1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

PS4 vs Wii U vs Xbox 1

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Wood Chipper, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,405
    I am on the PS4 side in this generation. Though I can't deny Nintendo makes fantastic first party games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    As far as the used game stuff goes it makes absolutely no sense to me. I paid the dev's for it already, what I do with it after that is none of their concern including using a 3rd party to resell the game when I no longer play it.

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Especially feel this way after "they" stop supporting the software / game I bought. I don't feel I rented the rights, I feel I bought them. The providers are rolling towards a lease, rental, licensed usage scheme, not a lifetime purchase. Carefully examine almost any EULA on any software you have and you will most likely see the same thing. Really unaware of this until my previous PC died several years back. I popped the drive into a rebuilt system but it would not work. Seems the OEM version of WinXP only ran or installed on their board. The company was out of business so I was out of options except to repurchase something I had already thought I bought. That is when I loaded that system with Linux and have since stayed with opensource software whenever possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +257
    I'm going with the Xbox side for this generation, even though I don't like the DRM and once every 24 hours requirement.

5. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I have went with Xbox in the past, but now I will be switching to play station. Frankly, the Xbox One has just been torn apart by the gaming industry since its debut at E3. The fact you need internet once every twenty four hours, the Kinect that you can't turn off, stance on selling of used games, PlayStation's much better value for online play ( hundreds of free games), and PlayStation's continued commitment towards customers as Fifa 14 was recently released for the ps2 (still!) have me switching.

Oh. Haha, and this doozy of Microsoft getting caught in a lie.

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-one-e3-demos-were-played-on-windows-gaming-pcs-15286627/

• Like Like x 1
  6. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    It's not only the DRM stuff that is directing me away from the XboxOne. I sold my 360 back in April because I stopped enjoying the game offerings that Microsoft has. As far as exclusive games go I'm more enticed by Sony. I really only had an xbox because everyone I know plays on one, I owned a PS3 prior to getting the 360 back in 09. Worst choice ever I think. Meh, I'm still not entirely sold on these next gen consoles; so I'm in the process of upgrading my computer as well.

As for the article that MBP posted in the chat box, the one thing that jumped out at me was how Microsoft was trying to tailor their service after Steam. To be fair Steam is pretty kick @$$ but in the same token I think differently about PC gaming than I do console gaming. I don't think that consoles are an appropriate platform to not have hard copy media.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    I've never owned a Playstation and I've only ever played a few times on a PS2. Most of the games I like to play are on all platforms or exclusive to Xbox. So that's why I'll probably stick with the Xbox One.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    PS4 all the way......Sony has always made a better game system than the competition all the way back to the PS1.
    Xbox has had to many issues, the 360 was and still is a P.O.S. and microsoft is lacking in the customer support department.....which has cost them customers who switched over to sony. Plus, sony has FREE online play.

9. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,405
    It's no longer free on the PS4. Btw N64>PS1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Preordered my ps4 already

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    N64 did not own PS1, that is a matter of your opinion.

• Old Old x 1
  12. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    Always was a PS guy. On a side note, can`t wait for the new FF and Kingdom Hearts games.

13. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    Looks like I'm the only one going with the Xbox One

14. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,405
    The best game on PS1 couldn't touch the best game on N64

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    again, a matter of opinion, not fact. PS1 had good titles like resident evil for example.

16. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    Which the N64 had as well. Though the "best game" for each platform is entirely subjective as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    N64: Had anything Mario on lockdown, and the Zelda junk. But those were little kid games (imo) and I wanted real titles. Granted some titles crossed over to both systems, the ps1 had better, more action based titles to choose from and better sales because of those titles.

Ps1 damn good games: Tony hawks pro-skater, Syphon filter, resident evil series, silent hill, gran turismo, final fantasy series, metal gear solid, tekken series, mortal kombat series, castlevania......N64 had a couple of those, but PS1 owned the rest.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    oh yeah....just to get in on the other system listed.....the Wii sucked and the games were WAY TO EASY.....so wiiu will suck donkey as well.

19. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Total world wide PS1 sales: 102.9 million units sold

Total world wide N64 sales: 32.4 Million units sold.

I'm no wizz when it comes to math, but being outsold 3:1 ratio tells me that PS1 ruled over N64.

20. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    [It's funny because a handful of the games you cited as being reasons why the PS1 was better/ more fun were developed for the N64 and only later ported over to the PS1 because of its popularity.]
    Zelda is an amazing game series, oriented towards kids or not they were boatloads of fun to play. As well the series is widely heralded as one of the best ever (consensus throughout the gaming community, not just imo). The N64 also had the original Perfect Dark, which was an amazing ground breaking game at the time. Banjo-Kazooie, Castlevania, Donkey-Kong 64, Gauntlet Legends, Wrestlemania 2000/ No Mercy(The two most widely heralded best wrestling games ever [still]), Goldeneye 007, Kirby 64 just to name a few.

Outside of the Final Fantasy releases and Metal Gear the PS had a whole lot of games that I didn't, and still don't, care for as exclusives.

21. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    omg, I seriously just closed the tab with a lengthy reply talking about how overall sales is not indicative of the quality of the product as a whole. Or at least the sole designator of such. Anyways, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I had mentioned about games that were exclusive to N64, and yes, a couple were great, but for the most part the system was seen as a more "kid friendly" system with hokie type kid/family games. The more real system was the PS1.......guess people in general liked it more due it having more violent type/action based games.

Then again what we are speaking of is opinion based, but you CANNOT deny the fact that the ps1 outsold the N64 3 to 1. How is that not saying which system is more popular? That type of one sided stat line does not lie.

23. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    N64 was still better

24. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
  25. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,405
    Two and a Half Men dominates TV with 10 years of 13 million+ viewers every week. Yet that does not make it the best show. Heck it isn't even good.