PS3 2013: Packers VS Seahawks

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
August 23rd at 8pm Eastern
This is the game that the starters typically play the most in. I hope to see more Lacy and Franklin along with improved O-line play.
Oh btw this game will be on CBS!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
SEA looked damn good in their last PS game. They played with a damn good quickness and some mean streak. They will be one of the toughest if not the toughest NFC teams this season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were two teams that physically bullied GB last season: San Francisco and Seattle. There was a LOT of nastiness in the trenches of that Week 3 game and the game-ending surely kept the fire stoked. This is a rare example of a preseason game that will go beyond normal pre-season hype. From a fan perceptive my only regret is that I would have liked to see Harvin on the field with Sydney Rice and Russell Wilson. From a Packers perspective, I'm glad that he's unavailable to play.

12theTruth

There were two teams that physically bullied GB last season: San Francisco and Seattle. There was a LOT of nastiness in the trenches of that Week 3 game and the game-ending surely kept the fire stoked. This is a rare example of a preseason game that will go beyond normal pre-season hype. From a fan perceptive my only regret is that I would have liked to see Harvin on the field with Sydney Rice and Russell Wilson. From a Packers perspective, I'm glad that he's unavailable to play.

Out of all the reasons we struggled last season the most important failure was the inability to hold the edges of the defensive line. Time after time against quality opponents we were bludgeoned on the edge of our line. Meaning our outside linebackers and defensive ends were not up to the task last season. Hopefully Capers schemes better and has the players to get the job done this year!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Seattle Defence will be a good test to get ready for the opener with the 49ers. Their offence will also test our Defence. It will be a black and blue, physical, and mental game. Everyone will have to step up their game for this one. The CB's will need to be in top form and Lynch will be hard to stop. The O-Line will need to play well if they expect to stay the Seahawk pass rush and open holes for Lacey. It will be a tough challenge for our Packers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Since it is preseason, not much scheming goes on but I do expect a bit more just because it is the 3rd game and basically the final dress rehearsal for the starters. I hope to see the starting offense get a few scores and the defense get more stops than not. And hopefully all the starters leave healthy midway through the 3rd qtr with a 2 score lead.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is going to be a good preseason game...game 3's are by design the most revealing because more of the "offense" is used since the starters are in all of the first half. and this could be a possible playoff matchup although i kinda see the 'hawks having a down year. lot of rookie QB's set up to have sophomore slumps this year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sea's hot right now, and definitely being overhyped, which means they'll get away with murder.

And MM said that this game 3 will not be as much as a "dress rehearsal" as it has been in past year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Weekly media information packet. Cool stats, interesting facts, depth chart, ETC. Full 52 page version is worth a least cursory glance. Fairly nice breakdown of Rams game stats. If anybody's interested, a guy I follow on Twitter charted the 1st and 2nd team snaps.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It will be a magical moment for me if the Pack don't give up 8 sacks in the first half. Capers and McCarthy were SO out-coached last year by Pete Carroll (PETE CARROLL???? Really?) and his staff ... same with the San Fran games (both of them). Really and truly, I hope that someone shuts the Seahawks and their insufferable new fans up this season. THIS is a preseason game and I'm still not expecting the Packers to expose Rodgers and the starters very long... 3rd preseason game or not ...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the hell a DOPE SHEET is?
I feel this is outdated about 40-50 years
Lee Remel was the one producing the Dope Sheet if I remember correctly, so the 40-50 years is about right. Of course, the concept is nothing new....someone giving you the "straight dope." There is even an "ask it" column that's been written since the early 1970s called The Straight Dope.

You know, this faded green and gold Packer logo is outdated by more than 50 years.

Sluggo42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greeting packer backers, seahawk fan here.
Not looking to stir your pot, just looking for team insight, or an information trade if you will.
What part of your team are you really liking, what part are you not so crazy about?

The Hawks are really ramping up the offense, but have yet to run any of the option plays yet, keeping Russell Wilson out of harms way I suppose. The beast has only run two plays so far so he might go a bit this week. Our TE position is scary, with zack miller just finally starting to practice, so he will not play against you leaving us with a rook, and two second year guys. Watch out for the rook Luke Willson, he is really really fast and might get worked into the game a bit more in some difficult match up, I hope anyways.
Our o-line is taking shape, and recently ejected moffitt, a 3rd round RG. We will be running hard, so expect that for sure.
I know y'all love Golden Tate for some reason or another, but this guy is really come alive this year, and second year Kearse is ballin. Secret weapon is Stephon Williams, 6-5 and 4.4 guy from Arizona. Finally healthy, he is making noise. Rookie RB Christine Micheals is also a monster and stupid fast, so you will see him a lot too, if his back spasms ease up...

On D, many starters are still on the mend, so you won't be looking at the #1 d-line, but the rest is firing on all cylinders. But I expect Rogers to take advantage of the d line short comings and to throw the rock a lot, and your rook RB looks solid too.

I get the feeling this game will be a touch hotter than a normal preseason game due to last years game. But, will still be lacking many starter from both teams.

So, what strengths do you expect to see, and what weaknesses are you hoping wont bite you in the rear end?

Finally, good luck to both teams, and prayers for no injuries to anyone...
See ya come playoffs?

