the same jackasses will crawl from under their rock and go "Look at your Ted Thompson now." "Wow, if he was so great, we shoulda won it all, right?"

People wanted to blame the 4-12 season soley on TT, which is ridiculous. But ok. Stupid people say stupid things. Doesn't he still have a losing record as our GM? I'm sure the geniuses will bring that up.

So...all the people who didn't give TT a chance(not fall IN LOVE with him like I 'supposedly' did) and let him clear up Sherman's mistakes, are morons, and I will let you know about it.

And for the record, I haven't started one "told ya so" thread or went into the archives and brought any of them back.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As Trom said, how many ANTI TT threads were there every single week?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah.......the "Anti TT" threads were a DAILY happening here. And it's true, now that the team is doing better, improving each year, there are some that wish we would just forget those that called ME an idiot for saying "Give TT a chance!"
As John Lennon said in his song:
"All we are saying, is give TT a chance!" :wink:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

There's been TT-hating threads since he got here and didn't go FA-crazy (like the Skins and Vikes). For 2 and a half years I had to deal with stupid people and their idiotic threads. I was the first "TT-Lover" and "Favre-Hater" for not saying the guy isn't a total *******. And NOW that (shocker), I was right about Thompson's strategy and GB is doing good, I'm just supposed to forget about it? Hmm, how about no, Scott. I'm going to enjoy every minute of this great season and this awesome manly roster put together by TED THOMPSON. So **** that!

And it's ok, cuz if we DON'T win the superbowl, all the same jackasses will crawl from under their rock and go "Look at your Ted Thompson now." "Wow, if he was so great, we shoulda won it all, right?"

People wanted to blame the 4-12 season soley on TT, which is ridiculous. But ok. Stupid people say stupid things. Doesn't he still have a losing record as our GM? I'm sure the geniuses will bring that up.

So...all the people who didn't give TT a chance(not fall IN LOVE with him like I 'supposedly' did) and let him clear up Sherman's mistakes, are morons, and I will let you know about it.

And for the record, I haven't started one "told ya so" thread or went into the archives and brought any of them back.

PREACH!

all the crap we took on a daily basis. we deserve to enjoy every minute of this success.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

holy name calling batman, can this guy please be banned!!!
This is THE worst post ever on this forum

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your posts in this thread have nothing to do with football! Not true of his.

If you don't like these threads don't read them. If you don't like a poster, ignore him. Simple! :)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez guys, lay off the guy already.

We all agree TT is good now. The "I told you so's" are really getting old.

I haven't been rubbing it in people's faces that Favre kicks *** for weeks now, because I got sick of doing that. Even though we all know there was a lot of Favre bashing going on. But you know what? People change. I think of all the former Favre bashers, everyone agrees that Favre kicks *** now so there's no argument. It's over.

DH, you, and me, we all want the same thing - for the Packers to win the SB this year. This petty bickering sounds like a bunch of old ladies.

Let's enjoy the rest of this season. It's been wonderful so far, and I hope it continues. If anything, I'm praying we stay healthy. I'm not fond of the injury bug which has been popping up recently.

I just think it is funny that coming into the season, I felt TT made some bad decisions, big deal.

The team is winning, i have seen friends I have not talked to in years at packer parties, I am enjoying the season as much as i did in 1996, and could care less what people on a forum, who I will never meet in person think of my previous posts.

Some people do not get the idea of a open forum.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Your posts in this thread have nothing to do with football! Not true of his.

If you don't like these threads don't read them. If you don't like a poster, ignore him. Simple! :)

did you hear joe called?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DHPacker Wrote:

I just think it is funny that coming into the season, I felt TT made some bad decisions, big deal.

The problem is this started by the time the guy got a foot in the door. Not by you but many others in here at the time. TT got nailed for everything bad that happened in '05.

Never mind that the starting linup on both sides of the ball were all Shermans guys but like two or three and the fact he did not have the time, money, or, opportunity to incorporate any significant change.

