1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

pyledriver80 - Goodbye

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    pyledriver80 has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

He would like to tell everyone bye and that if you would like to chat, he can be found at PackerChatters.

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh.. that's offlimit for me.

But maybe things will calm down now, and the "adults" can discuss seriously without namecalling. That part I won't miss (namecalling).

And for the future, I don't think packerchatters like namecalling more than we do here, but anyway, GOOD LUCK!

3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh darn. I'm crushed.

4. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think he was a good member.

people just didnt like the fact that he told the truth about the team.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well miss him.

6. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I never figured out why Pyle was disliked. He may of argued the most but I always thought he did it in a more respectful way then anyone else. When people argued with him he always backed up with facts and allowed them to say there side. At least I wish he was still around

7. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't get this place.

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's not to get Yercell?

9. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not when he argued with me. :p

Anyway, besides his unrelenting hatred for TT and his desire to remind us of that in nearly every thread, he was a good member. Well, see ya Pyle.

By the way, what did he actually do to get banned? He was here and now he's gone.... what happened in between? I missed something I guess.

10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    constant arguing, hijacking each & every thread, & making the majority of us miserable. no, it wasn't ALL on pyle - others contributed to the problem. anyway, it's done & over with. thanks to ryan for posting his goodbye. :D

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He was suspended along with Trom, same duration. He has chosen to not return while communicating with me via email.

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I have to agree and would do the same thing he did if I were in his shoes. For him to receive the same suspension as trom was a joke. Trom has been suspended a number of times. In my opinion pyle was suspended because of his feelings toward TT and his inability to back down when attacked by people. He rarely resorted to namecalling though.

13. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I personally suspended them both. Think what you would like, he was suspended along with Trom for namecalling, taking posts off topic etc. They were the two that stuck out the most to me as far as bickering went and they were dealt with. Once their accounts have been activated again, they are certainly welcome back. If they choose not to, that's their decision, I am not too worried about it.

14. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you guys read everything on here or what? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm serious.

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pyle did feed monster here with plenty of non football related stuff. With that said it's too bad he's not coming back because he definately isn't to blame for the site's problems.

Although it's been better lately...

16. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, didn't wanna get caught up in all of this, but I'll give my input since it seems everyone's opinions are being voiced.

This site was a godsend for me. Loving in CO, I am not friends with one single Packerfan. Everyone here seems to either hate Brett Favre (for some long-ago comeback he led against whatever team they love) or thinks that they suck and aren't worth paying attention to.

I was really excited to talk about my beloved team, but after about a month I got tired of the constant bs that went on rather than good discussion. Admit it or not, experienced posters know how to write with a 'tone'. (usually sarcasm or a condescending remark) In the beginning, I engaged in a couple of the 'squabbles' that broke out in semmingly every thread. After it was brought to my attention that I had crossed a line, I stopped.

Problem was, there were a few who kept going after each other. Having to sift through discussions for useful info was annoying and a waste of time. Every time anyone posted something positive, they were met with condescending, sarcastic replies. Then, those would be met with the same type of replies by everyone else. And vise versa. It got pretty lame pretty fast.

Im sure more of us deserved reprimands than just pyle and trom, but they got them. It seemed that they had a hatred for one another, and that's fine. it's bound to happen with human beings that some of us won't like each other. But the key is not letting that dislike ruin a discussion.

I think that the site has been waaay better since we increased moderators, suspended some people, and I stand behind Ryan's decisions to improve the site that he runs. Great job Ryan, AADP, and everyone else who is devoting so much of their free time to make this site better for all of us. :thumbsup:

I don't want to see anyone leave this site for good, and I'll miss pyle's contributions. I hope Trom comes back, and I feel that this site has greatly improved since the "How do we 'fix' PF?" thread.

Whew long post. But there you go. My thoughts.

17. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I either am too stupid (which is probably true) or nothing ever bothers me and that's why I get along with everyone on here and in life. I would of never thought of any problems on this forum so if anyone ever thinks I'm doing something negative to it please let me know cause I would never intend for it, but I see some things are touchy here.

18. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that the site has been a lot less spirited since losing both Trom and Pyle.

From an outside point of view, Pyle 'told it as it is'. It seems like his hate of TT came out anytime someone disagreed with him.

Trom had the thickest 'packer glasses' on that I have ever seen. They are almost as thick as my Bear glasses. I always enjoyed reading his rants.

I wish that they could contain themselves a little better, but it is what it is.

19. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You been talking to Mr. Bertuzzi? :p

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sometimes i think people take things WAY too seriously. To dislike TT is ok, but putting it in almost every thread gets old after awhile.
    Sometimes i just felt like typing "Ok! We GET it. You don't like the guy."
    I don't love OR hate TT........he's trying to do his job, and i truely hope he does good at it.
    To voice your opinion is fine, but thats all it is, an opinion. In this case it isn't fact. It may become fact, but in my opinion it hasn't yet.

21. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not only things, imo people take themselves too seriously. That often leads to a tunnel vision.
    I think, that listening and, at least from time to time, accept other oppinions, makes your life easier maybe even richer. Fighting all the time requests so much energy (which I can use for more important things :wink: ) and allways beeing right narrows your horizon and becomes boring.
    Not that I don't like a good discussion, but to make it a battle every time bothers.

Mehr sog i net!

Harald

22. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    On the other hand cheesey there are guys on here that will jump your a$$ if you say anything negative about the man. I'm with you on TT. I hated his first draft but loved the second one, but if I disagree with something he does the same few guys will rip me for being a "TT hater". It goes both ways. The imbalance that I see is that the guys disagreeing with every little move he makes are made out to be the troublemaker's by the mods and everybody else. It is to the point that if he does something I like I'm happy to come on and post. If I disagree with him I hesitate to bring his name up. This, to me, is a form of censorship.

23. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly.

24. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, this is the way I see it:

People argue ad nauseum about TT being good vs. TT being bad.

Look, you wanna do it, go to a specific thread. The garbage of "I'm right, your wrong..... you don't know what you are talking about..... you're an idiot..... you don't seem to get it...... etc." nonsense all sprouts from the differing opinions of the individual to the staff.

Most of the threads that were abuot TT/MM etc. were generalities (I.E. TT has really done a terrible job, traded Walker for nothing, signed Manuel, let Bates go, etc.) and these things lead to endless piss matches about "you're wrong, because.... etc.". Then you end up with nonsense spilling into another thread because you have the people posting in different sections.

It's silly. You wanna blame the mods, go ahead and do it, but realize its childish. We aren't here to babysit. We aren't here to read through endless posts of garbage to find posts that we come here for.

Funny thing is that people think the mods don't know $hit. For the love of God, we aren't here to babysit you, and put up with endless piss matches. It is certain posters here to don't have the ability to foresee something that will offend others in their posts, the inability of grown men here to act their age, grown men who resort to friggin childish behaviour that even my 11 year old sister knows won't lead to anything productive.

You think the way the mods run things is unfair? Fine. You want to see them change? Then prove you are mature enough to not get into pissing matches that lead no where, instead of crying foul.

I'm sick of mods being dragged into every freaking thing. Stop blaming us and realize that most of the BS that goes on here is started by yourself, and not others.

Solution? Stop posting about TT. Doesn't work? Then learn to ignore the poster. Still doesn't work? Stop reading threads that deal with the TT/MM issue.

When people fail to do these imple things themselves, that is when we step up and take action. So don't blame us for problems that are rooted within.

25. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    For those that want the short version:

- QUIT blaming it on the mods. Realize that your inability to act as a grown and mature individual is what forces the mods to do the things they do. If you can't learn to ignore/not reply/noth bother to bring up the sensetive issue where it is appropriate, then don't blame the mods for taking action to make sure your inability doesn't effect the other members who come here to read good stuff and not the same BS over and over again.