1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

pyledriver80 - Goodbye

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Oct 8, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep in mind Pyle wasn't banned for life. He's decided to not return to the site when he is allowed back which I believe is in a few days. I have a hunch he'll be back anyways. If people are going to continue to take over threads and just argue back and forth over the same thing they need to take a break.

Don't blame the mods or the admin. Blame that respective person and their actions. If they learn to agree to disagree we wouldn't have this problem. If you want to debate then find. I like debating :) but when you start taking shots at someone or just doing it in every possible thread possible is when it gets out of line.

If anyone is referring to 66 in this thread and his views. Since I became a mod I was given access to some of the pm's this guy sent to members who just disagreed with him. There very inappropriate and let's just say most of the words are words that would be censored on TV. You don't hear this stuff on HBO. I've seen some of his multiple accounts as well. His banning is clearly justified.

It's not the views of people that get them suspended or banned. It's there actions.

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My bad....it's not the mods that "merge" unnecessarily. It's the people that don't kiss TT's arse and act like 11 year old girls.

Don't get so p1ssy. I thought that thread was about "OUR" forum and ideas to make it better. Ripping my suggestion is akin to ripping someone's post tthat TT is doing a great/sh1tty job. Quit acting like an eleven year old girl.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Constructive criticism is something that is more than welcome.

The negative TT views aren't getting people banned, it's the inability of those people to post their opinions in the right manner and then get into needless pissing matches that gets them banned.

You, Anubis, pyle, etc. are more than welcome (and more than appreciated) to post your negative views of TT. It just gets really frustrating and dissapointing when we (staff) see regular members going at each others throats and then have to decide to suspend them because it is the only viable thing to do.

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    AADP...I didn't always agree with pyle but for him to receive the same suspension as another member that will remain nameless was in my opinion ridiculous. This was my real problem. Pyle never went off the deep end and as far as I know it was his first suspension. I'm only telling you this because we go way back. I know it wasn't your decision and Ryan knows how I feel. Again it is his site he can suspend at will. Ryan has a tough job. In pyle vs ??? I thought it was unfair.

I should take it easy on the mods but hey they get paid big bucks. When I feel they make a mistake I'm gonna let them have it. Kind of like a referee.

I believe zero is staying away for the same reason.

porky....no I am not referring to 66. In the Sherman years I was the object of his venom.

BTW...as far as I know pyle does not know how I feel. I have never spoken to him about this, but I do know that if I FEEL that I have been treated wrong I would probably do the same thing. You can tell by his posts he is a proud man.

Also porky, I do take a break for a few days when I feel things are getting crazy here. Once I almost didn't come back. I'm glad I did and hope pyle and zero do.

5. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Depack ~

I decided to talk to Ryan about being a mod because I too was getting fed up with the bs going on in this site. What I have learned in a short time is how difficult it is to decide what is "fit" and what isn't.

I have also realized that a lot of posting gets deleted before most of us see it. Therefore, only the parties involved really know who posted what and why they got suspended or banned.

Another thing I do know is that Ryan is a pretty level headed guy. He is not out to get anyone or get anyone banned. He would much rather not have to do any of it.

One last thing. Disagreeing with what the mods do is your right. As you said sometimes you feel the need to give it to the refs in your games. I am a long time hockey official (level 3). The players can "give it" to me too. It is then followed up by additional penalties. Authority cannot be undermined or disrespected in public. If someone has a problem with what a mod or Ryan does, by all means voice your opinion....respectfully, and in private. You will almost certianly get better results.

Differing opinions and the freedom to voice them are what this forum (and country for that matter) are about. However, the maturity to voice them in a way as to address the opinon and not offend the counterpart is what is asked of every poster in here.

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a long time hockey official (level 5), I never had a problem with someone getting upset with a call I made, so long as they didn't make any personal comments. For example, "that was a sh*tty call" was okay, however, "you're a sh*tty ref" immediately drew a misconduct. See the difference?

7. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    You have level 5's up there? we only go to 4's and they are usually the professional levels.

USA hockey doesn't even allow the comment on the call (Although I usually let it slide unless he scream it for all to hear). They are only allowed to asked for clarification of the ruling. Anything else is considered "unsportsmanlike". That would draw two and then a ten after that if they didn't stop.

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, we go all the way to Level 6. Level 5 is generally someone that will referee tier 2 Junior hockey or line tier 1 junior. I did this my last year reffing.

Haven't worked a game in something like 7 years (since I was 21 or so), but I maintain my certification so I can supervise junior officials on the weekend.

Hockey Canada has a nicley vague policy which states that there is zero tolerance for abuse of officials. It's a nice sentiment, but what constitutes abuse is not defined. Most people follow my approach though.

9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Public dissent to a mod will be enough for me to suspend anyone's account. Everyone on the staff here volunteers their time and tries their best to do what they think is right for the thread, forum and site. If anyone disagrees with thier decisions then they can contact me or the mod that made the decision directly via PM.

---
    Off topic - And since we are throwing around officiating I am an NCAA Soccer referee (not a National yet, but hope to be in the next 3 or so years) I have been on many D1 games (Creighton, Wisconsin, Texas, Georgetown, Drake, Yale, Oregon State, Kansas and countless others) and if I am shown verbal (after a warning or loud enough for the crowd to hear it) or physical dissent on the field, you are getting a card.

Edit: I have also started doing PDL games (Premier Development League) the teams that feed the MLS and other pro/national teams.
    ---

10. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds like we are about the same level. I can do all the way up to college and I thin can even line in college. Here though, the level fours are usually doing college (major anyway)

We have the zero tolerance too. Like I said, just depends on how it is delivered. Same as on this website huh? :)

11. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So this would force a suspension??? :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's hilarious. I used to work in that league on occasion. I think I'd probably laugh if someone did that to me, but then again, I'm pretty thick-skinned on the ice.

13. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I usually laugh too, after I tack on an extra two!

14. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Off topic......but I guess the new rules are no disagreeing with the mods in any thread?

15. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I will lay this out here quick. Everyone will respect the mods decisions. If anyone has a question on why a mod did what they did, they can PM them. Showing public dissent, mocking, or otherwise calling out a mod in a thread is unacceptable.

16. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing what a bad season will do to otherwise sane and decent people! Football is fun (usually), but in the grand scheme of things, is very small and should not impact people, positively or negatively, to the degree it seems to.

Bottom line...the mods have a hard job to do, and a lot of personalities to manage. As was stated previously, they are not here to babysit...and should it ever come to that, the site should be shut down because, simply put, it will not be deserved if it devolves to that point.

If it ain't fun....it ain't worth doing!

17. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You sir are 100% correct. See ya

18. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG....DePack and I agree on something!! LOL This has not occurred since...wow...I cannot remember.