The four and twelve disaster was all on him (in many eyes here). Some of us here back then talked about giving the guy some time and letting him do his job and quit cussin' everything he does.

Some here even had the gall to suggest that '05 team was actually GOOD and it was TT that messed everything up. They certainly stayed with that theme going into '06 and absolutely slammed him for every player he chose not to retain and bellyached about everyone he brought in.

CHEAP TEDDY! He won't last three years! We even heard "he's gutting the team to put his own identity on it" which proved false again. He actually retained all the meat off that bone if you look at it. I mean EVERY good player with a reasonable number of years left in them are playing for who again? Thank you.

Starting into '07 here it came again. WHAT'S HE DOING? No RB's. NO TE's. No WR's. Why is he going after defense only? How could he let RANDY MOSS GO?

If people in this forum want the old posts to stop cropping up maybe, just maybe, they ought to just SHUT UP about TED ALREADY. I am quite certain, without any question or doubt, no reservations or reflections, totally understand, and believe 100%, and whole heartedly, that this guy has more football in his little finger than all of the collective heads and brains in this forum.

For those of you that just KNEW letting Green and Henderson go was the worst of the worst well....go buy their cards. I'm sure they sell them at most sports memorabelia shops....

....and let Ted do his thing.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

What in the hell has TT accomplished? A good season? Sherman gave us lots of good seasons. Your a little premature in your celebration. TT was criticized for failing to win games his first few years. You guys said it was to early to label TT a failure. Now he won a few games and he is being labeled Lombardi, but thats ok. Pot calling the kettle black, as usual.

It's just like *****ing about all the Anti-TT threads and then turning every thread now into a lovesfest for the guy. You guys are quite hypocritical.

The skinny is, Ted failed his first 2 years and people had a right to be upset, based on what he did. Now Ted's team is winning, but has yet to do anything important. Please hold the I TOLD YOU SO's in your back pocket til Ted accomplishes more than a division title.

MS was labeled a failure cause he couldn't win playoff games. How many has Ted playoff victories has Ted led this team too?

I don't hate Ted or like Ted, but you guys are like premaature *********** 12 year old boys on this.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Zombieslayer said:

What in the hell has TT accomplished? A good season?

Perhaps you missed all the posts calling TT a Matt Millen clone and he could never accomplish building an elite NFL team. Or maybe you're just coincidentally forgetting(never!).

It's year 3 with TT as GM, and this team is very good, and looks like it will be very good for years to come.

So what did he accomplish? Putting together a good team, and making it good for years to come.

These teams look to be contenders. Sherman's teams were not. They were flashy with no depth. This team is gritty with depth up the ***.

I'm sorry, that's not the kind of answer you wanted, was it? Aww.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
tromadz said:
Zombieslayer said:

What in the hell has TT accomplished? A good season?

Perhaps you missed all the posts calling TT a Matt Millen clone and he could never accomplish building an elite NFL team. Or maybe you're just coincidentally forgetting(never!).

It's year 3 with TT as GM, and this team is very good, and looks like it will be very good for years to come.

So what did he accomplish? Putting together a good team, and making it good for years to come.

These teams look to be contenders. Sherman's teams were not. They were flashy with no depth. This team is gritty with depth up the ***.

I'm sorry, that's not the kind of answer you wanted, was it? Aww.

Another baiting comment at the end. Are you not able to debate at a mature level?

The problem is, it was based on things you don't know. The "SAINTS" looked good for years to come last year didn't they?

Your opinions are not facts, sorry. I hope they win the SB year after year, but you don't know anymore than anyone else. This teams future is still undecided for this year, let alone "years to come". When Brett goes what happens?

You are a little quick to pat yourself on the back man.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pat myself on the back? Huh? What did I do?

Also, good job not answering my question.

The team is 10-1, TT is a big reason. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts