PTF Rumors: Favre 100% Sure Moss WILL Be A Packer

4fan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POSTED 8:25 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:00 p.m. EDT, April 12, 2007

FAVRE CERTAIN THAT MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

It's been a while since the rampant rumors linking Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers died down. But that doesn't mean that the issue is dead.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "100 percent certain" that Moss will be a Packer by the time the 2007 season starts.

The only problem is that the Raiders and the Packers haven't been able to strike a deal for compensation. Our guess is that the logjam will break once the draft approaches; otherwise, any picks necessarily would be deferred into 2008. Plus, if the Raiders choose to take receiver Calvin Johnson with the first pick on April 28, their leverage in subsequent trade talks will surely drop, since the chances of the Raiders letting Johnson get anywhere close to the malcontented Moss are slim and none.

It's been a while since we've heard anything about this topic...maybe that's just how Ted wants it...hmmm?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that PFT has such an impeachable source of information. Eventually, some of this stuff WILL manage to stick on the wall, the odds say.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"A source with knowledge"

I am 99.9% certain I will be rooting for the Packers next season, unless they change their name to the Vikings or Bears.

Reaction score
It's been a while since we've heard anything about this topic...maybe that's just how Ted wants it...hmmm?

I think it is. TT is a very secretive guy, I mean some of his answers leave you scratching your head. For example, TT said "I think he was sort of like that in college" when asked if Morency can be an every down back. Obviously you expect the guy who scouted and traded for him to have a bit more definitive idea...

TT likes to keep things close to his chest, and I think we were all surprised when so much info started coming out about Moss possibly being a Packer. Part of that was because the sheer volume of "leaks" was something we hadn't experienced in the 2 year TT was here. Even with Sherman getting fired, we had no inkling to suggest it was imminent.

So with all the talks about the trade, and sources talking about how close the deal was, I wouldn't be surprised if TT told people to shut their mouths. (Didn't PFT report TT telling people around the organization to "shut it" about the Moss talks?)

I still think TT is working (perhaps not as extensively as before) on trying to get Moss here, but has told people to keep a tight lip. Someone didn't, and I guess the story from PFT may be a possible result of that (or it may just be made up).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of it might be wishful thinking.
I think some of these guys write that kind of stuff, HOPING that they guessed right, so that later on they can say "SEE??? I'm an insider!!!" When in reality they just got lucky and GUESSED right.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part about leverage if they want Calvin Johnson makes 100% sense. They need to do whatever they are going to do before they select him if that's what they intend to do.

As I have mentioned before I find it very strange that not a single quote has come from Moss that I can find. Even after the HC came out with the "we would like Randy on the team" line which I though was a weak attempt to maintain some leverage he had no response at all.

Looks to me he is sitting tight, keeping his mouth shut, ready to pack his stuff. Hoping the best offer is good enough to get him out of town and not wanting to do anything to weaken any proposal that would ultimately keep him in Oakland.

If it were me and I wanted out of town that's what I would do.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm back on the "I want Randy to be a Packer" bandwagon. no guarantees that i'll stay here, and your guesses as to whether i will or will not are as good as mine. but that is QUITE the report from PFT.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The part about leverage if they want Calvin Johnson makes 100% sense. They need to do whatever they are going to do before they select him if that's what they intend to do.

As I have mentioned before I find it very strange that not a single quote has come from Moss that I can find. Even after the HC came out with the "we would like Randy on the team" line which I though was a weak attempt to maintain some leverage he had no response at all.

Looks to me he is sitting tight, keeping his mouth shut, ready to pack his stuff. Hoping the best offer is good enough to get him out of town and not wanting to do anything to weaken any proposal that would ultimately keep him in Oakland.

If it were me and I wanted out of town that's what I would do.

Yep, he is playing nice in the sandbox that he wishes to run from, IMO. If he starts mouthing off, a team like GB might think twice after Walker and MacKenzie. If as rumored he has talked or his agent has talked to Green Bay, he isn't going to say a thing.

Now if Brett is yapping, whom is going to say anything to him? :bang:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He knows who the boss is and Al will do what Al will do. I just see this as Moss understands full well he has pissed Al off enough and he need not say more if he wants to play for someone else.

