Prospects of a meaningless Lions game in Week 17

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are a delusional fool of astronomical porportions. You actually seem to believe that the NFL is one big conspiracy that all the players are in on.

At first we were laughing at you, now we are starting to feel bad.

what conspiracy ? its called sports tv entertainment. Youll learn you are the one who is wrong over time.

and By the way,.. I picked Buffalo to make the playoffs so I picked them to beat GB. I'm not surprised by the outcome.

GB might need to win in week 17 to even make the playoffs. But I think they will because the nfl wants a decent QB in the mix since no one cares about the Cards or Sanchez and the NFC south bores everyone to sleep

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what conspiracy ? its called sports tv entertainment. Youll learn you are the one who is wrong over time.

and By the way,.. I picked Buffalo to make the playoffs so I picked them to beat GB. I'm not surprised by the outcome.

GB might need to win in week 17 to even make the playoffs. But I think they will because the nfl wants a decent QB in the mix since no one cares about the Cards or Sanchez and the NFC south bores everyone to sleep

Sports TV entertainment...so..you think the NFL is like the WWE...you actually believe that the NFL is staged and the outcomes are pre-determined? Just to be clear, you actually believe this?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As incredible as it seems yes, he actually does, adambr2.
who said anything about payoffs ? employees are doing the job their employer told them to. its an entertainment business and there's nothing illegal going on.
Now he's saying fixing games is in the employee's job description. Do you suppose it's in their written contract? Does the NFLPA know about it? Even with your limited reasoning skills rams fan, you have to admit they’re keeping it secret; why is that? If it’s perfectly legal, why keep it secret? Do you think Goodell keeps his job if the secret gets out? Why hasn’t a disgruntled employee made it public? How about a disgruntled player? How many people have been involved and why hasn’t a single one made it public?

This poster is either the ultimate challenge for us to stay within the posting protocols of this forum, or he's here to make everyone else feel better about their reasoning skills.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its looking more and more likely DET clinches Sunday a wildcard spot and Greenbay will have to beat DET to Win the Division and make the playoffs. One of the key games is Indy and Dallas this week if GB doesnt beat the Lions in week 17. Basically GB needs the Colts to WIN to ensure their playoff wildcard. Week 17 is turning out to be the most important game of the year in reality.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, it's pretty much a certainty that the week 17 game will be for the division title, with at least a 50/50 chance that the loser misses the playoffs.
BTW, if this game were to be flexed to Sunday night, when would we find out?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, it's pretty much a certainty that the week 17 game will be for the division title, with at least a 50/50 chance that the loser misses the playoffs.
BTW, if this game were to be flexed to Sunday night, when would we find out?

6 days prior and I think it's far more likely that the loser gets a Wild Card. The Lions are already in with a win over the lowly Bears this week regardless of what happens Week 17.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have the qualified for any playoffs yet ? they can go 15-1 or 1-15 but as long as they don't make it,the objective is met .

notice how they are making sure you don't know till the last two minutes of the last game of the season.

So with the Cardinals having already clinched a wild card spot would you like to continuing discussing how you are wrong or would prefer to just keep trolling? I for one am done feeding you after this post, but I need a good chuckle so I look forward to your reply.

Reaction score
Guys, I mean this in the most respectful way.. We need to worry about this week right now, not what happens to Dallas or Indy or the Cards.. We need to go in and do business and do it with authority, but most importantly, we need to worry about one week at a time.. next week and next month will take of the themselves if we take care of this Sunday. Our focus should be on Tampa and Tampa only

Youk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with the Cardinals having already clinched a wild card spot would you like to continuing discussing how you are wrong or would prefer to just keep trolling? I for one am done feeding you after this post, but I need a good chuckle so I look forward to your reply.

This guy Rams comes to a message board that I run (may or may not have started out there) and says the same ****. It's absolute GOLD. He predicts that a team will suck to prove that he is right, and then when the team (aka the CARDINALS) loses, he just says that you're an idiot and the NFL is a scam. Dude is on the 49ers forums, the Bears, and the Chiefs as well from what I've seen. You can't just say that the Cardinals are going to miss the playoffs and then say "well, the NFL made sure they'd lose with ****** QBs". If the Cardinals win the Super Bowl, you know he'd be the guy saying "well, they wanted a feel good story", lol.

Anyways, just wanted to laugh at this. Good luck to y'all the next two weeks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Its looking more and more likely DET clinches Sunday a wildcard spot and Greenbay will have to beat DET to Win the Division and make the playoffs. One of the key games is Indy and Dallas this week if GB doesnt beat the Lions in week 17. Basically GB needs the Colts to WIN to ensure their playoff wildcard. Week 17 is turning out to be the most important game of the year in reality.

Actually the Cowboys have to win this week´s game vs. the Colts for the Packers to ensure a wildcard spot if we lose to either the Bucs or Lions over the next two weeks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the Cowboys have to win this week´s game vs. the Colts for the Packers to ensure a wildcard spot if we lose to either the Bucs or Lions over the next two weeks.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

No, the Packers clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Dallas win (they got it wrong on the league´s website). Here is why:

If the Cowboys lose this week vs. the Colts and win next week vs. the Redskins and the Eagles win their remaining games the Eagles would win the divison (because of the better division record) but the Cowboys would win the tie-breaker vs. the Packers if they lose to the Lions because of a better record in common games.

On the other hand, if the Cowboys win this week the only way they´re not going to win the division is to lose vs. the Redskins which would result in the Packers winning the tie-breaker because of a better conference record.

If the Cowboys win the division the Packers are in because they have the tie-breaker over the Eagles.

D

Deleted member 6794

Already did but they haven't reacted so far.

I rather take the nfl or cbs for official until they put up a retraction

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Green Bay can clinch a playoff spot with:
1) GB win + PHI loss or tie
2) GB win + DAL win or tie
3) GB tie + PHI loss
4) GB tie + PHI tie + DAL win or tie
5) PHI loss + DAL win or tie

CBS has got it right, they have the Packers clinching a playoff spot with a win in Tampa and a Cowboys win.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the objective ultimately is whether the Cards get to a SB while being the host city. Ok, they made the playoffs but of course the league made sure why you don't believe them going any further by yanking all their QBs. Its unrealistic to begin with but the typical fan obviously believes anything and cant think for themselves. They are coming off as the worst 11 win team in history but you don't blink an eye at all?

again..yes I got that specific pick wrong but in no way.shape or form does that mean games aren't staged. Quite frankly, believing they beat a team in a game not scoring any TDs and beating them(Rams) after the Rams blew out/shut out 2 teams and beat the Broncos is just freaking laughable. Its simply not reality at all.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As incredible as it seems yes, he actually does, adambr2. Now he's saying fixing games is in the employee's job description. Do you suppose it's in their written contract? Does the NFLPA know about it? Even with your limited reasoning skills rams fan, you have to admit they’re keeping it secret; why is that? If it’s perfectly legal, why keep it secret? Do you think Goodell keeps his job if the secret gets out? Why hasn’t a disgruntled employee made it public? How about a disgruntled player? How many people have been involved and why hasn’t a single one made it public?

This poster is either the ultimate challenge for us to stay within the posting protocols of this forum, or he's here to make everyone else feel better about their reasoning skills.

http://thefixisin.net/theproof.html

The ticket you purchase to a sporting event reflects this notion of sports being simply entertainment. The "Spygate" lawsuit proves this. In this lawsuit, a New York Jets fan sued the New England Patriots for illegally (by NFL rules) videotaping their opponents coaching signals. The lawsuit asked for the Jets ticket holders' money back in 10 years worth of games - the duration of the Patriots "cheating" via this videotaping.
While you can read the U.S. Appeals Court's complete ruling in this case here, Senior Judge Robert E. Cowen's main conclusion was this: "At best, he [Carl Mayer, the plaintive] possessed nothing more than a contractual right to a seat from which to watch an NFL game between the Jets and the Patriots, and this right was clearly honored....Mayer possessed either a license or, at best, a contractual right to enter Giants Stadium and to have a seat from which to watch a professional football game. In the clear language of the ticket stub, ‘[t]his ticket only grants entry into the stadium and a spectator seat for the specified NFL game.’ Mayer actually was allowed to enter the stadium and witnessed the ‘specified NFL game’ between the Jets and Patriots. He thereby suffered no cognizable injury to a legally protected right or interest."

Cowen concluded, "We do not condone the conduct on the part of the Patriots and the team’s head coach, and we likewise refrain from assessing whether the NFL’s sanctions (and its alleged destruction of the videotapes themselves) were otherwise appropriate. We further recognize that professional football, like other professional sports, is a multi-billion dollar business. In turn, ticket-holders and other fans may have legitimate issues with the manner in which they are treated….Significantly, our ruling also does not leave Mayer and other ticket-holders without any recourse. Instead, fans could speak out against the Patriots, their coach, and the NFL itself. In fact, they could even go so far as to refuse to purchase tickets or NFL-related merchandise….However, the one thing they cannot do is bring a legal action in a court of law. [emphasis in original].”
If that is the best protection a ticket provides a fan, do you honestly believe watching a game on television grants one more legal protection?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You really don’t have to continue – we’re all convinced you’re delusional, so job well done. Of course the NFL is entertainment – all professional sports are – but of course that does not mean the games are fixed.

You can't even figure out Goodell’s motivation - it can’t be money and power because he already has both. Tell us again why doesn’t the NFL publically admit the games are fixed? And look how far you’ve gone now – according to you Palmer will now undergo an unnecessary operation just to continue the 'fix is in' conspiracy. And how about the surgeon? Is (s)he in on it too? What about medical malpractice? Or do they just pretend to operate? Do they use fake blood and a rubber scalpel? Are the nurses in on it too? :roflmao:

Is this true?
This guy Rams comes to a message board that I run (may or may not have started out there) and says the same ****.Dude is on the 49ers forums, the Bears, and the Chiefs as well from what I've seen.
If so, does any board buy your BS?

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really don’t have to continue – we’re all convinced you’re delusional, so job well done. Of course the NFL is entertainment – all professional sports are – but of course that does not mean the games are fixed.

You can't even figure out Goodell’s motivation - it can’t be money and power because he already has both. Tell us again why doesn’t the NFL publically admit the games are fixed? And look how far you’ve gone now – according to you Palmer will now undergo an unnecessary operation just to continue the 'fix is in' conspiracy. And how about the surgeon? Is (s)he in on it too? What about medical malpractice? Or do they just pretend to operate? Do they use fake blood and a rubber scalpel? Are the nurses in on it too? :roflmao:

Is this true? If so, does any board buy your BS?

Goodell? motivation? do you even understand his job? he works for the owners and does what they say. He has no power at all.

Palmer? Show me the proof he is having/had any surgery.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL if and hoping there......its setting up for a major showdown in GB week 17 to make the playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Goodell? motivation? do you even understand his job? he works for the owners and does what they say. He has no power at all.

Palmer? Show me the proof he is having/had any surgery.

Asking for proof of surgery on a player??? I think your act has worn out here..

Members online

Latest posts