1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 Release November 17, 2006

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackerLegend, Nov 11, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know there was a thread a while back about this but it is almost here. Are any of you going to buy it. I really want one but it is expensive and I have yet to decide if im going to get it.

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck finding one. There only shipping 500,000 to N. America alone.

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats it? wtf

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and about half of those can afford it!

5. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    THIS ISNT GREAT NEWS BUT PORKY I THINK YOUR WRONG!

PS3 Launch Shipments
    Sony officials announced that they are planning to have 400,000 PS3 units available at launch in North America and 100,000 in Japan. Total of 1 to 1.2 million units will ship to North America by December 31st.

6. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :jumpsmile: I love it. Grown men excited about a toy

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    400,000 on the launch. Your right I was wrong. I thought it was 500,000. I also heard that the Dec 31st launch was pushed back to March. Not sure.

Anyways I'll get it but I figured I might as well wait for the 2nd shipment when I should be able to get it. In Green Bay alone there will be lucky to be 100 I bet.

8. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The European launch was pushed back to march if thats what your thinking of. Anyway I want one bad, but I will not be able to get one untill I get the money which should be late March

9. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i honestly think its too much for a game system, but i still want one :).

10. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats why you buy a Nintendo.

11. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    another thing that makes it worse is the controllers are $50 bucks, plus I dont think you can use the ps2 controllers with it. What do you guys think is it better to buy the 499.99 version or the 599.99?

12. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would buy the $250 Nintendo Wii version. It already comes with a game, controller, and more fun than a Playstation!

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and you're basing that off of...absoloutely nothing.

14. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm basing that off of a $350 discount from the PS3, a much better launch title list, with sure-fire hits coming such as SSBB and Metroid. Also the ability to play any Gamecube game and the growing list of NES, SNES, N64, Sega, and other consoles. Yes, I grew up on Nintendo so I'm partial, but Sony tends to overexaggerate their products. I would much rather buy a 360 and Wii (if I had the money). That more than compensates what you would get buying with Sony.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So you're saying the Wii will be more fun cuz its cheaper?

And the Wii controller looks ridiculous. I'll have to play it i guess, but it looks silly.

360 and ps3 will have their share of games. example: Assassins Creed

16. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only one who still prefers the good ol' computer to play games?

17. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm saying it will be more fun because of the games. Sony (right now) doesn't even compare with their game list (previous consoles aside). I feel Sony is charging way too much for their console, and the Blu-Ray won't be that much of an addition. If Blu-Ray takes off (which it might), the players will significantly lower prices to where DVD players were several years ago.

The Wii controller has been reviewed and they are positive. This is such a innovative controller for FPS and sword-fighting. I hate moving a joystick to position a gun.

I'm saying if you have the money to buy a PS3, it would be more wisely spent on a 360 and Wii.

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i dont think you know much about the ps3 games in the making(i admit the first generation games ready to roll arent very good, wii will win in the category of "launch released games" but...i personally wont be getting a ps3 for at least a year, and by then the games will be amazing. The games in the works are simply great.

360 is a joke, and no im not a sony 'fanboy' i own a ps2 and an xbox, but i know the 360 is a joke. ps3 has the cell processor, the blu ray, and the wi fi. It also has the online community gimmick similar to xbox 360s, which is free btw.

Price aside, which is very very high, PS3 is probably the best choice. I just hope in a year when I get mine(if i do) the price drops a good 200!

ps - first person shooters suck, and sword fighting? eh, i guess that could be cool, but is that what the Wii is? a FPS and Sword fighting system?

19. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    Nintendo has less "serious" games than Sony or Microsoft. I don't understand how you can say the Wii has better games than the PS3. Wii has the classics (Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime, ect) and a few new good games like Red Steel, but Sony has much better legendary series like Metal gear Solid, Devil May Cry and Grand Theft Auto. And PS3 has many other great games like Resistance Fall of Man, Heavenly Sword, Resident Evil 5, Killzone, F.E.A.R. and more (I relaize some of theose games are for the Xbox360, but I believe none are for the Wii). I realize price is a huge issue, but the PS3 is going to be better than the Wii. I view the Wii as an ideal 2nd console though, with a low price, unique controller, and classic games.

20. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey trom, you consider getting it from Canada?

2 benefits:
    1. Conversion rate
    2. Boxing day, you'd get it REALLY cheap, probably the cheapest anywhere.

21. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Im not crossing an ocean to get a game system!

22. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point.

You could always send me the money, and I could get it for ya!

Even use it for ya too! :wink:

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ha, i always wanted to kill a lawyer, and that would be a good justification.

24. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the money and am hoping to land it the day the ps3 comes out. I plan on buying the cheaper 499.99, another $50.00 controller, and madden 2007. The next game will be grand theft auto the new one for ps3.

Still is it worth getting the more expensive 599.99 ps3?

I know that you get 60 GB instead of 20 Gb with the more expensive one.

also on the 60 GB one you get
    Memory stick/SD/compact slash slots
    and Wi-fi

Does anyone know anything about the upgrade stuff and if it is worth it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat106600050030&type=category

25. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting the more expensive one because with wifi in my PS3 I will be able to play online (I allready have a wireles router, but not a wireless adapter thing).

PS2 conrollers and memory cards are useless with a PS3 right?