Al has shown if you **** him off too much he will let you sit and rot. Just because he can.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been totally againest trading for Moss...the high risk factor being the reason plus the fact that he didn't show up for voluntary workouts. But this AM I read somewhere an article about his training regimen in the heat and humidity of Florida. If true, it debunks my concern about his dedication to be in playing shape. It's MUCH tougher than what he'd face in Oakland now. So he's not taking the lazy way out. Now if he could work that ******* his attitude, he'd be a plum.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
he's not lazy. he's immature. plain and simple

Great way to put it.

As far the someone mentioning secretive. That's how every General Manager would want it. The Bears were extremely upset with the Redskins that they heard about their near offer from the media instead of Washington itself.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
correction, he was immature. hes done very little (at least less than most diva recievers today) that can be considered immature in the last couple years. Laziness is more detrimental on the field, than immaturity. and with age most people grow up, we have no reason to believe Moss cant grow up and just play football. by his silence, it might be happening already.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
correction, he was immature. hes done very little (at least less than most diva recievers today) that can be considered immature in the last couple years. Laziness is more detrimental on the field, than immaturity. and with age most people grow up, we have no reason to believe Moss cant grow up and just play football. by his silence, it might be happening already.

Yeah, or by not showing up at the Raiders workout.

Give me a break, the guy is a lazy, immature ****.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Yeah, or by not showing up at the Raiders workout.

Give me a break, the guy is a lazy, immature ****.

I agree Pyle, but I think if we get him cheap and our team isn't dependant on him, he can be a quality asset for us. The thing is, the more and more I think about it, I want Moss for a one-year contract. This probably will not happen, but I do not want Ted to blow money on him. I can't see Ted throwing a lot of money and years at Moss, but I could be wrong.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on. So, since not showing up at the Packers work out, are we to assume that Brett, Woodson, and Al Harris are lazy immature turds who want to be traded?

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack in black - you know very well why moss not showing up is of significance...you just dont want to admit it because your a moss hater. hes coming. get over it.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack in black - you know very well why moss not showing up is of significance...you just dont want to admit it because your a moss hater. hes coming. get over it.

Ok, I'm a Moss hater. Yep. You got me.

Please, I've been in favor of him coming over since the rumors started months ago. I'm just pointing out that there are tons of veterans who skip the optional workouts. And doing so makes them neither lazy nor a turd. Or wanting to leave. he's still a Raider. get over it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack in black is just showing that staying out of OPTIONAL workouts, on a team that you are rumored to be leaving soon.... isnt immature. its completly rational. and players like woodson, harris and favre are all doing it, yet no one calls them immature.

Moss is coming.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, moss not being their holds a lot of merit. Kiffin comes out and says publically "oh, moss is realy excited to be here, looking forward to the new offense, were excited to have him on our team etc etc" well if that were true, i think moss would show his *** up. he didnt, and thats because its false. furthermore, kiffen said "oh, he'll be here for camp after the draft" well, yeah kiffen, your gonna say that, AFTER the draft, lol, cuz he's gonna be in green bay after the draft kiffy...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POSTED 8:25 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:00 p.m. EDT, April 12, 2007

FAVRE CERTAIN THAT MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

It's been a while since the rampant rumors linking Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers died down. But that doesn't mean that the issue is dead.

A source with knowledge

of the situation

tells us that
Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "100 percent certain"

that Moss will be a Packer by the time the 2007 season starts.

Think about each phrase what exactly it means.

How much influence does Brett have over Ted Thompson even if he chose to exercise it? Just because a person says Brett is certain of something means it will happen?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same PFT that reproted that Mike Sherman had been hired as the new head coach for the Arizona Cardinals. So I wouldn't believe anything from that site.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors are rumors.

My question for this one is why would Favre be in any position to have inside knowledge of the status of the negotiations. I seriously doubt if Favre is conferenced in on the calls between Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and Andrew Brandt.

If any cub reporter wants to pull the scoop on this one I wouldn't be waiting for bread crumbs from people who have a connection with Favre.

Y' think?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts