1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Putrid defense

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Sep 24, 2006.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Let's see Poppinga gets burned on pass, he gets burned on the run. Barnett misses two tackles and Mannual wiffs on the touchdown. We cannot win this game if we can't get any 3 and outs. Who was it that said on another post that our defense was great? The first two series make this defense look anything but great.

2. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Just as I complain, Carrol covers the guy with a strong hit and Manual gets a break and intercepts and runs in for a touchdown.

3. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Maybe the only time you can ever say " Touchdown Manuel!!!!"

4. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Maybe we are on to something. What else do you want to complain about? Let's see if it works.

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ok on the last series we had two blown coverages, one for a gain of 25 yards and then Woodson and Collins burned on the same play for a touchdown. Mr. Schottenheimer and Sanders have some problems to fix. This goes deeper than bad tackling, it's just bad defense. This is the third game and we're still blowing coverages? Sheesh

6. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Barnett is playing awful. He can't get off a block. They've thrown three screens to his side and he hasn't made a play yet. Man this guy doesn't tackle at all. He just got stiff armed by the running back. I'd like to see whawt Hodge can do.

7. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Poppinga must go, we need to have Taylor, or Hodge at that spot. Other than that, our defense is not bad. Offenses are taking advantage of Poppinga as a weakness, and have exposed it for a third straight week

8. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I want to see Hodge at Middle LInebacker too. Barnett can't play. He can't get off blocks, doesn't tackle, and doesn't ever fill the hole. He over runs everything. Let's see what Hodge can do in there. We all talk that we need play makers. We know what we have in Barnett, we don't know yet about Hodge. If Barnett continues to struggle I want to see Hodge.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The DB's are missing WAY to many plays. Missed tackles and letting the guys get open is happening WAY too much. The Packer O is going to have to keep scoring to not let the Lions back into the game.

10. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Harris is getting taken to school today. If he wants a beter contract he better play better than this. I keep asking this question all day long, where is our middle linebacker on running plays. He's getting blown out of there and then when he finally makes a play he showboats, geez, I just hate that. I will stand by what I said at the beginning of this post, our defense is putrid.

11. packerfanfourever

packerfanfourever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    defense not playing with any heart today, they had better get their crap together or this will be a loss, our offense is playing good but can they keep get up I hope so.

Sander need to get his defense together

12. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Defense stepped up now. Sacked Kitna on 4th and 4 two minutes to go.

And also, Hawk stepped up with a sack as well.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    lol, 60 minutes of ball, brother

14. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The great Packers won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!