Ciao
Slugger

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Greeting packer backers, seahawk fan here.
Not looking to stir your pot, just looking for team insight, or an information trade if you will.
What part of your team are you really liking, what part are you not so crazy about?

The Hawks are really ramping up the offense, but have yet to run any of the option plays yet, keeping Russell Wilson out of harms way I suppose. The beast has only run two plays so far so he might go a bit this week. Our TE position is scary, with zack miller just finally starting to practice, so he will not play against you leaving us with a rook, and two second year guys. Watch out for the rook Luke Willson, he is really really fast and might get worked into the game a bit more in some difficult match up, I hope anyways.
Our o-line is taking shape, and recently ejected moffitt, a 3rd round RG. We will be running hard, so expect that for sure.
I know y'all love Golden Tate for some reason or another, but this guy is really come alive this year, and second year Kearse is ballin. Secret weapon is Stephon Williams, 6-5 and 4.4 guy from Arizona. Finally healthy, he is making noise. Rookie RB Christine Micheals is also a monster and stupid fast, so you will see him a lot too, if his back spasms ease up...

On D, many starters are still on the mend, so you won't be looking at the #1 d-line, but the rest is firing on all cylinders. But I expect Rogers to take advantage of the d line short comings and to throw the rock a lot, and your rook RB looks solid too.

I get the feeling this game will be a touch hotter than a normal preseason game due to last years game. But, will still be lacking many starter from both teams.

So, what strengths do you expect to see, and what weaknesses are you hoping wont bite you in the rear end?

Finally, good luck to both teams, and prayers for no injuries to anyone...
See ya come playoffs?

Ciao
Slugger

Pre-season don't mean much........ but a win would be nice for us since ya'll got that free-bee last season. By the way, your welcome for that. lol

Sluggo42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you want to reverse that call, then you would have to reverse all the bad calls, including the ones that led to your TD, so don't be so quick to call it a freebie. But, I cried for 5 years after the officials gave Pittsburg the SB win in O5... So I understand your tears. But, that's in the past, and not why I'm here visiting your site...
More interested in Fridays game...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you want to reverse that call, then you would have to reverse all the bad calls, including the ones that led to your TD, so don't be so quick to call it a freebie. But, I cried for 5 years after the officials gave Pittsburg the SB win in O5... So I understand your tears. But, that's in the past, and not why I'm here visiting your site...
More interested in Fridays game...
True statement, and that's not sour grapes.

And I don't care who wins this fake-game Friday.
We'll see you again in January probably.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, I cried for 5 years after the officials gave Pittsburg the SB win in O5...

that's one one of the biggest robberies ever in sports...i have a friend who is a seahawks fan, and he was inconsolable. if that were my team, i'd never let it go. it's just awful. and of course it had to be the steelers...ugh.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
After our starters our depth is pretty average, with the exceptions of DL and CB. Safety is in bad shape, Backup QB is atrocious, and OL is in a bit of turmoil as well with the flip and a RT cmpetitin. That's the skinny.

Back up QB is painful to watch.

RB is OK. Harris is back, Lacy is a stud, Franklin is currently disappointing, The rest are who they are.

Kuhn is old. Amosa is irrelevant.

TE after Finley is a huge question mark

WR depth is actually enviable from a preseason standpoint now that the draft picks are healthy

For the record, I still don't think Barclay is a good Tackle, maybe barely decent. He just makes fewer mistakes than Newhouse. Rookie Bakhtiari is pleasant, but needs to fill out his anchor. The experience he gets this year will be HUGE. Datko is a disappointment.

EDS isn't a BAD starter, GVR isn't the best back up. Gerhart is worthless, Lewis is RAW.

We don't bother with back-up Guards. Lane Taylor is ok, Hughes was a camp body

The guy(s) we cut from DL will probably have a job within the hour

OLB depth is underwhelming, to the point we stuck an undersized DL there

ILB is mediocre at best from the top down

I'd say the only part of the secondary that isn't sorted out is SS. CB has definitely been a bright spot.

We can't find a decent returner, and to the fans dismay the joke of a kicking competition still goes on. We may still need to waste a draft pick on a Kicker next year regardless of who wins.

It's easy to see who makes the 75 on Tuesday.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame Golden Tate for anything except not admitting that he got away with it. That said he is turning into a good receiver. I think that paired with Sydney Rice they make a good duo, and would have been dynamite if Harvin hadn't gone down for the count.

The Packers are coming around. It'll be a good show tomorrow night. I think that you'll see Green Bay running the ball at your defense more than usual for a couple of reasons. The first and foremost is that we've got to figure out who gets cut from our backfield. The second is that the Seahawks play tough and we'll need to establish an equal level of toughness if we're going to pass the ball. The third reason is what you stated, that you've got injuries on the DL so we will certainly work on exploiting a perceived weakness.

Defensively we've got a lot of competition in our secondary. Despite what someone said above, we have good depth at both CB and S. Your offense will be a real good test for our bubble guys. I think that the quality of the Seattle offense and defense will make some of our 75-man roster cut downs much easier. Your team will more clearly show who can play and who can't. I'd hate to be playing the Jaguars or Chiefs in such an important game for determining rosters.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
But Johnathan Baldwin has been their best receiver. He was just hurt the last time we played. Tate is really only #4 or 5 on their Depth Chart.

Members online

Latest posts